android
Old 03-04-2011, 09:02 AM

You can do a simple test, formatting an SD card (which the internal memory of the Clip+ is as well) with Windows and with the SD Formatter. Just compare the read/write speeds with both - it's usually faster with the SD Formatter, due to optimized cluster sizes for that kind of memory.

I once did a more extensive speed test with a CF card: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=23 (Panasonic formatter is an older version of the SDcard.org formatter.)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-04-2011, 10:31 AM

I've used it on my microSD cards but I didn't really think of using it on my Clip+ and Fuze, I just used Windows.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:53 PM

What settings should I select when formatting my Clip+ and Fuze?

Old 03-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Full, both other options on (the app decides if the memory supports it anyways).

Old 03-05-2011, 01:04 PM

I've got version 3 and there is only one other option, Format Size Adjustment. Also it says in the manual about Full (Erase) that if the erase function isn't supported it is just like a quick. So I guess I should just use Full (Overwrite).

Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 AM

i've got freeze by using rockbox 3.8 in mi Clip+, when it play randomized playlist, suddenly it stop playing and show disk access icon at the edge of the screen. like something accessing from memory card . FYI, i don't insert microSD in this slot.

holding power button for 20 sec, doesn't responding..

for a second chance, thanks God, it works and restart into 3.8.

soon after it, i remove 3.8 and switch back to 3.7.1

anyone have the same with 3.8 Clip+ ?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:36 AM

I installed rb 3.8 and also got the database problem (I tried to "initialize" but it wouldn't complete it, and then, when I turned it off and the on again, I got the "no file found" error). So I tried uninstalling it and just loading the OF. For some reason though, when I turned it on, it would try to load rb instead. I had deleted the .rockbox file (though I had to format it, because for some reason it wouldn't just delete it, even though it appeared to be empty). So anyway, I tried reinstalling it but got the same issue. So I uninstalled it (again) and installed 3.7.1. Everything seems to work fine now, but, for a split second when I turn it on, it says 3.8 on top and then changes to 3.7.1. Any ideas why that may be happening?

Old 03-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Hi guys!

Just a quick question:

I have a rb3.8 clip+ , is the Meier crossfeed option available for it or only for the 7.1 version?

Old 03-18-2011, 12:31 PM
Administrator

The Meier crossfeed isn't part any of the standard Rockbox builds. You'll need to find a custom build that includes it or apply that patch yourself.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Gotcha skip. Thanks!

I assume that the custom build on page 59 is still the 7.1 version right?

How does one go about installing it manually on 3.8 then?

Old 03-18-2011, 01:06 PM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Milk View Post
Gotcha skip. Thanks!

I assume that the custom build on page 59 is still the 7.1 version right?

How does one go about installing it manually on 3.8 then?
You wouldn't use 3.8, but rather current SVN. Basically, you check out the current code, patch it, and then compile it. See:

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide

Old 03-18-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratoga View Post
You wouldn't use 3.8, but rather current SVN. Basically, you check out the current code, patch it, and then compile it. See:

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/DevelopmentGuide
Beautacious! Thanks.

Looks a bit beyond my capabilities but I'll give it a go.

Old 03-20-2011, 04:20 PM

Some SD fixes went in today, might be worth retrying the current build if you were having problems before.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:45 PM

More SD fixes have gone in, and probably more in the next couple days. If you had a player that didn't work with SD in rockbox before, could you retest it and let me know if SD works now?

Old 03-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
More SD fixes have gone in, and probably more in the next couple days. If you had a player that didn't work with SD in rockbox before, could you retest it and let me know if SD works now?
I just installed 29652 into my one Clip+(AMSv2 variant 0) that has a card(16GB Sandisk class 2), and the database initialized successfully. I won't be listening to the player at any length until tomorrow, but early indications are that it's working properly.

Old 03-27-2011, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
I just installed 29652 into my one Clip+(AMSv2 variant 0) that has a card(16GB Sandisk class 2), and the database initialized successfully. I won't be listening to the player at any length until tomorrow, but early indications are that it's working properly.
is the newest daily build can solve anomaly in battery life when microSD inserted? i've got shorter battery life when microSD inserted.

FYI : sansa Clip+ AMSv2 Variant 1

Quote:
Ok so you've got the "new" SD controller, while mine has the "old" one. I should do a battery bench on mine, maybe the "new" variant behaves differently the the "old".
check this link : http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/sho...t=61904&page=2

any different between variant 1 and variant 0 ?

thanks...

Old 03-28-2011, 12:55 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esgikey View Post
is the newest daily build can solve anomaly in battery life when microSD inserted? i've got shorter battery life when microSD inserted.

FYI : sansa Clip+ AMSv2 Variant 1
You can look here for a quick summary of what they're up to...http://www.rockbox.org/since-4weeks.html

Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
It's normal if battery life decreases a bit with the microsd inserted, because we power up the internal sd card controller for that, and the microsd card will consume some power by itself too.

I have a couple of clues to reduce power consumption, I'll commit some fixes for that in the coming weeks:
1) disable switching the sd card into high-speed mode (this is pointless, since the sd controller still uses normal-speed mode)
2) a fix for dynamic sd card clock for AMS variant 1 (clock signal is automatically disabled if there is no command/data transfer going on)

Old 03-28-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertrik View Post
1) disable switching the sd card into high-speed mode (this is pointless, since the sd controller still uses normal-speed mode)
Would this affect computer-to-Clip USB transfer speed, or is it only internally?

Old 03-28-2011, 11:10 AM

Probably not. USB transfers on the Clip+ are amazingly slow even in the OF (seriously my old e200v1 is way faster). Unless Sandisk screwed up their software, its probably some kind of hardware limitation.