android
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2010, 05:49 PM

Default Newbie question : how to install P3 Firmware

I can see you guys are very knowledgeable but my questions are very basic. How do I install a firmware upgrade (v 2.18 or v 2.20?) when I run Vista.

(1)

The Samsung website shows how to install firmware upgades when running XP and it simply says "...cut and paste the extracted files to the path: My Computer\yp-**\internal storage..."

However in Vista this path does not exist. Instead I see P3\internal storage but Vista will not let me paste the firmware upgrade file "Ypp3.bin" to this location. I can paste it into "system" but this does not seem to result in the firmware being updated, so I guess it is the wrong location.

(2)

Tthe YP-P3 is allegedly able to handle WMV format video files and, indeed, the unit comes with a sample WMV video of excellent quality "sheep in the island".

However my YP-P3 does not, apart from the sheep in the island file, seem to be WMV compatible.

For example, if I put a WMV video dircetly into the unit, (cut& paste via Windows explorer) I get a message Not a recognised fomat. Alternativeley if I try to use Emodio to load a WMV video onto the YP-P3 it automatically converts the WMV video to a low-res svi format. Am I missing something ?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]