Yep, it's just you
I'm glad someone prefers the interface I made xD
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
I'm glad someone prefers the interface I made xD

why dont you just make the app skinnable and offer both interfaces?

if you did that, you could say you built the first skinnable xfi2 app.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:43 PM

i'm working on the eraser leaving dots if you tap, but if hold your finger on the screen for about a second (less time then it takes to register a hold) then it will go away when you lift your finger. the interface is kind of skinnable, you can replace images in the res folder..

http://www.mediafire.com/?dlnnymukwwd
here are the old pics and the icon (the icon goes in the main folder). if you want to change them. if you want you can even edit them and make your own interface.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badazzmofo View Post
why dont you just make the app skinnable and offer both interfaces?

if you did that, you could say you built the first skinnable xfi2 app.
As cilmaviel said, the app is indeed skinnable. All you need to do is exchange the images in the res folder with images of the same name. That's what I did when I changed the interface from the old one.
One thing you have to be aware about with the old VS the new, the new contains a black button which wasn't in the original, so either you have to make your own black button or save to instances of the white one under different names.

Old 02-13-2010, 02:17 AM

I began experimenting with an extended toolbar for this app. So that you instead of holding to get a line you could choose a line tool. I managed so far as to get a "more" button which changed the tools in the toolbar, and I got the lines there to indicate the line tool. But the way I did it there were a few bugs:

When you pressed "more" the line tool was marked even though not being active.

If you pressed the line tool to activate it it set the first point of the line at the button and when you pressed somewhere else it drew line there instead of beginning there.

I haven't had time to fix this yet due to a more important task, any suggestions and ideas? Is it even necessary or is the holding fine? I just thought this could eventually open up for more tools, like box/square tools and other geometrical figures.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:54 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
I just thought this could eventually open up for more tools, like box/square tools and other geometrical figures.
Autoshapes would be amazing!

Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 PM

Theres a problem the png. images dont show up.

Old 02-14-2010, 03:07 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Please attatch the app in a .zip file in future, thank you

Old 02-14-2010, 11:57 PM

the zip in the first post is missing the res folder with the images in it...
Attached Files
File Type: zip paintV1.6.zip (71.0 KB, 28 views)

Old 02-15-2010, 01:40 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilmaviel View Post
the zip in the first post is missing the res folder with the images in it...
Fixed

Old 02-15-2010, 12:59 PM

I'm working on a function to add more colors to this app. I am thinking about adding 4 new colors to begin with while testing, what new colors would people want?

Old 02-15-2010, 01:03 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
I'm working on a function to add more colors to this app. I am thinking about adding 4 new colors to begin with while testing, what new colors would people want?
Purple, brown, pink

Old 02-15-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
Purple, brown, pink
These colors are now added successfully. The color chooser is working smoothly. (EDIT: There seems to be some kind of bug when pressing the home button to exit, I think it is due to painting out several images on each other, anyone know how to remove an image from the screen without closing it completely?)

How many colors should I implement before I release V 1.7?
I need at least one more for two full "menus". Every menu contains 5 colors, and I have one with 5 and one with 4. So I should have at least 1+5n colors.

Why don't you all PM me your color preferences and I'll work on it the next few days so the next version will have many colors. Include the RGB value to make it easier for me though.

Current colors are as follows:

Colormenu 1
black = 0, 0, 0
white = 255, 255, 255
red = 255, 0, 0
green = 0, 255, 0
blue = 0, 0, 255
yellow = 203,210,42

Colormenu 2
orange = 219,129,42
purple = 188,52,186
pink = 254,148,171
brown = 99,59,27

-------------------------

I have encountered one thing that might be a bug though. I don't know if it is connected to my changes, if it is something I do wrong or if it always has been there. But when I shut my player off while the app was running my computer didn't recognize the device. I had to re-start it and shut off again first.

Last edited by Habhome; 02-15-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:18 PM

Maybe you could have like six or eight default colors, and then a ... button to open a window with a bunch more? Like sixteen or really however many you could fit. Also, larger brush sizes would be nice (specifically with the eraser).

Old 02-15-2010, 10:26 PM

Would a 'color wheel' be too hard to code?

Cheers,
Your friendly neighborhood
Dark Lord

Old 02-15-2010, 10:31 PM

I have a suggestion on how the new paint app can look like. Instead of displaying all the choices of colours, shapes n line of thickness etc. U can jus show wat u r currently using. So, if u r using blue, the thickest line option n creating a line, it shall look smth like this:

to change the colour choice u will need to click on the colour icon n it will look like this:

U could then pick the colours u wan by clicking on them or cancel by clickin back on the colour icon. U can even put a scrollber for "unlimited" number of colour choices. Similarly if u wana draw shapes or make lines etc, Click on the shapes/ line icon n it will look smth like this:

In tat way, u r able to save a lot of space. Hope u will take this idea (It doesnt hav to look exactly like this, its jus meant for u to get the idea) THX

Old 02-15-2010, 10:49 PM

Quote:
have you found a way to save or are you just putting more options on the main screen?

after i find a good way to save i was planing to add rgb sliders and and more tools on a drop down box so that only a small part of the screen is taken up by the icons (if more people would like some kind of color wheel instead then i think i can do that). but for now i'm hoping there is a save type function in the next firmware update, if not then i think i have a way to save but it somewhat limiting.

Old 02-16-2010, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilmaviel View Post
have you found a way to save or are you just putting more options on the main screen?

after i find a good way to save i was planing to add rgb sliders and and more tools on a drop down box so that only a small part of the screen is taken up by the icons (if more people would like some kind of color wheel instead then i think i can do that). but for now i'm hoping there is a save type function in the next firmware update, if not then i think i have a way to save but it somewhat limiting.
I added the choice to change which colors are being shown in the left-side color palette. This is what it looks like right now:

Old 02-16-2010, 05:09 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
I added the choice to change which colors are being shown in the left-side color palette. This is what it looks like right now:

Looks wicked!! Can't wait..

Old 02-16-2010, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
Looks wicked!! Can't wait..
Glad you like it. I just need some more color suggestions before I release it. Feel free to suggest some. I think I should take this opportunity to add a few more.

And I still have to try and figure out that bug that sometimes forces you to press home twice before the app exit even though the screen is cleared.
But it might not be so bad. It just flickers with the screen a bit switching images and so, then perhaps fail to exit. You just need to press it again, it flickers and then exit. It doesn't even happen every time so I'm not sure what causes it completely.