android
Old 01-21-2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
Use MSC mode instead of MTP.
Forgot to say, I already input that mode (in the OF).
In Rockbox can't find the setting; strange thing, (when still using the OF) if i change the brightness for example, then it asks 'confirm Y/N), if I change to MSC, MTP or auto mode, it doesn't ask for any confirm, so it left me wondering whether my setting was currently accepted

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 01-21-2011, 06:06 AM

Rockbox only has MSC transfer mode, no MTP (in cause you use an USB-enabled Rockbox build). The difference between the two is easily noticeable in Windows Explorer - with MSC the Clip appears as a standard drive with a drive letter, with MTP it's mounted just with the device name, and a pretty icon.

Old 01-21-2011, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
Rockbox only has MSC transfer mode, no MTP (in cause you use an USB-enabled Rockbox build). The difference between the two is easily noticeable in Windows Explorer - with MSC the Clip appears as a standard drive with a drive letter, with MTP it's mounted just with the device name, and a pretty icon.
then it looks like is MTP, since in win it has a fancy icon.
anyhow, the environment I mainly use is Ubuntu; so how come I can not manage to connect to the Clip+ in Ubuntu, since Rockbox has only MSC?!

Old 01-21-2011, 01:18 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv_guano View Post
anyhow, the environment I mainly use is Ubuntu; so how come I can not manage to connect to the Clip+ in Ubuntu, since Rockbox has only MSC?!
MSC mode is disabled in rockbox right now, so you cannot use USB at all in Rockbox. You need to put the OF into MSC mode, and then use that.

Old 01-22-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
MSC mode is disabled in rockbox right now, so you cannot use USB at all in Rockbox. You need to put the OF into MSC mode, and then use that.
oh great, thanks for the hint! now i turn On the Clip+ with the OF, I make sure the MSC option is selected and can access it! awesome!

Old 01-22-2011, 09:05 PM

Guys, need some help here with a custom theme.

Is it possible to change the clock position on the default statusbar?

Nevermind. I've just figured it out how to make a custom statusbar work.

Last edited by liQuid; 01-22-2011 at 09:25 PM.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:07 AM

I have a question about shuffle mode.

In the OF I can play a list of all my tracks ordered by album. Even if shuffle mode is on, this list is not shuffled. The player itself selects random tracks of it. I can, e.g., browse my list and play the next song of the current album that is being played.

Can I do this in RB? If I go to Database > Album > All tracks it gives me a list of all my tracks alphabeticaly ordered instead of order them by album and even if I create a playlist of all my music and than set shuffle on, it shuffles the hole list.

I don't know if I made myself clear, but I can't find anything that helps me in the manual.

EDIT:

I found out that the only way to do what I want is disabling shuffle mode. Than, my playlist (the one that I created in File Browser mode) with all my music are ordered again. That's kind of annoying. I can't list all my tracks album ordered in Database too.

Last edited by liQuid; 01-24-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 AM

Just got Rockbox and it is very confusing. So many settings!

Old 01-25-2011, 05:51 AM

A good place to start: http://download.rockbox.org/daily/ma...box-build.html

Old 01-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cykull View Post
Just got Rockbox and it is very confusing. So many settings!
You really don't eed to be concerned about most of them, if you don't want to be. Highly recommended to skim the manual, and finding all those Easter-egg capabilities.

Old 01-26-2011, 09:39 PM

In rockbox mode, I can't play music while charging it.
Do you know how to make it play the music?

Old 01-27-2011, 02:08 PM

Sounds like you maybe have a build with USB enabled? Do you get an USB emblem when plugged in? If so you can avoid this by holding the select button while plugging in your player. Let us know if this helps, and as always, RTFM.

Old 01-28-2011, 12:44 AM

Today I had my clip+ connected to the computer under the OF in order to keep it charged. I checked before leaving home and it was fully charged, at least that's what the OF showed. Then I plugged the clip on the car using Rockbox and the battery was almost uncharged.

When I got home, plugged the clip to the computer. The OF showed the battery completely charged. Plugged it in with through Rockbox and it shows the battery uncharged (and starts to charge it).

Any idea of what might have happened?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 PM

Actually I have noticed that when charging in the OF, if the Clip+ is plugged in but my computer is turned off or rebooted, it will somehow disrupt the charge. It will appear to keep charging, but when I pull the Clip+ off the usb cable and boot back into rockbox, the battery will be noticeably depleted instead. After having this happen a couple of times I have gotten careful about disconnecting/reconnecting to usb after reboots or computer shutdowns.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:06 AM

Perhaps good news for people having SD card or USB issues, seems there's some work done on these issues lately: http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?vi...revision=29169 - http://svn.rockbox.org/viewvc.cgi?vi...revision=29149

Old 01-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I've noticed those revisions, and I am waiting patiently.....all my Clip+'s are missing is the same kind of USB support my V1 Fuze has, and they'll be perfect! As is, they're still great, as I am not swapping their content out that often.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by occams_razor View Post
Sounds like you maybe have a build with USB enabled? Do you get an USB emblem when plugged in? If so you can avoid this by holding the select button while plugging in your player. Let us know if this helps, and as always, RTFM.
I wanted to thank you fot this little advice. I was wondering about this because I wanted to get an portable power supply (or a car usb adapter) and this was something I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Does any of you know if something like this works with the clip+ (and rockbox, of course, with occams tip, to keep this in topic )?

Old 02-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriquemaia View Post
I wanted to thank you fot this little advice. I was wondering about this because I wanted to get an portable power supply (or a car usb adapter) and this was something I couldn't figure out how to do it.

Does any of you know if something like this works with the clip+ (and rockbox, of course, with occams tip, to keep this in topic )?
I'm not sure if that particular one would be a good idea....it says the output voltage is 5.5V, and I believe you shouldn't go over 5V with the Sansas.

Maybe saratoga could answer better.....I think he is an electrical engineer, so he would know better than I.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:17 AM

Default 8gb Clip+ & 16gb micro sd Rockbox???

Hi all......
I had problems after loading music onto my player (16gb sd card inside) especially with the 'refreshing your media" issue.... have now formatted both card and player..... am back to starting adding music files again......
I know I sound like a novice, BUT what is the best process..... do I need Rockbox (whatever that is and does?) or do I need add music to Sansa Clipp then seperately add (via card reader) to my micro sd card, then insert into Clip+?? I do NOT wish to add all the files to find out that the player is 'frozen' again..... can someone oplease walk me through the best mode of input....
much appreciated

Old 02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Ultra Senior Member

No, you do not need Rockbox. Rockbox is an alternate firrmware for the Clip. You may want to read about it at Rockbox.org--skim the manual. It has many nice options and advantages, including, I have read, an often speedier refresh rate.

I have no refresh issue with the Clip+ and its original firmware when I simply: insert the microSD card into the player when the Clip+ is off (I don't know if it affects matters if the player is on); connect the Clip+ to my computer; transfer files to the internal and/or external memories; and disconnect. Hopefully your issue was a one-off issue, or the reformatting helps.