android
Old 03-29-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
I doubt it's possible to find a replacement unless cowon service dept would be willing to sell you a screen (which I doubt) as the player is still new to market. I looked around and could not find a part number or supplier. You might have to wait a bit until more get bricked or damaged to show up on ebay. Here are internal pictures, unfortunately they didn't show the screen although I believe it’s a TFT 2” screen that displays QVGA resolution. http://www.playerbites.com/cowon-iau...-surgery-1018/
Yepp. I sent a question to advancedmp3player.co.uk and this is what they told me: "Thank you for your message, we would estimate the parts would arrive towards the end of April. We will contact you as soon as we receive replacement screens and will then be able to confirm the cost of a repair."

( Cowon S9 16Gb + Fiio E7 + Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro ) = PURE ENJOYMENT

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-03-2010, 06:21 PM

just wondering if you guys have any album art stretching problems?If the album art has a square resolution, i9 would stretch it and fit the screen perfectly making it look awful. My album art also seems to be a bit pixelated. anybody have this 2 problem?

Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhhHoNG View Post
just wondering if you guys have any album art stretching problems?If the album art has a square resolution, i9 would stretch it and fit the screen perfectly making it look awful. My album art also seems to be a bit pixelated. anybody have this 2 problem?
Have you tried to resize the album art?

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-03-2010, 07:45 PM

my album art are perfect in its size, just that if it isnt squarish, i9 would make it square. which means stretching it.Seems like the i9 couldnt keep the album art in its correct aspect ratio

Old 04-03-2010, 07:56 PM

I really don't feel I have a problem with AA, but I honestly spend more time listening than looking at AA.

Old 04-07-2010, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
ah, i see. thanks! all right then, let's go with in-ear earbuds, aka IEMs, is that correct (i'm trying to familiarize myself with the terminology)?

*edit* right now i'm looking between the RE0 and the Hippo VB.

Im new here just like you I currently use the Sandisk Clip++ which is anther ugly little Great Player. I use the Westone UM1 they are wonderful, nice spongy cups and the wires feel like SpiderWire (If your a fisherman) very strong. I really like how the wire hang over your ear it very non standard. I can tell you that your earbuds will make a big change and it is also very personal. For example I love my buds but my young son perfers his $20 skull candy due to the bass response.
The ear bud search will last awhile at least it did for me as I when through the Big Name and then several others. Good luck

Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cPT.cAPSLOCK View Post
dfkt: You mention the interface works well, but I have a question:
How does it do navigating trough long lists?
In the video review he did go up/down a little, but he didn't go trough a +- 200entry list from top to bottom.

Could someone maybe upload a youtube video, just going from top to bottom in a long list?
That'd be great.
I am also interested in this question. If I have to swipe the touchpad 50 times to get to the bottom of a list of 500, that would be a deal breaker for me. I would instead get a Sony S series, where I can use the left and right controls to jump to different letters in the alphabet. Can anyone provide any feedback, even if there is not a youtube video?

Old 04-09-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul W View Post
I am also interested in this question. If I have to swipe the touchpad 50 times to get to the bottom of a list of 500, that would be a deal breaker for me. I would instead get a Sony S series, where I can use the left and right controls to jump to different letters in the alphabet. Can anyone provide any feedback, even if there is not a youtube video?
Unfortunately you will have to do a lot of swiping. At least I haven't found any shortcuts and as a previous owner of a Sony NWZ-S615F I can say Sony is much more comfortable at this sector.

( Cowon S9 16Gb + Fiio E7 + Beyerdynamic DT-880 Pro ) = PURE ENJOYMENT

Old 04-10-2010, 08:48 AM

Default i audio 9

stupid question ... can you plug the unit into external speakers??? .... as told something that there is no line-in....

Old 04-10-2010, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeyp03 View Post
stupid question ... can you plug the unit into external speakers??? .... as told something that there is no line-in....
Yes, headphone out to powered speakers or to an amp/receiver connected to speakers.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Banned

I got rid of my i9 today. While it had excellent SQ I got fed up with the plastic build, the on/off/hold switch and the whole gimmicky interface and stupid menus.

Nothing beats my X.

Last edited by Dreamnine; 04-21-2010 at 06:20 AM.

Old 05-21-2010, 09:27 AM

S9 owner thinking about getting a i9 but I have one question before committing. On the i9 is it possible to load up and listen to 3 different albums by 3 different artists back-to-back-to-back? I believe some people call this en-queuing? On the Creative players my wife has, you can do this by selecting an album folder and saying "add to current" or something like that.

So is it possible to do this on the i9? Is there a custom "Now Playing" list or can you add different album folders from different artists to the Favorites list? Hope that makes sense and thanks for the info.

Old 05-21-2010, 06:28 PM

Double A, there is an on the go play list that you can add songs to or you can make a playlist on pc to put on your player. I don’t use either as I listen to whole albums one at a time or occasionally use shuffle.

Old 05-26-2010, 10:28 AM

Just wondering, what's the price of an i9 in the states at the moment? Bought mine in the Netherlands for 89 euros/115 dollars.

Thanks

Old 05-26-2010, 10:37 AM

8GB around $118 and 16GB around $150.

Old 01-26-2011, 02:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Yes, and you can configure the menu button to act as play/pause too.
This is brilliant and just sold me on the player. Tactile buttons are extremely important to me because I always wander with my DAP in my pocket and I aboslutely hate taking it out if I dont need to, a bit of a pet peeve i suppose. As a current sony user and lover, I feel like the shift from sonys excellent UI to the swing touch might be painful, but I'm sure my ears will appreciate it.

If I were to map the buttons this way does the "swing touch" interface replace them?

GREAT THREAD!