android
Old 01-18-2010, 08:06 PM

Default X-fi2 case recommendations?

does anyone have a recommendation for source for a case for the X-fi2??

I'm looking for one that will hold the X-fi2, in ear monitor, USB cable..

it's be really great if it had an internal pocket or two for a micro SD card

Dave

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-19-2010, 02:09 AM

the tuffluv leather case is the only one out there that's worth a damn.

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205262949

has a magnetic clasp which is especially nice.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM

nice case, I'd prefer to put my earbuds inside the case instead of that spinny thing..... I 'd also like to store the USB charging cable.

anyone have any other suggestions?

Dave

Old 01-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Ultra Senior Member

You should start looking for camera cases if you want to keep the USB cable and headphones in the same case as the player. Most discount stores with a camera dept. will have an assortment of small "universal" cases intended to fit most digital cameras, and which will also hold all you want.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:30 AM

true, you dont want a player case at all.
ill warn you tho that the inside of zippers, your usb connector, and the headphone plug will all scratch your player surface under the right circumstances.

i dont use the lame spinny thing, the case is in such a way where you can wrap the earbuds around it and snap them in using the snap in stand/belt clip. you could conceivably snap the usb connector on there too.

at any rate, if you're looking for a bag specifically for this model, the player is new so you'll probably have to wait a while.

Old 03-07-2010, 10:52 PM

Default Cases for X-Fi2

Does anyone know of cases, screen protectors etc available for the Zen X-Fi 2?

I have found a couple at http://www.i-nique.com/model.asp/cn=1/c=485, but thats all so far.

www.boxwave.com make some great cases, but they don't seem to have any for the X-Fi 2. There is a link on the website where you can request that they make cases for any product, so if everyone requests that they make stuff for the X-Fi 2 they might just make some great cases for us! http://www.boxwave.com/community/request/index.htm

If anyone knows of other cases etc, please post here and let us all know!

Old 03-07-2010, 11:16 PM

Apart from the ones that Creative themselves make, I had no idea there were others. I'm waiting for a charger cable for my region :/

EDIT: Buying a case and screen protector now. Will let everyone know how they are when they arrive.

Last edited by Tetrajak; 03-07-2010 at 11:26 PM.

Old 03-08-2010, 12:34 AM

There's already a thread for this, please use the search function before creating new threads. (Threads merged)
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-10-2010, 04:25 PM

I just ordered a screen protector and case from this site:
http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205262963

pre-order for 13 days on the case though, so it'll be a while until I have it.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I just ordered a screen protector and case from this site:
http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205262963

pre-order for 13 days on the case though, so it'll be a while until I have it.
Ditto. I'm curious as to whose will arrive first. I predict it will be yours, as I live on the furthest corners of the world.

Old 03-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Banned

SCREEN PROTECTORS!:

DURASEC
http://www.durasec.com/catalog/creat...67a14d5feba360

Considering they ship from Germany, It arrives quickly (here in the states anyway, if you're in Europe you'll get it FAST)

It is a bitch to apply

INVISIBLE SHIELD (THE BETTER OPTION IMO)
http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield/...ns-shields.php

ONE OF THE BEST! Now If Martin Fields Made a protector for it we'll be in business!

combine one of these (the invisible shield especially) with the Tuff Luv Silicone case,

http://www.i-nique.com/detail.asp/cn...=5055205263045

you'll have 100% coverage, no scratches AT ALL, not even from dust getting under the case!

GOLLA CUBE MUSIC BAG
Pardon the website;
http://www.tipb.com/2008/10/15/revie...se-for-iphone/

The Golla "Cube" Music bag! Look at the pockets! It should fit your USB, IEM's and Memory Card. I dont use it on my hip, personally I put it in my pocket. And if you use IEM's with an "L" shaped plug you can use the player while closed.
AND They are cheap! You can buy one on Ebay for $5 (Search for "Golla Cube")

I hope this helps you!, If it does, please add to my reputation (the little balance scale in the top right corner, I got into a fight with a MOD and he iced my rep!
Thanks for reading!
Brandon
PLEASE READ MY PROTECTOR REVIEW IN THE GENERAL DAP BOARD!

Last edited by BattleBrat; 03-12-2010 at 11:19 PM.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:49 AM

My case and screen protector have arrived. I'm pleased with how it's designed as it has a lot of considerations for the features of the device built into it. Review + pictures;

Picture: the player + screen protector, case, cleaning cloth, etc.

The screen protector came with a cleaning cloth, which I was both surprised and pleased with. It's a good cleaning cloth too, so I'll be keeping it. It also came with an applicator card to help push the air bubbles out from under the adhesive, and that worked quite well also.

The screen protector itself was easy to apply and sits over the entire black front area (minus the home button and the speaker). The screen protector is the main reason the screen looks a little grainy in the photos. However, despite how it appears in the photos, the screen is crystal clear to look at from directly in front of it. The protector creates no distortion or blurring of the display, and I'm happy to say that the touch screen responds exactly as it did before without causing any trouble.

