android
Old 02-22-2010, 03:08 AM

I do agree that browser choice is good. However tell that to the goons who are wasting taxpayers money suing MS to get IE off their desktop OSes instead of waking up that since it's a free browser anyways they are NOT loosing money (and people will choose on thier own), so why bother wasting money to pursue the most retarded of cases? All it does is make a 200 dollar OS more not worth the price and hurt the consumer in the long run.

it's as retarded as realnetworks suing over wmp becuase relanetworks knew thier product was crap on a stick. they got jealous of MS for wmp "market share" and just sued them instead of making a superior product. and you had to PAY for things that were FREE in wmp. Realnetworks were retarded that caused thier downfall. let alone thier streaming protocols sucked and network admin's worst nitemare (I was a server/network op and I hated messing with realnetwork's crappy networking stuff, I only had two clients request it vs the vast amounts of flash or wmedia streaming stack)

so this lesson to MS-> do not lock down the phone to only have IE, let it go like windows or we shall have more retarded cases. (pinches nose)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-22-2010, 06:29 AM

Honestly, I doubt this is gonna make a big impact on the mobile market - reminds me of when the Zune HD was released: big talks, high hopes and then nothing. WP may look great, but a fancy UI is not enough in today's overcrowded smartphone market.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:27 AM

Shame we'll have to wait to Q4 2010. I'm upgrading my phone this summer.

I'm really excited about the gaming features, being able to access your XBL account and continue playing the same game is truthfully epic.

Gaming is pretty much all what I use my iPhone for, in addition to texting, browsing, phone calls and learning Japanese -but all in a limited degree-. I'm not a social person, I care more about gaming

Unlike Apple Microsoft has game studios and more experience in the gaming world, so as a gaming device WP7S can take off and demolish the iPhone. WP7S could be the XBox portable I always wanted

Old 03-16-2010, 04:04 AM

Angry

Seems like microsoft is going a few steps backward if they remove multitasking from Windows Phone.

The only real reasoning for this is that most people do not know how to close programs correctly or use task manager to close them.

For example, my sister has a HTC Touch Pro running Windows Mobile 6.5 and she's always complaining about how slow her phone is sometimes. She hands me the phone, I start Task Manager and see she has a pdf reader, 2 games, and internet explorer running in the background! This is not uncommom amongst my non-tech-savvy friends, including those with jailbroken ipods.
I see why microsoft (and apple) would want to limit multitasking in fear of bad reviews from many people, i.e. "OMG!!!1111 I tried the new windows phone at verizn and it was so slow!!!! My iPhone is much better than that POS!"

The only solution to this is to allow multitasking through a option in the setting menu.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:57 AM

Not many people care. To me multitasking is nice to have but not a deal breaker. I'd take a snappy phone over a multitasker any day.

Old 03-16-2010, 12:57 PM

why not take the easy interface of windows 7 and adapt it for the phone? have a taskbar like most people are used to and there won't be any problems!

seriously it could work well. I even have a mock up in my head about how simple it would be.

the current windows phone 7 interface incarnation looks like a dumbphone with social networking , zune, and xbox live features tacked on. are people that dumb that they cannot use windows 7?

Old 03-16-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remixedcat View Post
why not take the easy interface of windows 7 and adapt it for the phone? have a taskbar like most people are used to and there won't be any problems!

seriously it could work well. I even have a mock up in my head about how simple it would be.

the current windows phone 7 interface incarnation looks like a dumbphone with social networking , zune, and xbox live features tacked on. are people that dumb that they cannot use windows 7?
Very bad idea.

Think it through and it'll come to you.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:35 PM

so... what makes you not want a powerful phone?

I want a phone that cna do it all and nicely.

The phone 7 thing looks like its made for people who have never used a phone before:

1)big ugly tiles that you can see from a hundred feet away instead of nice, crisp pretty icons and a nice font. I love the styling of the nokia interface much better. seems more freindly and approachable then a cold tile and some text. this phone's interface comes off as cold, rigid, and corporate, like a facebook page.

2)people will get bored of the interface very quickly and the gimmiack will wear off extremely quickly, like the nintendo wii's boring simplicity.

3)the interface is hiding the phone's true potential. its running nvida tegra 2 platform which can play DX10 games and is the equivalent to my 4 year old computer on a single chip! But this phone's design looks like it's on a pentium 1! it is downgrading the capabilities of the phone and making it look like it cannot do much but do social networking, and browse the web, like my old sony ericsson phone from 4.5 years ago. This phone can possibly play morrowind or oblivion, but you would never know it by the noob interface and bad design.

4)much of the phone's power is being used for fancy tile animations and fancy transitions, but if it cannot multitask, but can flutter the pages around and stuff and the software locks out doing anything actually productive, then it's just a worthless toy like the nintendo wii is, you can make all kinda of frilly motions and stuff at a bland game and the novelty wears off.

This is the dumbing down of people right here. they will listen to pop music from groups who are all style and no substance, they will play gimmacky game consoles like the nintendo wii, and use an iphone, but will never know what real music is, real games are, and what a true tech product is. All they know is glitter and flair.

Old 03-17-2010, 12:18 AM
Ultra Senior Member

The Win7 Series UI reminds me of the LEGOS they made for 3 and under year olds. Big, easy to use, and no way of choking your baby on it ()

Old 03-17-2010, 12:24 AM

what inreface do you like then? linux? I like GNOME with a black compiz theme if I had to choose one. sexay.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:07 AM

I prefer BlackBox myself. But I wouldn't want it on a phone