android
Old 02-02-2010, 08:15 PM

Default Battery of P3

I have just installed the latest firmware of P3. Does it contain all the advantages of all the previous version or just a few ones ? Does anyone know this ? I'm wondering that my P3 battery is not as good as the v1.28 before.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 AM

Umm....are you sure it's the firmware that's affecting the battery life xD I mean, battery life naturally decreases over time but hmm maybe it's because of your settings?

Old 02-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Banned

Some people prefer 2.18 to 2.20 - it's maybe less buggy.

I prefer 2.07 for on-screen volume.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashiiya View Post
Umm....are you sure it's the firmware that's affecting the battery life xD I mean, battery life naturally decreases over time but hmm maybe it's because of your settings?
Thanks. How long do you charge your battery in using normally ?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanhluan2612 View Post
I have just installed the latest firmware of P3. Does it contain all the advantages of all the previous version or just a few ones ? Does anyone know this ? I'm wondering that my P3 battery is not as good as the v1.28 before.

Thanks in advance
How much difference are you seeing? What run times are you noticing before and after the upgrade?

Old 02-06-2010, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
How much difference are you seeing? What run times are you noticing before and after the upgrade?
In using normally, I noticed that using P3 with the firmware v1.28 took 3 days to be out of battery. On the contrast, P3 using with the firmware v2.2 only took one day. Does the v2.2 firmware spend more electric to display on the screen and speed ?

Old 02-07-2010, 02:41 AM

It might use more processing power to run the custom flash based UCI's and the flash based widgets....

I don't think it should be that much of a difference though.... A day sounds like a lot of screen use and bluetooth use.

I get 3 to 5 days of use with wired headphones and keeping the screen locked off most of the time.

As for charging, typically about 3 hours to charge. Never charge over 12 hours the manual says. Guess it weakens the battery due to excess heat and overcharge. *shrug*

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 AM

I get about the same play time as TomCat39 has. As far as charging, someone in the batter industry once told me that excessively charging a lithium ion battery really shortens the life of the battery. As they explained it they said that the battery has only so many charge cycles and after that the chemistry starts changing so it can't take the charges as well. I don't know the chemistry or physic behind it but since I talked to him I've been very aware of charging so after a couple of hours I unplug anything that is charged. I think it has helped. I have a toshiba GB that still plays 14 hours straight w/no problem after 5 years of heavy use.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by envirodat View Post
I get about the same play time as TomCat39 has. As far as charging, someone in the batter industry once told me that excessively charging a lithium ion battery really shortens the life of the battery. As they explained it they said that the battery has only so many charge cycles and after that the chemistry starts changing so it can't take the charges as well. I don't know the chemistry or physic behind it but since I talked to him I've been very aware of charging so after a couple of hours I unplug anything that is charged. I think it has helped. I have a toshiba GB that still plays 14 hours straight w/no problem after 5 years of heavy use.
thanks , I will try your methods. Sincerely !

Old 03-03-2010, 12:04 AM

battery life on samsung mp3 players sucks. I've owned two and never gotten the amount of battery life that samsung claimed i should get. That's another problem I have with samsung. They give really high projections for battery life and it's significantly lower than what you should get. Even my Mum's Sansa device gets better life than a samsung. Now that's sad because she paid a whole lot less for her sansa than I had paid for my p2!

Old 03-03-2010, 01:32 AM
Banned

Again, completely untrue.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmp3guy View Post
battery life on samsung mp3 players sucks. I've owned two and never gotten the amount of battery life that samsung claimed i should get. That's another problem I have with samsung. They give really high projections for battery life and it's significantly lower than what you should get.
Well, welcome the real world! I can say the same for my phones, netbook, tablet PC, BT headsets, and just about everything else that uses a Li Ion battery.

Battery life is highly dependent upon use and HP, HTC, Sony, Samsung, Motorola, Toshiba, Acer, or any other company you can think off can not tell you exactly how long your battery will last. They publish a battery life figure based upon a set usage. These values are often optimistic or based upon a unrealistic usage pattern.

This isn't just a Samsung problem, but an industry problem. It is also a "lack of knowledge from the consumer" problem. Usually, manufacturers explain how they derived thier numbers and people don't really think about what it means. Manufacturers don't always try to deceive and put it in plain sight. Instead of reading manuals or giving the published numbers any consideration, they take it at face value. Sometimes you have to be willing to be a fool to be fooled.

Old 03-06-2010, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamnine View Post
Some people prefer 2.18 to 2.20 - it's maybe less buggy.

I prefer 2.07 for on-screen volume.
you could just get an s9 where you can have the newest fw and install an awesome uci

I think what you're noticing is battery life simply degrading over time, because that's how it is. It could also be that installing new fw resets the settings to a higher brightness, volume, etc.