Picture: inside of case + player

The player fits into the case firmly and holds it in place quite well. As you can see in the picture, the case has holes for the reset button, usb port, headphone jack, home button, and speaker. You can even see the magnetic clip up on the top left edge of the case. It's a decent magnet, so it keeps the case closed but doesn't require any great force to open.

You may also notice that the case comes with MicroSD pouches on the inside. These are very tight, although they have to be to hold such small storage devices with care. My only gripe about the case is that I accidentally broke the pouch on the left when I was attempting to insert a card for the photo. This was due to the fact that there was a small drop of glue on the inside, which pretty much seals the pouch shut and makes it unusable. Ah well, that's what you get for 'made in china' goods.

Despite this, as you can see from the photo, the screen and buttons are easily accessible when the case is open. The power button and MicroSD slot are both hidden within the case and safely protected.

Picture: outside of case

The outside of this particular case (the Armageddon) sports an embossed dragon. The design certainly isn't shabby, and adds a bit of variety to an otherwise uniform shape. You can also see in the photo the 'm' clip, which the designers seem to be quite proud of. The way it works is that you take your headphone plug, slip that end of the cord through one of the arches, and then from the inside of the other arch through the slit of that arch. The 'm' can be twisted and it winds your headphones cord up. It's a neat trick, but for me it just gets in the way. Thankfully there's a small screw included that you can plug the hole with if you don't want to use the clip.

You can also see in the outside photo the 'leg' that can be unclipped (works a little like a photo frame stand). This little piece is to stand the player up if you want to sit it down to watch video or whatever other purposes you could think of for standing the player up and displaying the screen.

All things considered, I'm pleased with my purchase, which cost me a mere 27 pounds including postage (~40USD).

Last edited by Tetrajak; 03-15-2010 at 02:21 AM.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetrajak View Post
My case and screen protector have arrived. I'm pleased with how it's designed as it has a lot of considerations for the features of the device built into it. Review + pictures;

All things considered, I'm pleased with my purchase, which cost me a mere 27 pounds including postage (~40USD).
I see you got yours first. Wasn't there a 13 day pre-order for the case? Maybe they got a shipment earlier than they thought.
And it definitely seems worth the money from your pictures, can't wait until mine arrive ^^ How was it to put on the screen protector? You say it wasn't very hard, and then I've heard others who claim it to be nearly impossible to get right. Any tips before I try it? ^^

Old 03-15-2010, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I see you got yours first. Wasn't there a 13 day pre-order for the case? Maybe they got a shipment earlier than they thought.
And it definitely seems worth the money from your pictures, can't wait until mine arrive ^^ How was it to put on the screen protector? You say it wasn't very hard, and then I've heard others who claim it to be nearly impossible to get right. Any tips before I try it? ^^
Well I got mine on perfectly first time. It doesn't leave horrible residue if you peal it off to adjust, and it's got some very clear and easy to understand instructions that come with it. Following them made it extremely easy to get right. Having pealed off the left side with the tab they provide that is attached to it (very helpful little piece of plastic too), if you align it on the left side edge of the black area perfectly before putting the whole protector down then you'll likely get it right first time. Remember that it fits the black area on the front of the player perfectly, and as such, when you're aligning it after pealing off half of it you should put it at the very edge of the black area.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:52 PM

Now my shipment arrived with the exact same order as Tetrajak, although my hook isn't metal like his but circular and black, dunno why.

I am quite pleased with the case as it enables me to carry my Zen with me without having to put it in my shirt pocket. (Pockets in my pants are occupied by cellphone and keys)
The design is also very cool.

I don't know if something is wrong with my screen protector though.. To me it's just as grainy IRL as it is in Tetra's pic... I'm really disappointed with it to be honest. 99% transparency? I wish.. I'll probably use it to protect my screen though, but I'm afraid I'll tire of the graininess fast.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:55 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

I ordered the the same case [without the dragon design] after I found out that I'd won a ZEN X-Fi2... so it was bye-bye 4GB ZEN!! But the case is fantastic, very tough. Comes in handy when throwing your ZEN about whilst playing ZENFart's 'Hot Potato' mode...

Old 03-24-2010, 10:33 PM

Got this in today from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Crysta...9487929&sr=8-5

Crystal Clear Hard Case
Screen Protector for less than $5.00

A steal.
Be a Troublemaker (Matt 10:34, Eph 6:10-20, Acts 16:20-21, 17:6-7, 24:5)

"Stop worrying about being inadequate or not good enough...and greatly fear being good at things that have no eternal significance." - Me

Old 03-26-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatIsChazaq View Post
Got this in today from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Crysta...9487929&sr=8-5

Crystal Clear Hard Case
Screen Protector for less than $5.00

A steal.
cool! i want one! Is it available in singapore?????