android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 01-14-2010, 10:23 PM

Angry Samsung Support is more like Samsung Sup-crap.

Samsung Support has lost my P3. Yup, that's right. I shipped it on the 4th of December, and it was delivered on the 7th of December. They still haven't found my P3, let alone repair it. I got a pretty accusing and somewhat (excuse my language) bitchy email from some Executive Customer relations guy. Here it is:

"I contacted CVE to get the status of your MP3 player. They stated it was never received. If you sent the device in regular mail and did not use a shipping label provided by Samsung, you would be responsible for tracking your device.

Thank you"

What a bunch of BS. Wish me luck. A little advice - Don't send your P3 without taking a picture of the box it's in, etc. These guys who are supposed to support us aren't really...supportive.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-15-2010, 06:38 AM

sorry to hear about that. i would be really frustrated if that happened to me. i hope you get your p3 back soon

Old 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM

well, I'm sorry to hear that. I've personally had great experiences with Samsung tech support.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 AM

For an extra buck, I buy insurance on all my packages that have value that I'm not willing to replace, don't know if you insured yours, but hope so, good luck.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Banned

I buy insurance on things I post, too. Such is the economy even postmen have been known to steal stuff.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:38 PM

Yes, their "support" sucks. I sent them my practically new p2 for "repair" and they sent me back a piece of crap P2 that was falling apart but somehow still worked. Long story short I insisted that they return MY P2 and since they'd either lost it or I don't know what, they sent me a P3 instead. Oh, that was three MONTHS later.
I sincerely hope you have a better experience. Good Luck!
and yeah it would be a good idea to take pictures.

Old 01-16-2010, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
For an extra buck, I buy insurance on all my packages that have value that I'm not willing to replace, don't know if you insured yours, but hope so, good luck.
Damn, I remember when the lady asked me at the post office if I wanted insurance...I denied it.

Old 01-16-2010, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilwithin View Post
Damn, I remember when the lady asked me at the post office if I wanted insurance...I denied it.
That wasn't smart and that's not the fault of Samsung. What instructions were you given by Samsung to return the unit? Did you not recieve, ask for, or were offered a shipping label from Samsung? Did they give you an RMA #?

Things get lost and stolen in the mail all the time. The frequency is low but it happens.

If it was shipped to wrong address or did not have a the RMA# in the shipping label or properly marked on the package, it could bounce around.

If you accept responsibility for shipping the device back, you're also responsible for tracking and insurance. Basically, what they told you is correct. If you sent it back outside of their normal procedure and didn't insure it, its all on you.

Send them the tracking info and maybe they'll find it. Taking a picture of it in a box is useless....it doesn't actaully prove that you sent it.

This may turn out ok or become a hard learned object lesson. Don't get too upset with Samsung when you missed an opportunity to protect your shipment. Even if they did get it and the package was damaged, no insurance equals you being screwed.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 01-16-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Old 01-16-2010, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
That wasn't smart and that's not the fault of Samsung. What instructions were you given by Samsung to return the unit? Did you not recieve, ask for, or were offered a shipping label from Samsung? Did they give you an RMA #?

Things get lost and stolen in the mail all the time. The frequency is low but it happens.

If it was shipped to wrong address or did not have a the RMA# in the shipping label or properly marked on the package, it could bounce around.

If you accept responsibility for shipping the device back, you're also responsible for tracking and insurance. Basically, what they told you is correct. If you sent it back outside of their normal procedure and didn't insure it, its all on you.

Send them the tracking info and maybe they'll find it. Taking a picture of it in a box is useless....it doesn't actaully prove that you sent it.

This may turn out ok or become a hard learned object lesson. Don't get too upset with Samsung when you missed an opportunity to protect your shipment. Even if they did get it and the package was damaged, no insurance equals you being screwed.
Very nicely put and very very true.

I work in a warehouse and we receive and ship lots of things. If you need to be sure they received it, a signed delivery is the only way to go. If there is no signature, then there is no proof of it being delivered. And signature required automatically trackable. Then as an added protection, do the insurance. Insurance deters postal theft being they'd end up having to pay the insurance anyway.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:

Yes, I did everything they asked. I have an RMA # and I did attach the shipping label. Since this was my first time sending in anything to Samsung Support, I made sure I didn't forget anything. As for tracking, I have tracked it via USPS and this is what it says:
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 9:38 AM on December 7, 2009 in RIVERDALE, NJ 07457.

Detailed Results:
Delivered, December 07, 2009, 9:38 am, RIVERDALE, NJ 07457 Processed through Sort Facility, December 06, 2009, 7:42 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032 Processed through Sort Facility, December 05, 2009, 2:08 am, CHICAGO, IL 60701 Acceptance, December 04, 2009, 3:15 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60659
Now, it clearly says DELIVERED December 7th, 2009. According to Samsung, they never received it. This proof says otherwise. Samsung has seen this and yet they think it was me who did not add the shipping label which is ridiculous because I received it through email and printed it out.

Old 01-17-2010, 01:09 AM

Now that is foul, you did everything they required and did everything correctly and Samsung is blaming you.

That I must admit is not right. Thoroughly, not right.

Old 01-17-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedevilwithin View Post
Yes, I did everything they asked. I have an RMA # and I did attach the shipping label. Since this was my first time sending in anything to Samsung Support, I made sure I didn't forget anything. As for tracking, I have tracked it via USPS and this is what it says:
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was delivered at 9:38 AM on December 7, 2009 in RIVERDALE, NJ 07457.

