android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Software

Old 02-09-2010, 07:00 PM

Default Advanced EAC Tutorials for Perfect CD Rips

Here are a few guides for people who take CD ripping seriously. These guides cover proper gap detection/handling, test & copy, drive offsets, and other advanced topics. Get EAC here: http://www.exactaudiocopy.de/

Here's the best guide for the current EAC v1.0b3 version:

Here are some older guides for EAC v0.99 and earlier:

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-09-2010, 07:34 PM

Awesome, that's the guide I used when I first got EAC.

I have a document on my computer that explains everything about getting started on EAC, I don't know who published it though so I don't know uploading it is a good idea.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That second link, http://blowfish.be/eac/, is the one that I used when I set mine up. Good resource to have here, to steer the newbz to.

Old 02-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Indeed. Those guides come up all the time in some place or another - I thought it might be useful to stick them. And it's easier than writing it all up myself.

Old 02-09-2010, 08:39 PM

I personally prefer the Hydrogen Audio Guides.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:05 AM

The Hydrogenaudio EAC pages are hard to follow, too disjointed and all over the place. That's why I didn't link them in the first post. It's much easier to follow the Blowfish guide, and it better covers every aspect of (perfect) EAC ripping - while the HA guide also covers many subjects that aren't necessary for perfect rips.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:21 AM

The blowfish site contains a trojan?

Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 AM

I think you might need a more reliable virus scanner and/or firewall.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:55 AM

I have a question for the 1st guide. Is the "Extraction Ripping and .cue creation" - section mandatory, or only for hidden tracks and stuff? My english is not that well i guees, since i'm a bit confused. But EAC and flac is new to me, so i'm kinda lost.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:08 AM

No, that section isn't necessary for normal CDs.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:19 PM

When I rip a cd to flac with the settings used from the links, it normaly takes from 45 to 60 -min before the rip is complete. Is this normal?

Old 10-07-2010, 12:33 PM

Might be your CD/DVD drive is not that good for audio extraction, or your CDs are dirty or scratched. In such cases that time is normal for a 100% perfect rip.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

All of my older CD's took that long....some of the scratched ones took even longer. I haven't had a new CD to rip in a while to compare though.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Ok, well it's probably my CD/DVD drive then. Well, it's kinda annyoing when you have like 200 cd's to rip, but i wan't the best rips possible, so EAC is still the answer i guess

Old 10-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steff8000 View Post
Ok, well it's probably my CD/DVD drive then. Well, it's kinda annyoing when you have like 200 cd's to rip, but i wan't the best rips possible, so EAC is still the answer i guess
I thought I would never finish the task, when I set out to rip my collection....but you're right, better to get the best rip you can.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:52 PM

brand new cds take me about 40 to 50 mins to complete.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:02 PM

I uploaded my configuration file, those settings should be "professional", it's been a year I'm using those, I figured it out at different places.
The russians seem extremely professional :O ! It's rather hidden but once you got through the russian internet wow .
I understand most of the settings except UPC / ISRC codes (wth is that ), overread lead-in and lead-out, and a few others...
The settings are basically the same as dfkt, well, the most important at least.
Actually I believe "Overread lead-in and lead-out" is important but I don't know what it means . It has something to do with the synchronization of end and beginning of tracks something like that :O.

What I do then is : "Detect Gaps" F4, "Test Gaps on Silence" F3, create "non compliant cuesheet" and "Test & Copy Selected Tracks".

And after EAC I create .sfv, put a Folder.jpg etc...
Attached Files
File Type: cfg EACProfile.cfg (16.9 KB, 12 views)

Old 10-26-2010, 08:23 AM

How would on go about using this .cfg file?

thnks

Old 10-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
How would on go about using this .cfg file?

thnks
Oh, sorry : EAC -> Profiles -> Load Profile.
Perhaps you should uncheck "Overread into Lead-in and Lead-out" in Drive Options (F10) -> "Offset / Speed".
I think it's in case you're having troubles synchronizing the beginning and the end of tracks but I'm not sure about this, in the "perfect configuration" dfkt linked it isn't checked.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM

If your drive supports it, you want to have that selected.

If you have a positive offset you want your drive to support overeading in lead-in and if you have a negative offset you want your drive to support overreading into lead-out.