android
Old 05-12-2010, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Here's the official v2.0 bootloader: v2.0-bootloader-sansaclipplus-01.02.13-dual_boot.zip

Roger that" dfkt

Thank you

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-13-2010, 09:13 AM

The new Bootloader has fixed the problems I have been getting with my clip+ not switching on at times However, I have downloaded the latest Rockbox build and I am getting the low volume problem. I have tried adjusting the volumes setting in the sound settings but the volume seems to be a bit lower than on the Original Sansa firmware Also on this recent build, the battery seems to drain alot faster than on the Original Firmware.

Art

Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM

is anyone else getting the lower pitch and speed problem or is it just me?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Rockbox Developer

Can you record some file with your sound card and provide recorded audio + original file ? pitch and speed are fine for me

Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Also double check that you haven't changed the pitch and speed settings in rockbox

Old 05-13-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
Can you record some file with your sound card and provide recorded audio + original file ? pitch and speed are fine for me
http://www.mediafire.com/?kgzzzvv42vx

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Also double check that you haven't changed the pitch and speed settings in rockbox
yup, checked. both at 100%.
i had to make both pitch and speed to roughly 101.2% while playing to let it play close to the original.

Old 05-13-2010, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju0n View Post
i had to make both pitch and speed to roughly 101.2% while playing to let it play close to the original.
You have good ears - most people wouldn't notice a 1.2% variance.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:18 PM
Rockbox Developer

I can't make the difference either. The playback rate should not be 100% accurate but it shouldn't change by 1.2%: For 48kHz the real playback rate should be 0.16% higher, for 44.1kHz it should be 1.12% lower, for 96kHz (if such files exist) it would be 2.35% lower. I'm not audiophile so I can't tell if it matters. The real playback rate can be calculated (with integer divisions) as: clock_source = 240000000/128 divider = (clock_source + samplerate/2) / samplerate real sample_rate = clock_source / divider

Old 05-13-2010, 08:39 PM

Just wanted to post that with the 2.0 bootloader and r25972(100512) I've been able to run 2 full battery bench, it's nice and stable! Gonna keep doing them with newer releases, too bad i messed up the logs hehe.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 05-14-2010, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju0n View Post

Yeah, I notice the pitch difference on those two mp3's you uploaded. I guess the only solution is to go to the Pitch function on Rockbox that is what I have to do.

Anyway, is there anyone else having the low volume problem on the latest build of Rockbox as I feel it is a bit lower than the original firmware volume even when adjusting the EQ.

Art

Old 05-14-2010, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Anyway, is there anyone else having the low volume problem on the latest build of Rockbox as I feel it is a bit lower than the original firmware volume even when adjusting the EQ.
I think the volume is lower with rockbox too. But it's not a problem for me...

Old 05-14-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post

Art
I've noticed that too. I think I read on the rockbox forum that funman is aware of the problem but doesn't know how to fix it. All I can say is that older builds were ok (before write support (or r25821?), r25493 for example). I had my comfortable volume saved in the config file at -4, now I have to go to +4.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Rockbox Developer

Yes the volume is a bit lower than the OF however I think the maximum is OK.

We can make it 9 steps higher however I have no idea how much decibels that would be and if we are already saturating the original audio at this point.

For now I prefer to keep the same code than other sansas (which could use these 9 more steps too).

EDIT: I checked, it seems the settings are identical to other sansas.
If you have a clipv1 and a clip+ or clipv2, can you compare OF max volume and rockbox max volume ? (compare OF and rb, and also clipv1 vs the other one).

If you want to change your rockbox build, edit firmware/drivers/audio/as3514.c function audiohw_set_master_vol and change "mix_r = 0x16" and "mix_l = 0x16" into any number. The value ranges from 0 (minimum volume) to 0x1f (31, maximum volume).

Last edited by funman; 05-14-2010 at 08:21 AM.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funman View Post
We can make it 9 steps higher however I have no idea how much decibels that would be and if we are already saturating the original audio at this point.
I could do some RMAA tests concerning THD/IMD for you, if required.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:04 AM

i see the clip+/v2 and fuze v2 have been promoted to the build page. yay.

as for volume, i can't tell much difference between the OF and rockbox on full whack. either way it's far too loud for my poor ears.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:37 AM

Yeah i listen at -20db with iems hehe and that is plenty for me, -14 if im wearing cans depending on environment.

Very stable for me lately, woooooo.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 05-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Administrator

My results from max volume listening. Clip V1, Clip V2, Clip+ all produce a distinctly higher max volume in the OF. I really can't tell between the max volume in any of the Rockbox versions. They all are quieter than the the OF but after the pounding my ears just took I can't detect a difference between them. The max in Rockbox is WAY more than I would ever consider a comfortable listening level.

I tried a few builds on the V1 all the way back to the logging build saratoga posted quite a while ago and the results were the same. The top volume was lower but more than what I would ever listen at normally. BTW the higher max vol in the OF was very distorted.

I gave a 10-15 second listen with a blend of 16 and 32 ohm IEMs and 16, 32 and 64 ohm over the ears headphones in each firmware and with each player and build. The results were uniform.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

If you want to compare volume maybe just recording it with the windows "soundrec" tool is easiest.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmaye View Post
You have good ears - most people wouldn't notice a 1.2% variance.
1.2% doesn't sound like a big number, but in terms of pitch tuning, it's a pretty big difference.

I like to use the Clip v2 when practicing guitar. I can play along, on an in-tune guitar, with a track that plays in-tune in Play or in iTunes. It sounds fine: the guitar and the track playback are in tune. If I try that with my Clip running Rockbox, the Clip plays noticeably out-of-tune with the guitar. It plays about 1/5 of a semitone flat. 1/5 of a semitone flat is difference of about -1.12%. This seems like a small number, but if you heard two instruments that were tuned -1.12% different from one another, you would definitely be able to hear that they were out-of-tune with one another.

Sansa finally fixed their firmware's pitch bug with version 2.01.35 for the Clip v2. It came out in March. It made it to where I actually started using the Clip again. But I'd really like to go to Rockbox, so I hope that the Rockbox folks also fix their pitch bug.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:40 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc2003 View Post
i see the clip+/v2 and fuze v2 have been promoted to the build page. yay.
Thanks for pointing that out--very nice to see! Also so great to see the fast and furious work occurring now with the Clip ports--things really are feeling closer!