android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen X-Fi2

Old 11-04-2010, 05:04 PM

Lightbulb Recovery Mode

Did you know :
You Can goto recovery mode when you pressed power button once and then hold home button for many seconds befor powerd on your player
1 - press power button once
2 - press and hold home button
3 - wait for open recovery consul
4 - now you can cleanup your player or format your player or reboot you player
enjoy !

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiljaeden View Post
Did you know :
You Can goto recovery mode when you pressed power button once and then hold home button for many seconds befor powerd on your player
1 - press power button once
2 - press and hold home button
3 - wait for open recovery consul
4 - now you can cleanup your player or format your player or reboot you player
enjoy !
This can be found here: http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=52875
Not sure if it places in the list since it's suggested in that sticky, but thanks for sharing.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 02-19-2011, 02:56 PM

Today, I discovered an important fact about album art (entirely by accident):

The easiest way of providing a front cover picture is to simply have it in the album folder named "folder.jpg" (I haven't tested any other formats such as png, but it could work similar)

Anyway, it seems that we don't have to embed the pictures to all of our MP3's ID3 tags anymore. And more importantly, this solution works flawlessly even with FLAC.

There is only one restriction: The album image can't exceed 320x320 resolution. If it is too large, it won't show up at all.

Last edited by Nohajc; 02-19-2011 at 03:44 PM.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:25 AM

i've put 400x400 pictures on the player and it worked also. i put them in the tag though.
and yep it's a nice discovery. i use this option on the sd-card because some albumarts do not work in the tags for some reason (thanks to mediamonkey for having this option )

Old 05-06-2011, 04:34 AM

I found out something. It is probably not what Creative wanted it to do, but I think it's usefull. When playing music and you are in the main menu press recorder and the music will stop immediately. It's faster than to go to the player and than pause the music.

Old 06-02-2011, 07:31 AM

Hello,
I hope that i post this message in right place.
I have problem with my ZEN x-fi2 (8G)
So when i put USB charger to my laptop first it not recognize the Zen map dont jump out on my laptop, and also my battery is empty so i can turn it on, but when i conect it with my laptop it switch on but doesnt charges, i can do everything listen to music , to radio... but when i disconnect it from my laptop it shows that i have empty battery.
Do some one knows what kind of problem have my ZEN, or is he just starter to live his own life.
P.S. With charger (USB) everything is allright i have tried with two different USB with both same problem.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:40 AM

Default What duh... sum boo dee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Highway View Post
Hello,
I hope that i post this message in right place.
I have problem with my ZEN x-fi2 (8G)
So when i put USB charger to my laptop first it not recognize the Zen map dont jump out on my laptop, and also my battery is empty so i can turn it on, but when i conect it with my laptop it switch on but doesnt charges, i can do everything listen to music , to radio... but when i disconnect it from my laptop it shows that i have empty battery.
Do some one knows what kind of problem have my ZEN, or is he just starter to live his own life.
P.S. With charger (USB) everything is allright i have tried with two different USB with both same problem.
I was kinda confused when I read your comment, because you wrote that your device didn't have any power left, but you can still turn it on... .
But maybe it's a bug, and I would recommend that you reformat your device, or download the latest firmware for the zen xfi 2. I had a similiar problem, and I fixed it.
Oh, I forgot to ask you, what operativ sytem do you use?

Last edited by jimpanH; 06-02-2011 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Forgot something that was important

Old 06-02-2011, 12:55 PM

sorry i made a mistake. i cant switch it on , when i switch it on it shows me that the battery is empty so it means i must charge it. im using my Zen almost half an a year and all the time i was charging it on my laptop ( windows 7) and everything was going smooth till yesterday. When i conect my Zen with laptop it alives but he is not charging and i can do everything wiht him while he is conected with laptop, when i disconnect it , it turns off. Also i cant find Zen on my laptop anymore when it is conected.

Old 06-03-2011, 03:39 AM

Sounds like you have let the battery drain completely. If you have a wall charger use that, these have more power than the USB sockets from a PC. Creative have generic chargers on the Market but other chargers can be used. However be sure to check the current output of any charger and that recommended for the player as using the wrong one could brick the player! Once the battery is charged the computer should recognize it.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:48 PM

Thanks for advice, i will try to put in PS3 , and i will write my comments

Old 06-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSigh View Post
Sounds like you have let the battery drain completely. If you have a wall charger use that, these have more power than the USB sockets from a PC. Creative have generic chargers on the Market but other chargers can be used. However be sure to check the current output of any charger and that recommended for the player as using the wrong one could brick the player! Once the battery is charged the computer should recognize it.
Here iam again
I used the wall charger and it works it charged my battery full , but there is still one importan problem, if i want to add some music to my Zen looks like it is impossible for me, because the Laptop do not recognize the ZEN and it also starts to charging while its conected with Zen but the Zen folder does not jump out also i was searching for it and i cant find it, it just not recognize it!!
I disconnected Zen and when i connect him again with laptop , it switch on but it does not charge and also dont recognize

Last edited by Mister Highway; 06-14-2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: supplemented

Old 06-14-2011, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Here iam again
I used the wall charger and it works it charged my battery full , but there is still one importan problem, if i want to add some music to my Zen looks like it is impossible for me, because the Laptop do not recognize the ZEN and it also starts to charging while its conected with Zen but the Zen folder does not jump out also i was searching for it and i cant find it, it just not recognize it!!
I disconnected Zen and when i connect him again with laptop , it switch on but it does not charge and also dont recognize
Have you tried using another USB cable? The one you have might have a broken wire making it unable to transfer data.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 06-30-2011, 01:51 PM

ok, i did read the manual, but it is so hard to understand...

Old 07-05-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Here iam again
Just as Habhome said, try to use another USB cable. The cable which I got delivered with my ZEN didn't work either, so now I'm using another cable and it works perfectly.

Old 09-18-2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohajc View Post
Today, I discovered an important fact about album art (entirely by accident):

The easiest way of providing a front cover picture is to simply have it in the album folder named "folder.jpg" (I haven't tested any other formats such as png, but it could work similar)
I've tested with PNG and it didn't work. However, AlbumArt_{xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxx}_Large.jpg worked. I tried without the hexa (?) code, but it didnt work either. I'm quite sure that AlbumArt works cause Ive played the file on Audacious outside of the album folder and no cover showed up - meaning no cover was embed.

Folder.jpg (with capital F) also works.

Old 09-28-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Some of us when we buy technical devices throw the manual in the bin the first thing we do.
"I don't need that! I know technology!"
By doing this we sometimes miss out on some features of the player we otherwise would have loved to use. I thought that this thread could serve as a dictionary of functions a lot of people might not know about the X-Fi2. I will begin with throwing in a recent discovery of mine (see bottom of the post), and you others can post here with your own discoveries.

The list:
1. You can rearrange the menu icons
This discovery was a big help for me. I didn't have any idea that the icons on the home screen could be rearranged until reading this. If Creative had included more detail into the instruction booklet that comes with the player, I highly doubt that a lot of these discoveries would be left unknown. But thanks nonetheless for this information!