android
Old 01-07-2011, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip252 View Post
Checking the file system for errors would be my first thought. I can't use a build that has the USB patch due to it eventually causing errors in the file system of the player. You may have run into that.
Thanks! <-- it might not convey the exact excitement of my feeling now

I did a dosfsck and found some problems with in the fs. Corrected them and now everything is again ok. I have to keep that in mind next time I stumble with something like this.

Last edited by henriquemaia; 01-07-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-07-2011, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately it may happen again. I just use dfkt's build without the USB patch. Gives me the sweet Meiers crossfeed with no file corruption problems. Then I use this workaround to avoid the database refresh. Not perfect but I haven't had the player lockup while I was away from the computer since.

Interesting it happened on a player connecting to a Linux box though. It would be the first time I've heard of that under those circumstances. I've only read about players that connect under Windows that have issues with the USB patch.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Unfortunately it may happen again. I just use dfkt's build without the USB patch. Gives me the sweet Meiers crossfeed with no file corruption problems. Then I use this workaround to avoid the database refresh. Not perfect but I haven't had the player lockup while I was away from the computer since.

Interesting it happened on a player connecting to a Linux box though. It would be the first time I've heard of that under those circumstances. I've only read about players that connect under Windows that have issues with the USB patch.
Thanks for pointing out to that "dirty" trick. I've been filling the player's memory to the greatest extent possible because I usually organize the files there for weeks in advance.

As for the problem, this had nothing to do with Linux, I believe. The problem occured after I had a glitch while listening to some files. Something went wrong with there, but it happened before I connected to the computer. Linux's lack of response of due to the onset errors (my hindsight analysis).

Old 01-07-2011, 01:45 PM
Administrator

I don't know what format the audiobook is but you may want to check the file itself. I've don't have any problems with any files I encode myself. However I've downloaded some from places like Jamendo and the Internet Archive where the tagging was so funky it caused playback problems in Rockbox.

When I cleaned up the tags it cleared things up. Those problems occurred on loading rather than during playback so that may not have anything to do with it. Just throwing things out there.

Last edited by skip252; 01-07-2011 at 02:13 PM.

Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I also had some issues with that USB patch, and stopped using it.
With my one Clip+ and V2 Fuze, I went back to 3.7.1, and I use that same trick to avoid the refresh. My other Clip+, my podcast player(for now) I use without a memory card, so the refresh is very fast.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 PM

A while playing screen you can actually read in your car.
Not necessarily for elderly people only... LOL
Copy below after the # and paste to a text file and save as a .wps document.

Status bar at top
progress bar under it in yellow
Artist
Track
Album (Year)

#
%we
%Fl(3,16-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold.fnt,100)
%Fl(4,14-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold.fnt,100)%V(0,8,-,8,0)
%pb
%V(0,15,-,-,3)
%s%ac%ia%V(0,31,-,-,3)
%s%ac%it
%V(0,47,-,-,4)
%s%ac%id (%iy)

Old 01-08-2011, 05:19 PM

I am also having issues with the usb build. does anyone know what post has dfkt's last build without the usb?

thanks for the help.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM

That trick is badass and working well.
Battle.net Tag: wuaffiliate#1677

Old 01-09-2011, 12:51 PM

Everytime i put music on my clip, i have to rockbox it again as it goes back to normal.

is this suppose to happen?

Old 01-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Administrator

I doubt it's going back to "normal". There's no USB support so it connects in the official firmware. When you reboot it should open the Rockbox firmware.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I doubt it's going back to "normal". There's no USB support so it connects in the official firmware. When you reboot it should open the Rockbox firmware.
Well when i remove it from the usb, it asks me what language i want it in? Then ill shut i down, turn it back on, and its the regular OS, rockbox is gone...

Old 01-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Administrator

That's the message you would get after a fresh firmware installation or if somehow all the settings were wiped in the OF.

When you reconnect in MSC mode and check in Windows Explorer is the .rockbox folder still there? How did you install Rockbox originally? How are you re-installing Rockbox? What build are you using?

Old 01-09-2011, 01:28 PM

Quote:
That's the message you would get after a fresh firmware installation or if somehow all the settings were wiped in the OF.

When you reconnect in MSC mode and check in Windows Explorer is the .rockbox folder still there? How did you install Rockbox originally? How are you re-installing Rockbox? What build are you using?
Ahhh big words

Im using rockbox utility? I had to download the firmware and bootloader, put them on the clip manually, then utility does the rest for me.

But every time i put music onto the clip, i have to put the firmware and bootloader back onto it and let utility do its thing again. Its really annoying to have to do that anytime i want to put music on

Old 01-09-2011, 01:46 PM
Administrator

More information would be helpful but let's try this. Put the firmware on your PC not the player. Point the installer at that location. The installer will patch and then place the patched firmware on the player.

Having a copy of unpatched firmware on the player is causing it to reinstall the OF (the definitions for the "big words" are in my sig) again. You would constantly be uninstalling the Rockbox firmware by having that on your player. That's why you keep getting the language choice screen that comes after a firmware update it seems.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickers View Post
Im using rockbox utility?
It is recommended. Incidentally, did you read the Rockbox manual before Rockboxing? If not, I strongly recommend that you do so.
Quote:
I had to download the firmware and bootloader, put them on the clip manually, then utility does the rest for me.
http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/SansaAMS#Installation: “Automatic installation with RockboxUtility is recommended and far easier."
Quote:
But every time i put music onto the clip, i have to put the firmware and bootloader back onto it and let utility do its thing again. Its really annoying to have to do that anytime i want to put music on
Backup your files and please use Rockbox Utility this time. Just make sure your battery meter reads more than 50% and you have at least a few hundred MiB free in the internal memory.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:13 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickers View Post
Ahhh big words

Im using rockbox utility? I had to download the firmware and bootloader, put them on the clip manually, then utility does the rest for me.
If you put a firmware file on your player, it'll reboot back into the OF like you describe, but you don't need to do that if you're using rockbox utility. Can you check and see if theres a sandisk .bin on your player? If so, try deleting it. It shouldn't be there.

Old 01-12-2011, 02:46 AM

hi guys!
iam a new clip+ user. my clip is rockboxed. and i need your help.
I cant configure eq based on my preferences.
low freq is easiest to understand. mid is not so tricky.
but high... I can not get rid of "S!" and "TS!" sounds, cant explain in other way. its very high and annoying.
my eq preferences:

cant get it with rockbox equalizer.
i am using akg k81dj headphones, if this info helps
can u help me?

ps: sorry for my lame english, iam from ukraine (:

Old 01-12-2011, 05:15 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim::tmtth:: View Post
hi guys!
iam a new clip+ user. my clip is rockboxed. and i need your help.
I cant configure eq based on my preferences.
low freq is easiest to understand. mid is not so tricky.
but high... I can not get rid of "S!" and "TS!" sounds, cant explain in other way. its very high and annoying.
my eq preferences:

cant get it with rockbox equalizer.
i am using akg k81dj headphones, if this info helps
can u help me?

ps: sorry for my lame english, iam from ukraine (:
Try lowering the sections I circled.....I think they are usually where those sounds are located.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (65.4 KB, 23 views)

Old 01-12-2011, 06:24 AM

thanks for hint. its better now, but still not perfect. sound became more midrange and lost "color".
can you show your sansa's eq settings? i will experiment some more...

Old 01-12-2011, 06:38 AM

Download SineGen and do a frequency sweep with it, with your K81. That way you hear where the sibilant frequencies of your phones exactly are. Then you can use very narrow bands in Rockbox EQ to eliminate them, not affecting the rest of the sound.