android
Old 02-15-2010, 06:43 PM

Default Zune Marketplace going International

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/15/m...r-windows-pho/

Quote:
Hear that, globetrotters? Just months after your hopes and dreams were obliterated, we're now hearing that the Zune HD and its associated music / video services are going international, and it could happen by the end of the year. At least that's the word given to Mary Jo Foley from Casey McGee, Microsoft Senior Marketing Manager. In a recent sit-down, Casey noted that the company's Zune music / video service "would be available in all countries where Windows 7 Phones will ship," and while it has yet to make that full list of nations publicly available, we already learned that the new mobile OS has gained support from mobile operators all over Europe. Putting two and two together can be difficult at times, but hopefully we aren't reading too much into this (painfully simple) equation.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-15-2010, 08:20 PM

By the end of the year? Isn't the Zune HD going to be a little obsolete by then?

Old 02-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Ultra Senior Member

This doesn't affect me, but I still think it's a great move. Great choice Microsoft, keep it up!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

The OP misread the article. It's not the Zune HD going international, it's the Zune music/video service, IE, the marketplace. This makes sense, as it's required for Windows Phone 7, and even some new and upcoming Xbox Live functionality.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:49 PM

It makes me nervous when they say "where all countries where windows 7 phones are available"...
Yeah, some European carriers were announced but for a Canadian I see no good news...

Old 02-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Anythingbutiphone Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lip View Post
It makes me nervous when they say "where all countries where windows 7 phones are available"...
Yeah, some European carriers were announced but for a Canadian I see no good news...
It's too soon to get too worried about who will and will not carry it. Windows Phones will be made by all of the usual suspects, to include LG, Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc. You'll get a phone, trust me.

Old 02-20-2010, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medion View Post
It's too soon to get too worried about who will and will not carry it. Windows Phones will be made by all of the usual suspects, to include LG, Samsung, Sony, HTC, etc. You'll get a phone, trust me.
I saw that in the US, apparently WP7 is going to be carried by AT&T. I'll try and find the article again and post.

Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
I saw that in the US, apparently WP7 is going to be carried by AT&T. I'll try and find the article again and post.
Was that exclusively?