Manual update instructions....
Quote:
• Ensure your battery is > 50% full
• Extract the .zip file into a folder on your computer
• Once extracted, drag the two files to the root directory of your Sansa Clip+
• Disconnect the Sansa Clip+ and let it begin the firmware update
• Once it finally finishes doing its update, it will turn itself off
• Turn the Clip+ on Select your language and region preference

• Once its back to the main menu, head to "Settings" > "System Settings" > "Info", and verify the "Version" is now xx.xx.xx
Afterwards, be sure to return your USB mode to where you had it before....these updates change it to Auto-defect.
(Thanks to FreeZ5 for pointing out the manual instructions weren't here...added!)

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...us01.02.18.zip

Quote:
Sansa Clip+ Firmware 01.02.18 Release Notes

This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on device to complete the upgrade process. If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:
No new enhancement

Bugs Fixed:

Device hangs up after finished playing special mp3 files, which contain CRC error at the end of frames

KnownIssues:
·
Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time
FM signal is weakened during FM recording
Powering off device is not available during Locked state
Some language strings are in English
Have to remove 200MB to allow enough space for DB rebuilding
Voice deletion in MSC mode doesn’t clean out filename
http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...us01.02.16.zip

Quote:
Sansa Clip+ Firmware 01.02.16 Release Notes
This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on device to complete the upgrade process. If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the device and then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:
  • French language translation updates
  • Supports newer memory configuration

Bugs Fixed:
· Next Song with long string disappearsinstead of scrolling once device is activated with Rhapsody

KnownIssues:
· Refresh database progress bar doesn't scale with time
· FM signal is weakened during FM recording
· Powering off device is not available during Locked state
· Some language strings are in English
http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...us01.02.15.zip

Quote:
Sansa Clip+ Firmware 01.02.15 Release Notes

Enhancements:
  • French language translation updates

Bugs Fixed:
· Next Song with long string disappearsinstead of scrolling once device is activated with Rhapsody

KnownIssues:

Info from http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...5279&jump=true

Clip Plus 01.02.13.zip

Quote:
Sansa Clip+ Firmware 01.02.13 Release Notes

Quote:
Enhancements:
  • Enhancement for gapless playback with LAME encoded MP3
  • FM volume is reduced at lower volume level
  • Russian language translation updates

Bugs Fixed:
· Device restarts/freezes after changing backlight to 10 sec
· Device hangs playing certain FLAC contents

KnownIssues:
Original info from http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=clipplus&thread.id=4728

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

http://mp3support.sandisk.com/firmwa...us01.02.09.zip
Quote:
Sansa Clip+Firmware 01.02.09 Release Notes
This firmware has several bug fixes and enhancements, as listed below. Upon completion of firmware upgrade, the device will turn off. Power on device to complete the upgrade process. If device does not initiate or complete, press & hold the Power switch for 10 seconds to reset the deviceand then release and press again to restart.

Enhancements:
• ReplayGain parsing is improved
• Playback performance of mono WAV and FLAC files is improved
• Max volume level is lowered in Normal volume setting to comply with new European Union requirement

Bugs Fixed:
• Channel number doesn’t change when skipping channels in Audible playback
• Some language strings are in English
• Volume cannot be changed outside of playback screen
• Audiobook and podcast counts are not correct in Info screen
• Device randomly freezes during slotRadio card insertion
• Device hangs during playback of corrupted OGG files
• FM audio is lost following microSD card insertion

Known Issues:
• Refresh database progress bar doesn’t scale with time
• FM signal is weakened during FM recording
• Powering off device is not available during Locked state
Info courtesy of http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/

Last edited by Marvin the Martian; 08-08-2012 at 02:20 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-12-2010, 02:12 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Awesome! Marv, you da man - thanks for posting.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This firmware update doesn't seem very exciting. I might not even utilize it. I was hoping for some additional functionality, especially variable speed playback with pitch correction.

Old 01-12-2010, 02:53 PM

dude its not like the thing is going to magically turn the clip + into a ipod touch...

be grateful we got anything. I have to wait a couple of weeks to get my clip + exchanged to take advantage of this update...

Old 01-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Banned

Pass...

Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM

Enhancements:
• Max volume level is lowered in Normal volume setting to comply with new European Union requirement

lol how is that an enhancement? ehhhh
Amp: FiiO E5(Nationite EDITION)

Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Good thing no one's forced to choose Europe as region at first startup... arbitrary patronizing EU laws make me sick - especially if they're as useless as this one. My UE11 are about 5 times as loud/sensitive as some average stock earbuds, so the law doesn't concern me anyways.

