android
Old 02-19-2010, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLoke View Post
@Brett: I will post the sample code when i get home

for the auto caplock suggestion, may not be a good idea to go back to small cap if user wants big caps all the way

instead i suggest for the first character immediately after the fullstop, the program will auto write big caps then following characters will be back to small letter
I meant that he should have a shift button in addition to the all caps button. And the auto caps after full stop could be another "option" feature.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-19-2010, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Found one problem immediately. You exit the app and let it save your text, then when you open it up again it reloads the text without spaces.

I love they keyboard design, it's cool. But perhaps there is an easier way to allow caps? Or at least a shift button making one char capital and then goes back automatically.
Thanks for that, I forgot to let it write spaces when loading.. fixed it and uploaded v2.1.
Shift is a good idea, but where to place it?
Quote:
And for the options menu you might need a separate image instead of stretching the small one you use for the buttons, it gets slightly pixelated in the shadowing.
Haha yes I stretched that image for the menu.. is it that obvious? I'll think of something else.. it's a bit hard because these images have a very nice transparancy, I couldn't edit them while leaving that intact..

Quote:
instead i suggest for the first character immediately after the fullstop, the program will auto write big caps then following characters will be back to small letter
That's an awesome idea, I'll see if I can get that to work..

edit: Auto capslock after a fullstop is now working Thanks for the suggestion! Makes typing a lot easier

Also, now it switches back to normal keys after a full stop. I thought that was handy.

Last edited by Brett_val; 02-19-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_val View Post
Shift is a good idea, but where to place it?
I'm not sure.. There is a slim area left of the "q", but that is most likely too slim to hit accurately. You can experiment with it there anyway. Otherwise.. I'm not really sure.

Quote:
Haha yes I stretched that image for the menu.. is it that obvious? I'll think of something else.. it's a bit hard because these images have a very nice transparancy, I couldn't edit them while leaving that intact..
Send the original file over to me and specifications of the dimensions and I'll see what I can do about it =P

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 AM

Nice update , but maybe you should reimplement the press and hold ability of the backspace button.

@habhome, nice icon btw.

Last edited by Idroy; 02-19-2010 at 10:13 AM.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idroy View Post
Nice update , but maybe you should reimplement the press and hold ability of the backspace button.

@habhome, nice icon btw.
Thanks. And I agree, add that feature again, it is very useful. Didn't even notice it was missing

Old 02-19-2010, 11:18 AM

for the pics put all of them into a folder, example res. then call the folder to access the pics in MAIN.LUA code. it makes the folder 'cleaner' to view

-- load image
img_menubg = image.load("res/background.png")
img_keyboard = image.load("res/keyboard.png")

for example

1) limit the left side of the scrolling even when left-right scrolling is on? because no text will be shown on the left if the screen is dragged to the right, same goes for the top when the screen is dragged down. u can scroll the screen only down and to the right. screen shall be locked at pixel 0,0. in all only an extra option to scroll to the right =)

2) after all punctuations like , . ? !, leave spacing for the next character. example,

"Hello there.How are you?Im fine,thank you." - current problem

""Hello there. How are you? Im fine, thank you." - after changes

3) the punctuations ! . ? will make the following characters in big caps

4) after typing a long text and saving the file, the cursor is offset when the file is opened again.

5) check the touch position for x coordinate for the letter "p", and system icon. "p" is 1/3 way into "o" and system icon is 1/2 way into "p". same goes for enter, delete and cursor direction icon

very nice app there ... kudos to u Brett ... i spent so much time learning and analysing the code but my version is not even 25% complete lol.

i shall be ur application tester then haha

Last edited by JJLoke; 02-19-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Old 02-20-2010, 10:21 AM

hi Brett, how do u make the entire row of characters scroll at the same time ?

i happen to make the next character to the new scroll position, but not the previous characters

Last edited by JJLoke; 02-21-2010 at 02:36 AM.

Old 02-22-2010, 09:03 PM

Quote:
for the pics put all of them into a folder, example res. then call the folder to access the pics in MAIN.LUA code. it makes the folder 'cleaner' to
alright I did that

Quote:
1) limit the left side of the scrolling even when left-right scrolling is on?
Yeah that's a good one, added that.

Quote:
2) after all punctuations like , . ? !, leave spacing for the next character.
Hmm I'm not sure about this one. Could be optional, but there are situations where you want to type right after the dot or comma (with numbers or repeating dots.. but if people really want it I will add it)

Quote:
3) the punctuations ! . ? will make the following characters in big caps
Added that too

Quote:
4) after typing a long text and saving the file, the cursor is offset when the file is opened again.
Are you sure? The cursor should be right after the character you last typed.. if it was an enter, the cursor is one line below the text after loading.

Quote:
5) check the touch position for x coordinate for the letter "p", and system icon. "p" is 1/3 way into "o" and system icon is 1/2 way into "p". same goes for enter, delete and cursor direction icon
Okay, I feel a bit stupid...
I noticed that the touch position on my Zen was a bit off, so I made a test program and I adjusted every x and y to that ...
I was going to ask if it was fine for others now, but you already answered that . I remembered that I calibrated my touchscreen once without paying much attention, and well.. I calibrated it wrong. So instead of re-calibrating it I went and changed all the x,y in the code
But that's fixed now

Quote:
very nice app there ... kudos to u Brett ... i spent so much time learning and analysing the code but my version is not even 25% complete lol.
Well thanks for that But I'm not a programmer. My code is very simple, but therefor long and weird.

