android
Old 03-11-2010, 01:37 PM

Default Touch Screen isnt responding!

Hey guys. Im in a bit of a bind here.
I recently used a screen cleaner on my X-fi and now the touch screen isnt responding. its acting as if its being pressed down on all the time, i cant push any buttons or anything. I can scroll, but pushing buttons is impossible.

If you can recommend anything. Im willing to do it. Last resort would probably have to contact creative or reformat the player in hopes that will cure it.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM

I'm not sure what may be causing this, but I'd begin with just drying off the screen cleaner thoroughly with a dry rag and let it sit a while and then try again. The screen isn't capacitive, so I don't think it should matter if you've gotten leading substance on it, but it's worth a shot.
Then I'd go through the fix list in the order given here: How to fix most problems with your X-Fi2
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-11-2010, 02:11 PM

Thanks Hab, I kinda panicked at first because this is the first time its happened. Its never acted like this before. I almost considered the bowl of rice trick thinking some got inside through the speaker.

I'll keep you guys informed if anything develops, and as always I appreciate your help.

Old 05-24-2012, 06:11 PM

This thread is quite old, but it was shown in google top search result.
I had similar problem and got it working myself. It is probably touch screen connectors not connecting properly. Touch screen is plastic-like material on top of normal screen. Connector is located just below the screen, in around 3/4 of screen width (a bit to right of the bottom center of the player). For me just pressing this point quite hard causes the player to work normally. Maybe i'll try to put a little of conducting grease (copper) beneath it to make it work without holding. But there are 4 connectors and i think they shouldn't conduct to each other, so this could be tricky.
If you have any luck with fixing this some better way please let me know.