Detailed Results:
Delivered, December 07, 2009, 9:38 am, RIVERDALE, NJ 07457 Processed through Sort Facility, December 06, 2009, 7:42 pm, KEARNY, NJ 07032 Processed through Sort Facility, December 05, 2009, 2:08 am, CHICAGO, IL 60701 Acceptance, December 04, 2009, 3:15 pm, CHICAGO, IL 60659
Now, it clearly says DELIVERED December 7th, 2009. According to Samsung, they never received it. This proof says otherwise. Samsung has seen this and yet they think it was me who did not add the shipping label which is ridiculous because I received it through email and printed it out.
This should be enough information to get them to replace your p3, insurance would have just been extra protection. I’d be polite and firmly state that your p3 was delivered, showing the USPS proof and indicating you followed their procedures. You can also contact USPS and they do an investigation, which should hopefully yield you more proof. If the person you are dealing with can not help you, either over the phone or by email, ask for an escalation to a higher level. If they don’t give you one, change your strategy, research their company executives and start emailing them from the top down, but keep your cool, be polite and to the point. I know this sounds stupid and like a PITA, but climbing down the chain of command works most times, because it improves your odds that you’ll come across an employee who actually cares about helping their customers. Most executives that actually read their email, will normally delegate this to be resolved, but once again be short, polite and to the point. If you are not, you’ll be dead in the water and don’t forget you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

BTW, I could tell you stories of the times this worked, but I won’t bore you with the details.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 01-17-2010, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
This should be enough information to get them to replace your p3, insurance would have just been extra protection. I’d be polite and firmly state that your p3 was delivered, showing the USPS proof and indicating you followed their procedures. You can also contact USPS and they do an investigation, which should hopefully yield you more proof. If the person you are dealing with can not help you, either over the phone or by email, ask for an escalation to a higher level. If they don’t give you one, change your strategy, research their company executives and start emailing them from the top down, but keep your cool, be polite and to the point. I know this sounds stupid and like a PITA, but climbing down the chain of command works most times, because it improves your odds that you’ll come across an employee who actually cares about helping their customers. Most executives that actually read their email, will normally delegate this to be resolved, but once again be short, polite and to the point. If you are not, you’ll be dead in the water and don’t forget you catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

BTW, I could tell you stories of the times this worked, but I won’t bore you with the details.
I have been so nice, it's unbelievable. I'm serious. I have called at least 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks. I gave them my USPS tracking number and they still don't want to do anything about it. I've been given THREE transaction numbers, transferred to different departments, and I feel as if I'm being thrown here and there. I just replied to the same person who sent me that email with the tracking number and delivery status. Let's see what she says now. I think your idea of contacting USPS will work because nothing is working with Samsung right now. Thanks for the advice.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:51 PM

I agree with your original post - that's complete bullshit that they're not willing to even try to fix your problem. I would be insanely pissed if I were you.
Samsung P3 32GB (current)
Phones: Generic Samsung things, JVC Marshmallows

Old 01-22-2010, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanimated View Post
I agree with your original post - that's complete bullshit that they're not willing to even try to fix your problem. I would be insanely pissed if I were you.
I AM insanely pissed.

UPDATE: I called Samsung yet again yesterday and I was treated the same way - brushed off. After telling the representative that I've been transferred here and there, he tells me: "Sir, you did not send your Mp3 player via UPS therefore we can't track it and we are not responsible for it. We can't replace your Mp3 player either because you sent it yourself."
Whoa, whoa, whoa, now back up here. Since when did Samsung REQUIRE that the product be sent by UPS? Has anyone here done that? Also, shouldn't the email with the shipping label have that critical information in it? All that email gave me was a shipping label and the procedure. This is getting way out of hand. I feel as if I'm being robbed.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 PM

well, whenever I sent anything to Samsung, I used UPS, so I never ran into that problem. if you didn't use UPS, what did you use? USPS?

Old 01-23-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron View Post
well, whenever I sent anything to Samsung, I used UPS, so I never ran into that problem. if you didn't use UPS, what did you use? USPS?
Yes, I sent it through USPS. But does it really matter?

Old 01-23-2010, 05:38 PM

The best thing you can do is work Samsung and the USPS. Unfortunately, both parties can point fingers at the other in a non-insured situation. Since you can't file an insurance claim, you're stuck with depending on the good will of most likely Samsung. The USPS may do something for you but they are under no obligation. Thier records indicate that they did what they said they would do....deliever. They have no control over what happens after that. If you sent it 'signature required', they could tell you who from Samsung signed for it. If not, I don't know what to say. You could file a complaint with the USPS but unless they uncover some problem, you're stuck in a 'good will' situation. Someone stated that they were able to get them to budge in a similar situation but they are not obligated to do so. That's why they sell the insurance.

Good luck.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
The best thing you can do is work Samsung and the USPS. Unfortunately, both parties can point fingers at the other in a non-insured situation. Since you can't file an insurance claim, you're stuck with depending on the good will of most likely Samsung. The USPS may do something for you but they are under no obligation. Thier records indicate that they did what they said they would do....deliever. They have no control over what happens after that. If you sent it 'signature required', they could tell you who from Samsung signed for it. If not, I don't know what to say. You could file a complaint with the USPS but unless they uncover some problem, you're stuck in a 'good will' situation. Someone stated that they were able to get them to budge in a similar situation but they are not obligated to do so. That's why they sell the insurance.

Good luck.
Ah man, I am being bombarded with bad news.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:12 PM

You could also go the route of contacting Samsung's divsion of consumer affairs or equvalent. Ooops....I just re-read that you already did that. The BBB may also be a resource to tap when all else is exhausted. Of course, they are relatively toothless but it's worth a try if you run into a road block.

Regarding Samsung's statement that they could not help you because you did not sent it UPS....did they tell you to send it UPS?

As said before, patience and perserverance may prove to be rewarding. Be calm and rational. Be nice but not too nice. Sometimes when you are too nice they think that they can walk all over you and you will go away quietly. Be nice but assertive.

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 01-24-2010 at 07:21 PM.