android
Go Back   abi>>forums > Software & Media > Software

Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLipster View Post
How would on go about using this .cfg file?

thnks
You don't. There is no other system in the world but Thib's that can use that .cfg file . If it were possible to just share .cfg files people would do that rather than going through the process of configuring EAC for their system.

The file paths that are created during configuration are unique to your system. The drive it references, the location of the encoders, temp file paths, ALL of it is for your system and no one else's. He needs to take that down before someone damages their system trying it. It will probably just fail but why take the risk? I know it won't do anything helpful.

BTW the LAME version referred to in that .cfg file is way out of date. Version 3.93.1 was issued in 2002. That might account for his low opinion of .mp3.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-27-2010, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
You don't. There is no other system in the world but Thib's that can use that .cfg file . If it were possible to just share .cfg files people would do that rather than going through the process of configuring EAC for their system.

The file paths that are created during configuration are unique to your system. The drive it references, the location of the encoders, temp file paths, ALL of it is for your system and no one else's. He needs to take that down before someone damages their system trying it. It will probably just fail but why take the risk? I know it won't do anything helpful.

BTW the LAME version referred to in that .cfg file is way out of date. Version 3.93.1 was issued in 2002. That might account for his low opinion of .mp3.
What ? I didn't think the .cfg was linked to everything about your system. Concerning Lame I don't know what it's doing here , I've always encoded in 1.2.1b Flac... Do you mean in the drop down menu ? If so, yes it is normal it's an old version lol (it shows indeed my low opinion for mp3 :P). But I have the latest lame version for foobar. If I need to encode to mp3 I'll do it with foobar.
Hmm that's sad you can't share the cfg file, I wanted to do it with another friend ...

Last edited by Thib; 10-27-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM
Administrator

Seems like some of these guides will need to be updated. Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1 has been released.

There seems to be quite a few under the hood tweaks. Enough for the first full release even though it's still called a beta. For the shallow people like me there's one huge addition I've always missed in EAC. It find and embeds album art now. Sweet!

The audio experts will no doubt find reasons to tweak the default settings. I just ran the Configuration Wizard and accepted the default values for FLAC. foobar2000's bit comparator confirmed the same results as usual. The decoded data from the FLAC rips and the disc showed no differences. The AccurateRip results were also confirmed across the board. Good enough for me.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I haven't had a new CD to rip in months, but thanks for the heads up skip!

Old 11-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
. For the shallow people like me there's one huge addition I've always missed in EAC. It find and embeds album art now. Sweet!
Well, I gave it a try (had to borrow a CD, purely for testing purposes, of course) and the art feature is nice......saves me a step I would normally have to make later on...or, as in the case of many of my older rips, simply not bother with.....lol.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 PM

Since I generally tag with more reliable/versatile tools (Tag&Rename, Foobar2000, and MP3Tag combined), that's not really a feature I would use - but I sure have to give the new beta a try.

Old 11-24-2010, 03:43 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Seems like some of these guides will need to be updated. Exact Audio Copy V1.0 beta 1 has been released.

There seems to be quite a few under the hood tweaks. Enough for the first full release even though it's still called a beta. For the shallow people like me there's one huge addition I've always missed in EAC. It find and embeds album art now. Sweet!

The audio experts will no doubt find reasons to tweak the default settings. I just ran the Configuration Wizard and accepted the default values for FLAC. foobar2000's bit comparator confirmed the same results as usual. The decoded data from the FLAC rips and the disc showed no differences. The AccurateRip results were also confirmed across the board. Good enough for me.

Thanks for the heads up, this new version looks great (especially Windows 7 support )! I will definitely have to update my EAC....

I thought this project was dead...so glad to see its still in development !

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Last edited by McDougal; 11-24-2010 at 04:10 PM.

Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM

Development has always been slow, which leads to people thinking it is dead.

Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 PM

how long does it take to rip a track with your settings? with mine it takes over 2 minutes.. A bit long..

Old 02-19-2011, 08:53 AM

I've got EAC up and functioning. Still have a lot of configuration documentation to get through.

Next question, what's the best way to copy\convert the FLAC masters to mp3?

I prefer not to have to add the FLAC directory into my MM or Winamp library. My whole crisis began when iTunes moved and duplicated everything. Ideally, I could open a program, import the FLAC tracks specify output directory and format (mp3) and hit go. I downloaded foobar, but I don't have a convert option on any menu.

Anything that simple and easy?

Old 02-19-2011, 09:04 AM

Foobar would be an excellent option for transcoding. IIRC, you get the choice to install the converter when you install Foobar. Maybe try re-installing it. Convert should be a right-click option in the file list. You also need the codecs - here's the currently recommended LAME MP3 codec: http://www.rarewares.org/mp3-lame-bundle.php

If you are willing to spend some money, dBpoweramp is my tool of choice. It integrates into Windows Explorer right-click menu, and is the easiest, most hassle-free, in my opinion.

Old 02-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Ultra Senior Member

^pretty much everything dfkt said, and although dBpoweramp is a great program, I wouldn't call it necessary, but that's just my opinion.

Retired Devices:

Old 02-19-2011, 09:49 AM

dBpoweramp comes with an excellent CD Ripper as well.

Old 02-19-2011, 12:07 PM

Thanks guys. I'll install the lame, then un\re install Foobar.

Old 04-24-2011, 02:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Surprised these guides haven't been updated yet (at least Blowfish, the one I use).....I'll have to verify that all my settings are correct (haven't ripped a CD in a long time) before I rip that DT album that's coming on its way .

Unfortunately I have to use my older desktop to rip, when I tried my laptop with the external ASUS drive, I kept getting a "This Key Disc is not the same as the Key Disc in the database" or something like that error , oh well. I could still rip, but I couldn't use AccurateRip, which is why I don't use my laptop for that stuff.

Oh dam, that album is going to take a looong time to rip

Retired Devices:

Old 04-24-2011, 02:17 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Surprised these guides haven't been updated yet (at least Blowfish, the one I use).....I'll have to verify that all my settings are correct (haven't ripped a CD in a long time) before I rip that DT album that's coming on its way .

Unfortunately I have to use my older desktop to rip, when I tried my laptop with the external ASUS drive, I kept getting a "This Key Disc is not the same as the Key Disc in the database" or something like that error , oh well. I could still rip, but I couldn't use AccurateRip, which is why I don't use my laptop for that stuff.

Oh dam, that album is going to take a looong time to rip
If you just updated over your old install, then all the settings from the older version should still be in place, shouldn't they?

Old 04-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Maybe....but I haven't opened EAC in a while, and I have run into the unexpected problem before where it does a CRC check instead of AccurateRip, I've got to make sure it doesn't do that.

Basically what I'm trying to accomplish is making a one-time 100% perfect copy, and then I don't have to re-rip it again pretty much forever. Other times I didn't get the settings right, and had to re-rip them, very annoying, as you can imagine

Retired Devices:

Old 04-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Discovered that there were only a couple of settings I had to fix....so glad I don't have to re-configure it all !

Retired Devices:

Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Ok, these tutorials really need to be updated. EAC v1.0 beta 2 is out now. Major interface changes, etc. Look here for more info.

I'm not upgrading until the tutorials are updated.

Retired Devices:

Old 06-08-2011, 08:31 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
Ok, these tutorials really need to be updated. EAC v1.0 beta 2 is out now. Major interface changes, etc. Look here for more info.

I'm not upgrading until the tutorials are updated.
You could upgrade and do the tutorial updating yourself!