android
Old 02-24-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeniwan View Post
What do you think of this level?
I made it myself and it is my first custom level:
it looks good, looks like you get the idea of how the levels are made. the only thing i do more than that is add grass textures and stuff, my next beta will have a little isometric view stuff added so it looks a little more 3d. you can make the background as simple or complex as you like just as long as the code matches. the file "templvlback.lua" has the code to add it to the list of levels, adding levels will be in the tutorial, but it is pretty strait forward.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 02-24-2010, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilmaviel View Post
it looks good, looks like you get the idea of how the levels are made. the only thing i do more than that is add grass textures and stuff, my next beta will have a little isometric view stuff added so it looks a little more 3d. you can make the background as simple or complex as you like just as long as the code matches. the file "templvlback.lua" has the code to add it to the list of levels, adding levels will be in the tutorial, but it is pretty strait forward.
I had "templvlback.lua" already adapted.
How have you made that grass?

Old 02-24-2010, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeniwan View Post
I had "templvlback.lua" already adapted.
How have you made that grass?
all i did was take a grass texture and add it with photoshop, i have been using a few different styles, that's why some of the levels look different (same thing with the checker board pattern). i had the idea to use level packs so that they could be designed with grass, i was thinking of maybe making a lava and rock pack. you can make the background look however you want.

i uploaded a new version (still beta). the details are in the first post. the level packs may need more then the 2MB limit, this one is already up to 1.8, the art takes a lot a space.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:22 PM

I've found a bug in your game: if I don't move the device, the ball still downwards.

Nice change!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:36 PM

it's not a bug, it depends from how is assembled your device

Old 02-24-2010, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les23 View Post
it's not a bug, it depends from how is assembled your device
The old version does well.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:43 PM

Im finding the same problem as Zeniwan. In the first and second versions I could hold the Zen flat and the ball stayed still. In the latest version im finding that I have to tilt the Zen away from me to find the level platform. Is there any way to configure the Zen or the appliction to level it out? Perhaps conbining with the Water Level application somehow? (Sorry, I have no clue about how programming works)

Old 02-24-2010, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_bracken View Post
Is there any way to configure the Zen or the appliction to level it out? Perhaps conbining with the Water Level application somehow? (Sorry, I have no clue about how programming works)
Should be possible to do.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 02-25-2010, 11:59 AM

i updated the first post with a link to the new version (it's a link because its more than 2MB). the details are there. i plan to add a option to make the ball fly up or down at the end of the level too. for now the calibration does not save when you exit the game, it will in the future.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:07 PM

Quote:
i updated the first post with a link to the new version (it's a link because its more than 2MB). the details are there. i plan to add a option to make the ball fly up or down at the end of the level too. for now the calibration does not save when you exit the game, it will in the future.
Why not upload it in two parts like we do with the Zeano app?

Old 02-25-2010, 02:23 PM

i use winrar so it doesn't let me break up zips into parts. are rar parts rather than zip ok? if so i put them on in the first post

Old 02-25-2010, 02:34 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
i use winrar so it doesn't let me break up zips into parts. are rar parts rather than zip ok? if so i put them on in the first post
Simply make two ZIP files that extract to the correct place, there is no need for parts at all

Old 02-25-2010, 03:18 PM

As a variant, it is possible to do the files of game one archive, and to lay out maps somewhere on share sites

Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revol View Post
As a variant, it is possible to do the files of game one archive, and to lay out maps somewhere on share sites
And what use would that do? We want people to be able to download the entire app from this site without having to use middle-hands of any kind apart from this forum.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM

can you put
monkey ball 1.4 BETA.part1.rar
monkey ball 1.4 BETA.part2.rar in folders so i can drag and drop without putting all files where they need to go because i can not do that

thanks

Old 02-25-2010, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
Simply make two ZIP files that extract to the correct place, there is no need for parts at all
i changed it to 2 zips, didn't have time to split it before. one is the game files and the other is the level files, the level folder needs to be extracted into the main game folder. this is how i meant for the game to be so that if some one wants to make their own levels they don't need to change any of the main game files. a better hosting system may be needed if level packs have a lot of levels. 100 levels will be around 20MB so more space for attachments would help.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:38 PM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
100 levels will be around 20MB so more space for attachments would help.
If you need more space simply contact the editor, EnzoTen, he will gladly bump up your file size limit if needs be. He's already done it for me

Old 02-25-2010, 05:23 PM

1.4 beta has alot of issues with crashing, i can really only make it to the second level before it crashes and most times it crashes on the first level.

edit i can get to the last level now...isnt crashing as much and only thing i did was let the player set turned off for a while

Last edited by Tmd; 02-25-2010 at 05:30 PM.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:33 PM

the beta version crashes everytime when i start a new game

Old 03-01-2010, 07:50 PM

i updated the first post with a new version, details are there. tutorials should be on their way pretty soon, and i refined the code for the first few levels so they are a better example.
as for the crashing, i tried formatting my play and reinstalling everything as suggested in another thread. this helped a lot but it still crashes but rarely, just rebooting helps a lot. and even just leaving your play auto shutdown and leaving it set for a while seems to help. all things to try if the game keeps crashing.