android
Old 05-03-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsAccount View Post
This may be because the ZEN cannot play the file, so it skips to the next track.
nope, because if i go back to track 3 (for example) it plays it! so it's not corrupted

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-03-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
When you're playing a track, and go to the different views (i.e. the view with the star rating, then to the list of 'selected tracks') the selected tracks view goes to the top of the list, rather than the place in the list that you're current track is. I'm pretty sure it used to go to the current place in the list.....
Try this out : put a micro SD in your Zen and make a library after that try it out again -> I think this worked for me
Please tell me if it was succesful

LOOK! MY! APPS!

Old 05-07-2010, 09:58 AM

1. Many of my songtitles don't have an interpret, album .... , because I've downloaded them from youtube. Would be nice if I can write them an interpret on the x-fi 2.
2. I can't delete apps on the x-fi 2
3. I can't change the order of photos. Something like in the menu with the icons would be helpful. Especially for presentations this would be nice.
4. Comprese photos to 400*240 pixel
5. As said, creating contacts on x-fi 2

Old 05-09-2010, 11:10 AM

Default Search

I think it would be a great option (not sure if would help on apps, but i think it would) to be able to search for a music... with the playlist saver keyboard for eg. Sometimes i dunno if i have a song, and if that option was up, there you go.

Last edited by Habhome; 05-09-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Moved to correct thread

Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM

I'm missing a search function like the normal ZEN

LOOK! MY! APPS!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:21 AM

Music> Album. Then i scroll down roughly 1/5 of the tracks before my zen switched off. It always shut down at the same location, which is kinda wierd ain't it because im pretty sure its not the music encoding problem..

Same goes for Music> Artist. Scrool all the way down to M then the player starts shutting down.

I really hope Creative is looking at this >_<

Its not a hardware problem right?

EDIT: Using latest firmware

Old 05-11-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxInNOutxX View Post
Music> Album. Then i scroll down roughly 1/5 of the tracks before my zen switched off. It always shut down at the same location, which is kinda wierd ain't it because im pretty sure its not the music encoding problem..

Same goes for Music> Artist. Scrool all the way down to M then the player starts shutting down.

I really hope Creative is looking at this >_<

Its not a hardware problem right?

EDIT: Using latest firmware
Going by the song/artist/album you can scroll down to can you figure out which should be coming onto the screen right when it switches off? I suspect something is up with the file making the player crash when it tries reading the ID3 tag which may be corrupt. Try figuring out which one it crashes at and temporarily remove those close to it (it's hard to find exactly which on it is) and see if it still does that.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 05-11-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Going by the song/artist/album you can scroll down to can you figure out which should be coming onto the screen right when it switches off? I suspect something is up with the file making the player crash when it tries reading the ID3 tag which may be corrupt. Try figuring out which one it crashes at and temporarily remove those close to it (it's hard to find exactly which on it is) and see if it still does that.
Ok i have a problem now. I scrolled down through the Artist folder and found an unknown artist. I opened it, and all of a sudden songs are being skipped, almost all of them are in correct folders already. (e.g Necrophobic by Cannibal Corpse is rightfully placed in its respective folder). Then all of a sudden the whole player just shuts down. Any light on this matter?

Update: Ok i cleared up the Unknown Artist problem by deleting lyrics tags, but the problem still persists.

Last edited by XxInNOutxX; 05-11-2010 at 10:59 AM.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:00 PM

Default Pause/Resume Control

As a listener to Net Library Audio books, it would be nice to have a screen tap function that paused, and resumed, your audio book when someone comes up to talk to you. At 50+ years old and wearing bifocals the screen is too hard to see outside and it is too much trouble to take your sun glasses off and put your cheaters on.

Old 05-17-2010, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipeFighter View Post
As a listener to Net Library Audio books, it would be nice to have a screen tap function that paused, and resumed, your audio book when someone comes up to talk to you. At 50+ years old and wearing bifocals the screen is too hard to see outside and it is too much trouble to take your sun glasses off and put your cheaters on.
I was thinking about this and I also find this troublesome. Not that I wear glasses, but it is a hassle handling the player when you just want to pause it for a moment.

