android
Old 07-24-2010, 11:34 AM

Default Bluetooth headsets

Oh Yeah,
Bluetooth!!

Head Sets, I think they should loose the cord. Taking a walk all tangled with wires is such a pain. Not to mention all the automotive and home uses that are Bluetooth capable.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-09-2010, 04:58 AM

Hi all, just signed up.

The one thing I really wanted was the ability to play H.264 encoded movies (I was bought the 8 Gb version of the player) and other codecs and container formats, but mainly H.264.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:26 PM

Albumart for FLAC files has been cleared up, it was working all along.. so it can be removed from the list.

Old 09-26-2010, 09:56 PM

I think the battery symbol should change color as it drains. Green when full, yellow at around half and red near the end. Instead of green all the time and red right when it's about to die. Also it would be nice if it displayed the battery symbol in the dropdown menu when viewing a video. I hate it when I'm watching a movie and don't know how much battery is left.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:04 PM

Default NetLibrary

I would like to see the player have a function like NormSoft Pocket Tunes. Where you can go forward or backward 30sec, 1min, to 5min at time. I would also like to see full compatibility with Net Library for downloadable audio books. I really use my player for books more than anything else. Too bad Creative does not (at least I have not found it) list which players are compatible with NetLibrary. Oh yeah, forget about Amazon Unbox Video. Kind of funny how the latest and greatest is so lacking.

Old 11-14-2010, 01:55 PM

1) i thought of having maybe the rotation of the screen. instead of having it horizontal, have a option to make it vertical in the system settings. it would be easier to search through your videos, pictures, and of course, your music!

2) have a button on the music player that lets it play the funky colors to the beat of the song like on windows media player. pretty cool idea and would be awsome to have. id like if someone could suggest this! and say if you like it or not please.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:44 AM

there is a sort-problem with more than 255 files.
i've loaded a audiobook (harry potter :-)) with more than ~300 files, correctly tagged. the sort order is:

Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 PM

has anyone tried the tv-out func ? smt is funny about this func

Old 11-19-2010, 02:27 AM

I have tried it with a wrongly wired cable, so can't say anything about it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 AM

well , mine T/v out func works great . but ...... : after about a few minutes , my player turns off the backlight , and of course i was T/v outing . but MTF !! , the movie's fram drop GREAT , that make me touch the screen every few minutes to turn the backlight on and enjoy my movie :-s

Old 12-05-2010, 05:27 AM

What bothers me most, and I am quite surprised that nobody complained about it yet, is that X-Fi2 can't handle gapless playback at all.

I now that for mp3s it is problematic to implement proper gapless support when this feature is provided only by lame metadata (some sort of non-standard tags, I believe) which, unfortunately, most players just ignore. But, as I have read, it should not be any problem for flac or wma. So, why is it that Creative doesn't care about us, audiophiles?

Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 AM

Exclamation i think these must b the inprovements in zen [Merged into bugs/wishes]

Errors:
*It has stil got problems with video formats, it can only play avi format without any errors.
*It gets crashed while operating various applications
*It has errors with album arts
*Its move property isnt well defined, it has to change its position to more than 15 pixels to notice a finger move
It is noticed while dragging

Improvements:
*Theres no search options in playlist,rss,now playing
*It needs to have volume control, nowplaying when we click the home button twice, even when it is locked
*I think the frame skip is too low
*If we can read the lyrics in now playing, it would be great
*It doesnt have a recently added category in DJ
*It would be great if we could modify contacts and notes from the ZEN

Old 12-20-2010, 08:45 AM

i want to see my music in folders. like on PC. please create this feature. it's not so hard to do and it's so helpful and it's necessary...
and a txt reader ))) hope to see it in next firmware version

Old 12-20-2010, 09:20 AM

There are like three txt readers and two editors already, check out the apps/download section of this board

Old 12-26-2010, 09:49 AM

I just got a Zen X-Fi2 and I'm very happy with it. So there's only a handful of features I miss:
* adding/modifying/removing contacts and tasks directly on the X-Fi2
* the Lua interpreter could redirect the standard output (print) to an output file, after a debugging function ("os.debug()" or something like that) was called.
* Lastly, I would be pleased if the RSS reader recognized the seven HTML marks for German umlauts/mutations: ä Ä ö Ö ü Ü ß

Old 04-19-2011, 10:09 AM

My biggest complaint about the X-Fi2 is the fact that you can rate a song on the player, but you cant tell what that rating is through the computer it's plugged into. That I'm aware of, you cannot export ratings of songs, nor can you view these ratings except for on the device itself. I used to be able to to this on my Zen (4GB) but Creative decided it wasn't a feature they wanted to implement on this device...seems like a no-brainer to me...

The X-Fi2 saves ratings of the songs in a separate database which is apparently not accessible to 3rd party applications (MediaMonkey, etc.).

The following thread explains the problem in a little more detail: http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/vie...p?f=12&t=52839

(I was the one with the 'guest' account posts)

Old 04-19-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drastic8 View Post
My biggest complaint about the X-Fi2 is the fact that you can rate a song on the player, but you cant tell what that rating is through the computer it's plugged into. That I'm aware of, you cannot export ratings of songs, nor can you view these ratings except for on the device itself. I used to be able to to this on my Zen (4GB) but Creative decided it wasn't a feature they wanted to implement on this device...
I believe that's the difference between MTP and UMS: the MTP protocol is able to sync such media info while UMS is just your regular Usb Mass Storage protocol. The X-Fi2 only has UMS, as opposed to most of the previous Creative players that did use MTP.

Some people are happy with this change, some are not. What I think is strange is that they left some of the MTP-features on the device while you're not able to sync those to a PC because of the UMS usage.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Default Documentation

Full documentation on hardware, access to boot loader,etc.
I wanna install(port) BSD or some Linux(with binary interface for application). I think it would be more efficient than Nucleus RTOS+Lua.
But i think Creative never make my dreams true

Old 06-14-2011, 12:54 PM

Side bar menus displaying for a long period of time.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:38 AM

-Player crashes in other languages(Korean) after shutdown
-I guess the running of lua programs is the biggest problem