Replaygain is something I'm very interested in, personally. So any improvements are welcome to that.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:40 PM

I'm very disappointed that Sansa failed to fix gapless with this firmware update. They didn't even mention it under the "known issues" section of the update description. Is Sansa in some kind of denial that the gapless feature does not work on the Clip+?

Gapless is not an extra feature that is listed on some music geek wishlist. The product was advertised to feature gapless, and gapless is listed in the user manual.

I hope Sansa corrects this problem and fixes gapless for the Clip+ with the next firmware update.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richteratmosphere View Post
I'm very disappointed that Sansa failed to fix gapless with this firmware update. They didn't even mention it under the "known issues" section of the update description. Is Sansa in some kind of denial that the gapless feature does not work on the Clip+?

Gapless is not an extra feature that is listed on some music geek wishlist. The product was advertised to feature gapless, and gapless is listed in the user manual.

I hope Sansa corrects this problem and fixes gapless for the Clip+ with the next firmware update.
would be nice for my few live albums. but for me gapless is not important, they need to fix the power button issue though, as well as the playback frequency offset that was also present in the original clip according to wikipedia, and just to be an arse, they need to fix the battery gauge too, it was one of the things that bugged me about my ipod video was the battery meter was way off sometimes.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:02 PM

True, gapless isn't important for everyone, but to fail to fix a feature that they adverstised as being functional out of the box with the original firmware is just bad business.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:57 PM
ABI Invaluable

I hear all the bickering, but a big positive that no one mentioned is now that there’s a firmware upgrade available, rockbox is eventually to follow, read here.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-14-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I hear all the bickering, but a big positive that no one mentioned is now that there’s a firmware upgrade available, rockbox is eventually to follow, read here.
Indeed! I saw that update on the Rockbox site and was quite excited. Rockbox on my e200v2 is rock solid*, and its made huge strides in the last few months on my 2gig Clipv1. Having just purchased a 4gig Clip+, let me just say "can't wait!"

EDIT: No pun intended... my bad.

Old 01-14-2010, 08:15 PM

didn't fix the folder browsing bug? where folder and folder2 would get merged? that's a biggie, along with gapless. I'm too lazy to install this one, but rockbox is always exciting.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:23 AM

Default Audiobook counting still incorrect

I didn't notice how the old firmware counted audiobooks, but this new one is doing it wrong despite the release notes. It says I have 922 audiobooks, so it's counting the number of tracks. It should count the number of albums (38).

Old 01-15-2010, 03:47 PM

Meh, I'll pass. The only feature I want is the ability to make playlists that span tracks in the onboard memory and microSD card. And I'm not the only one.

Old 01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defaultluser View Post
Meh, I'll pass. The only feature I want is the ability to make playlists that span tracks in the onboard memory and microSD card. And I'm not the only one.
Hmmm amusing link. Supposed to be a link to the movie? Or are there 5 people who want this feature?

Personally I suspect that this feature is not going to happen, but I'm no expert on playlists.

Steve

Old 01-16-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batkinson001 View Post
dude its not like the thing is going to magically turn the clip + into a ipod touch...

be grateful we got anything. I have to wait a couple of weeks to get my clip + exchanged to take advantage of this update...
It would still be extremely similar even if we didn't get anything.

There still needs to be asthetic improvements of the clip's interface and menus.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:20 PM

Thanks so much for posting the news - and the link!

I'm undecided whether I will download it. I don't listen to much music , mostly audiobooks and podcasts. The one bug I really need fixed is that the minimum volume on the FM radio is way too high - I can't turn it low enough to tolerate listening to it (at least, not without my $7.99 Radio Shack in-line volume adjuster added to the headphone cord). For audiobook playback, I have the opposite problem - there is barely enough volume at max, unless I'm in a totally quiet environment. (I'm getting new iems to use in place of the included earbuds, and am hopeful that will help with the latter problem.) The last thing I'd want is for the update to LOWER the maximum volume for audiobook playback! Though it sounds like the EU standards thing would only apply if I set it for European at the get-go, right?

Old 01-16-2010, 09:57 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Yep--

Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM

The update fixed my issue with hanging Ogg Vorbis playback, so +1 for SanDisk from me. Keep up the good work.