What I do now, is shut the player off by holding the power button (when the player is not on "hold". If it is, then you first have to unlock it..).
You can reach for this power button "blindly" and the good thing about this, is that the player will continue playback instantly when you turn it on again.
Another advantage of this is that the player will remember where you were in the track, and when you just pause the playback with the pause-button and the player happens to go into idle shutdown while you are talking or busy with other things, the track will start over when you turn it on again.

Maybe this helps..

Old 05-18-2010, 11:00 AM

Default Pause/Resume Control

Thanks for the idea. I am taking PT walks about three or four times a day so I am sure the opportunity will come up for me to try it out.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:43 AM

Default More interactivity for developers

This seems to be a mostly 'write only' device. It would be nice to see some feedback from it that can be used... most important read pixel colour of coordinate... avoiding having to try to keep a record.

overwrite text exactly, not nearly.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:45 AM

My Suggestions:
1: no gap between files when playing
2: Resume in the same spot that you paused
3: bigger volume scroller
4: more codec support eg. ogg, ape, mp4
That's all for now, only had the player 3 days, (64gb ver with latest f/w)
Paul

Last edited by drpaulmartin; 06-18-2010 at 03:52 AM.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:37 AM

when i add russian songs to playlist, a player does not see them.
The player in the playlist does not allocate a song which plays at present.
sorry 4 my english)

Old 06-24-2010, 09:13 PM

I noticed the other day, when you scroll through the albums list, that it IS SUPER SLOW and painful to get from the top of the screen, to the bottom. Not problem when flipping through artists though.

Next firmware needs to address this as well as the rest of the requests.

Old 06-25-2010, 01:19 AM
X-Fi2 App Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammaniaclord View Post
I noticed the other day, when you scroll through the albums list, that it IS SUPER SLOW and painful to get from the top of the screen, to the bottom. Not problem when flipping through artists though.

Next firmware needs to address this as well as the rest of the requests.
I definately agree with this. When scrolling through lists with icons, such as the albums list, it's quite slow and clunky. But it's even slower when you switch view to show just the album covers, this is the same with the applications menu.

Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 PM

I too miss the pause button from the past, but i also enjoy the button free face of the unit. I would like to see an easier pause option, and maybe if you quickly double press the power button, this would work, with a new firmware, OR, quickly double tap the home button.

We already know that pressing the power button powers it on, as well as locks it and brings up the unlock screen, so maybe a quick double-tap to pause would be in order.

Also, the resistive screen format does not bother me (how many times have you Iphone owners accidentally activated an app in your pocket?), but i would like to see more clean up on the still apparent sluggishness (yes i know what a MAJOR improvement the newest firmware is compared to the original, i had it as well), so it feels more like a quality product, by giving us a more smooth/seamless user interface.

I pray that just because the Zii Egg is in development, and around the corner (very steep corner i might add), that Creative hasn't stopped supporting the Zen X-Fi 2, as it IS a very worthy alternative to the Iphone/Pod hum-drumness saturating this naive world. Actually, just about any Zen/Creative product in the last 5 years is a much more satisfying alternative to Ipod/Phone.

Hear our cries Creative.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:50 AM

I read these comments about a pause button.
What about using the motion controls?
i.e. a shake pauses the player
This would obviously have to be a function you could turn off as I imagine drivers may not like it.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:16 AM

1.21.05 cannot adjust the volume

Old 07-24-2010, 11:31 AM

Default Audio Advance and Subtract

I would like to see an advanced and subtract button for audio usage displayed on the player screen. NORMSOFT has a product I use on my Treo phone called Pocket Tunes. It is wonderfull! You can change the time setting so you can go foreword or backward by 15sec, 30sec, 1min, 2min, or 5min. This would make finding your place (without reaching for your reading glassesevery time you turn around) in long audio chapters easier than that slide bar, in my humble opinion.