android
Old 02-12-2010, 06:36 PM

The i9 can drive the RE0 just fine, it's a bit more powerful than the Clip. Actually, the RE0's 64 Ohm impedance is a very good match for the i9's amp - lower impedances might give more issues (as well as higher ones).

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-12-2010, 06:51 PM

lol
couldn't get a better answer than that. Thank u
I guess the only issue now would be finding a store with a good international shipping policy - brazilian here

Old 02-12-2010, 06:53 PM

Ouch... I know about your insane import taxes. Boa sorte.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:04 PM

Hauhauhua
They're insane, but sloppy. Most of them has a 'sampling-and-go' modus operandi
Btw the 'good luck' thing was a nice touch
----

edit: is it possible to use the volume up/down buttons to fastforward or advance to the next track?

Last edited by marioho; 02-13-2010 at 02:28 AM. Reason: another doubt

Old 02-13-2010, 03:27 AM

I was loving my i9 until I accidently put the little fella through the washing machine. It's so light I forgot I had it in my pocket...

For its size I thought the battery life was good, I found the interface easy to use, the EQ and SQ is great and it drove my Kilpsch X10 earphones without any problem. If music is your priority then you won't be disappointed.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioho View Post
is it possible to use the volume up/down buttons to fastforward or advance to the next track?
Yes, and you can configure the menu button to act as play/pause too.

Old 02-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Grrrrr, all I want is a small form factor w/32gb, or preferably 64gb - and this would be perfect!!!! Especially w/the Cowon SQ.

You hear me Cowon - MAKE THE i9 32GB!!!!!!!!! And 64GB Would be PERFECTION!!!

Ok, rant over, and apologies to all.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:22 PM

Hopefully this player gains popularity, seeing as how UCI development is pretty underwhelming right now.

We need them creative minds over at the S9 forums....

Old 02-18-2010, 12:41 PM

*Double Post*

Man, dfkt wasn't kidding on how nice this player looks. It's an absolute gem once you hold it in your hands and get a closeup. The menu is smooth as butter to navigate, as well as the touch response. The thing that worried me was scrolling down to your artists/songs, and I can easily say that scrolling is fast and intuitive.

Couple things to make this perfect would be, a long battery life, bigger screen (OLED?), and moving the play button somewhere else. It's a bit of a stretch for me to hold it with my right hand and pressing the play button on the bottom right corner. Maybe integrate it with the swipe pad?

Pipedreams I guess.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:50 AM

Lightbulb

hey there! i'm new around here and just learning the ropes.

i'm considering purchasing an i9 and i was wondering what the real-world-use battery life is like?

also, can anyone recommend a good headphone pairing for this player? i'm not an audiophile, but i am looking for a new audio experience. for an idea of where i'm coming from, i've only ever had ipod nanos and sony earbuds from best buy. so i'm looking for something that may open up a new world for me.

traditional headphones that cover my ears won't work for me as i listen to my player at work and need to be able to hear ambient noise and maintain a professional appearance. i'm not looking to break the bank, so ideally between $50-$80 will do, with an emphasis on justifiable quality-to-cash ratio.

thanks so much for any help and input you can give!

Old 02-19-2010, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
traditional headphones that cover my ears won't work for me as i listen to my player at work and need to be able to hear ambient noise and maintain a professional appearance.
In that case, I don't think you'll gain much on SQ.
Let me explain why:

There are only three ways to really enjoy the soundquality to the fullest:
1 - Quality speakers
2 - In-Ear earbuds
or last but not least:
3 - Quality traditional headphones.

Speakers obviously won't be appreciated by your colleagues and in-ear earbuds prevent you from hearing the ambient noise.
Same goes with traditional headphones.

With regular earbuds you simply bottleneck the SQ by a lot, so I doubt if you'll hear much of a difference while using those.

The only thing you can do is using in-ear earbuds, and changing the balance all the way to one side. Then you can use just 1 earbud, enjoy excellent SQ and still hear everything around you.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:14 AM

ah, i see. thanks! all right then, let's go with in-ear earbuds, aka IEMs, is that correct (i'm trying to familiarize myself with the terminology)?