Quote:
hi Brett, how do u make the entire row of characters scroll at the same time ?
Well, the same way you used to make a character scroll, use that to scroll a string. But, you have to make a string out of your characters first.

At Habhome: I'm not sure how I want the picture to be, I'll think about it and send you something later

Old 02-23-2010, 01:59 AM

Okay, looks promising ^^
Btw, I says in the first post there is a new version, but neither version is attached to the first post, only the screenshot.

Old 02-23-2010, 05:54 AM

ummm.....wheres the link for v2.4?

Old 02-23-2010, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzbm123 View Post
ummm.....wheres the link for v2.4?
Sorry about that. I have a tendancy to do some finishing touches right before I upload, but those "touches" caused some problems, so I took it down.
Good thing is I added some more, like the shift button. Just temporary to see if it works well.

A little explanation about loading files:

Files that you have saved with this app are displayed in the load-list. To load a file that is not on the list, but is on the player,
click "new" and type in the exact filename. (also works for files from another application. For example, type: ../boink/main.lua)

Note: If the filename you typed in doesn't exist, you will be brought back to the menu screen.

If the file has loaded successfully, you can add this file to the loadlist: Click menu -> save current file, LEAVE the filename in the box (despite the message, that is for when it's already in the loadlist) and hit Enter. It now appears in the loadlist, so that you don't have to enter the filename everytime you want to edit that file.

But, it seems to give an error when it tries to load a very large file. I'm not sure why that is.... it works fine with the main.lua from boink though.
Also, I know that there should be an option to delete files from the load-list, I'll be working on that.

From what I have tried the save and load options are working pretty well, but if there are any issues I'd like to hear them.

Last edited by Brett_val; 02-23-2010 at 04:01 PM.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Sorry about that. I have a tendancy to do some finishing touches right before I upload, but those "touches" caused some problems, so I took it down.
Good thing is I added some more, like the shift button. Just temporary to see if it works well.

A little explanation about loading files:

Files that you have saved with this app are displayed in the load-list. To load a file that is not on the list, but is on the player,
click "new" and type in the exact filename. (also works for files from another application. For example, type: ../boink/main.lua)

Note: If the filename you typed in doesn't exist, you will be brought back to the menu screen.

If the file has loaded successfully, you can add this file to the loadlist: Click menu -> save current file, LEAVE the filename in the box (despite the message, that is for when it's already in the loadlist) and hit Enter. It now appears in the loadlist, so that you don't have to enter the filename everytime you want to edit that file.

But, it seems to give an error when it tries to load a very large file. I'm not sure why that is.... it works fine with the main.lua from boink though.
Also, I know that there should be an option to delete files from the load-list, I'll be working on that.

From what I have tried the save and load options are working pretty well, but if there are any issues I'd like to hear them.
Ah, I see. I've done the same myself with apps. I'll just do this before I'm done, *Crash*. Ops, didn't go as I thought...

Trying this one now, it really looks promising! I think it's the best note app this far Keep it up so Notee-fi won't bite you in the ass and pass you though xD

Old 02-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Bug list:
1. When changing button color the enter button does not change color
2. Back button in Options and Meny do not change either, stays semi-transparent.
3. Saved file, wrote in name and pressed enter, the app crashed. (Kept my preferences though, nice!)

Suggestions:
1. Implement a function for tapping where you want the cursor in the text.
2. if that function is added you can make the cursor keys optional.

Impression:
Just pure WIN! Definitely the best utility-app this far! Some minor bugs to sort out, but awesome job! I hope this can inspire other people to make awesome apps.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:54 PM

if i try to save file as then i get ERROR but the auto save works as it did before.

The app is looking really nice though =)

Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

This app looks really nice and professional! It's fantastic! I can't figure out where the apostrophe is though...

Old 02-24-2010, 02:04 AM

Nice app.
He is very handy.
THANKS!

Maybe you can create a function that you can delete the saved file.
And perhaps a function that you can the scroll list of saved files.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:14 AM

Maybe you can also insert characters like this:

Old 02-24-2010, 05:15 AM

unicode support !!! haha. no more competition from me Brett. i scraped my Epad idea. working on another app

Old 02-24-2010, 09:52 AM

Did some more testing.
The load function works perfectly fine from what I can gather, saving crashes the app, as I said before.
One thing I noticed is that while typing in file names the keyboard behaves differently. The shift button works as caps lock, and the num keyboard doesn't retract automatically as it does during normal writing.

Another suggestion.
Is it possible to allow the app to wrap text from a file it has loaded? I prefer left-right scrolling off but loaded texts generally go outside the boundaries of the screen. Also of course make it so it wraps the entire word down to the next line, instead of cutting it up.

The next advanced thing to do might be to allow (as in Word and similar) to let the user chose if the right margin should be straight or if it can be "ragged". This would of course be hard when painting out he text, to separate the words more and such. But it'd be a nice addition once the basics are all down.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:54 AM

Wow... Pretty sweet . You only need to fix the save error, and maybe the cursor buttons,(first time I saw them I didn't know what they do) make them arrow-shaped or something.

Tags
application, notepad, x-fi 2