android
Go Back   abi>>forums > General Audio > Headphones

Old 03-11-2010, 05:33 PM

Help Recommended Cans/Headphones for Sans Clip plus

Hello everyone,
At the moment I've got a Sansa clip+ with a pair of CX300s. I'm getting a bit tired of IEMs(getting uncomfortable) so could anyone recommend me some headphones? Here are my criteria that I would like to meet (hope I'm not asking too much):
-I listen to Trance or other bassy music but also listen to rock/metal like good ol' ACDC. So I would like something balanced but with a little emphasis on bass.
-Got also a pair of hd201 how would they fair up against more expensive headphones?
-I'm on quite a tight budget maybe around 70$, no more.

I was looking at the HD428 but reviews said that the bass is quite neutral. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thx, Mojito

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Sennheiser PX100 sound like what you're looking for.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:00 PM

+1 for px100. Those are the only headphones I will admit to noticing burn-in on, so don't judge them at first listen. just tbh, I don't own them, but my mom does, and I've listened to them for a while.

Old 03-11-2010, 06:26 PM

Those PX100s look good. Is there any difference between the PX100 and the PX100 II?
On a side note, funny I always thought that the smaller the headphones the less bass you get, guess I'm wrong

Old 03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito_619 View Post
Those PX100s look good. Is there any difference between the PX100 and the PX100 II?
On a side note, funny I always thought that the smaller the headphones the less bass you get, guess I'm wrong
None of us really knows, except the new ones cost a lot more.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:15 PM

Hd228 also fits what your lookng for, its closed and not open like the PX100 and depending on where you are can be under 70$.

Old 03-11-2010, 09:42 PM

Perhaps the HD 485s if you can find them for about $50. Sennheiser doesn't make them any more. They are quite efficient and sound amazing to me, but they def. require some equalizing. FWIR they are supposed to be significantly better than the px100s, but I do not know from personal experience.

Old 03-12-2010, 04:38 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If your in america and can use Amazon.com I'd go with a set of creative aurvana live's. Just because I find closed headphones more usefull then open ones, and the Aurvana live's are a really good deal for their currant 70-80$ price tag. I do have a set of PX100's myself but I cant really comment on how they compare to the aurvana Live's because considering the comments everyone has on their PX100's I can only assume that mine were broken from the get go and are now beyond their 2 year waranty. My Px100's are flat and tinny sounding headphones, while everyone else seems to say they are fairly dark and bassy for their size and type. I dont know, I havn't seen many PX100's arround anymore, just Koss Porta Pro's and Skullcandies.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. Unfortunately I live in France, so things will probs be more expensive. I read a few more reviews about the PX100s and people said they leak a lot of sound, any users can confirm this? I will be around people so maybe open headphones are the best option.
Concerning the PortaPros, I'm really hesitating, people say they sound really good, but I'm a bit iffy on the looks.
Hmm, Skullcandies, heard of them, seen them, but never listen to one of them. What's your say on their products?

Old 03-12-2010, 03:58 PM

If your worried about leaking sound or isolation IEMS are the way to go! But you said no IEMS. . .

My honest recommendation is to spend a bit more money on a $50+ pair of open cans or if you are really worried about isolation/leaking sound, some closed pair. I think there are some new closed Sennheisers IIRC. The Grado SR60i is also fairly popular. (open)

Old 03-13-2010, 02:59 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Skullcandies are not known for very quality sound on their products.

If your considering the PX100's then Sennheiser makes a closed set of headphones that people are comparing alot to the PX100's because they are close in price and portability. I wish I could say more but I havn't had the chance to try them yet. They are sold at iheapdones.co.uk for about 37 + about 6 shipping. Although you can probably find them in some store in France, I can find them here in Finland, but they cost more in store here then they do at iheadphones...

Tags
cans, clip, headphone, sansa