*edit* right now i'm looking between the RE0 and the Hippo VB.

Last edited by Nicodemus; 02-19-2010 at 01:32 PM.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:09 PM

I have a few questions regarding the i9.

1. How do I enable gapless playback?
2. Is it safe to delete the PodcastReady folder from the player?
3. Does the player have any way to check some additional information about a song (like bitrate)?
4. Can I use a wallpaper in the basic menu mode (looks like I can't)?
5. Is it possible to disable the clock thingy when switching to the "different" menu mode?

( Cowon S9 16Gb + Fiio E7 + Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro ) = PURE ENJOYMENT

Last edited by JouHou; 03-24-2010 at 02:18 PM.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:01 PM

1. How do I enable gapless playback? AFAIK there’s nothing to turn on, just use a good mp3 encoder to rip, like lame.

2. Is it safe to delete the PodcastReady folder from the player? Yes, but it will come back with FW upgrades or if it rebuilds the db

3. Does the player have any way to check some additional information about a song (like bitrate)? AFAIK it doesn't, but you can read the manual here

4. Can I use a wallpaper in the basic menu mode (looks like I can't)? I have it, but mine’s running dfkt’s theme

5. Is it possible to disable the clock thingy when switching to the "different" menu mode? Not sure, but I think so, check manual

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 03-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
1. How do I enable gapless playback? AFAIK there’s nothing to turn on, just use a good mp3 encoder to rip, like lame.

2. Is it safe to delete the PodcastReady folder from the player? Yes, but it will come back with FW upgrades or if it rebuilds the db

3. Does the player have any way to check some additional information about a song (like bitrate)? AFAIK it doesn't, but you can read the manual here

4. Can I use a wallpaper in the basic menu mode (looks like I can't)? I have it, but mine’s running dfkt’s theme

5. Is it possible to disable the clock thingy when switching to the "different" menu mode? Not sure, but I think so, check manual
Thanks for the answer. I've read the manual, but I since it tells nothing about gapless for instance, I figured out that maybe it leaves something else out too.

Does the gapless work with FLAC? I ripped some CD's with Mediamonkey, but the gapless playback seems not to be working.

And is the dfkt theme safe to use? No bugs or anything? I could try it.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JouHou View Post
… Does the gapless work with FLAC? …
I haven’t tried.

Quote:
I ripped some CD's with Mediamonkey, but the gapless playback seems not to be working.
Try a better encoder, like EAC, look here.

Quote:
And is the dfkt theme safe to use? No bugs or anything? I could try it.
Yes, safe to use. I heard some saying there’s a few minor bugs, but they don’t bother me and you can find it here.

Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 AM

i know this is something not worth trying, but has anyone accidentally dropped his or her i9, or any cowon player, a few meters above the ground and yet, the DAP has played smoothlessly, just like the day it was brand new?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned

Not yet - it seems a fairly robust player, though.

Just don't use it as a hockey puck.

Old 03-26-2010, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by filousophe View Post
i know this is something not worth trying, but has anyone accidentally dropped his or her i9, or any cowon player, a few meters above the ground and yet, the DAP has played smoothlessly, just like the day it was brand new?
How ironic. I dropped my i9 yesterday from about half a meter and the screen went black immediately. The music plays, though. I took the whole thing apart and all screen connectors were fine, so I think the screen is simply dead.

Is it possible to get replacement screens for i9? Damn, I won't send it to be repaired, it would probably cost as much as buying a new player.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:01 AM

Quote:
... Is it possible to get replacement screens for i9? Damn, I won't send it to be repaired, it would probably cost as much as buying a new player.
I doubt it's possible to find a replacement unless cowon service dept would be willing to sell you a screen (which I doubt) as the player is still new to market. I looked around and could not find a part number or supplier. You might have to wait a bit until more get bricked or damaged to show up on ebay. Here are internal pictures, unfortunately they didn't show the screen although I believe it’s a TFT 2” screen that displays QVGA resolution. http://www.playerbites.com/cowon-iau...-surgery-1018/