android
Old 04-08-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonella View Post
i just ported the latest build..it boots up fine with microsd in but there's still random freezing during playback..
i always revert to the older and more stable build for now
What is the older stable build?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-09-2010, 03:00 AM

Sorry Guy's, I've given up for the time being, every one of the latest builds seem to be problematic for my 2gb Clip+. Since I've only got a 2gb Clip+ most of my music is stored on a 8gb card, so as you can see micro sd playback is quite important to me - I'm using a more stable older build for the time being.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maporter1968 View Post
Sorry Guy's, I've given up for the time being, every one of the latest builds seem to be problematic for my 2gb Clip+. Since I've only got a 2gb Clip+ most of my music is stored on a 8gb card, so as you can see micro sd playback is quite important to me - I'm using a more stable older build for the time being.
Which build are you using?

I just got a microSD card and need a more stable build as well. Would you mind uploading the older build you are using?

Old 04-09-2010, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFF View Post
Which build are you using?

I just got a microSD card and need a more stable build as well. Would you mind uploading the older build you are using?

here it goes..this doesn't support FM yet..i use this since i don't use FM anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yiktom...saclipplus.zip

Old 04-09-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solomonella View Post
here it goes..this doesn't support FM yet..i use this since i don't use FM anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yiktom...saclipplus.zip
Thanks!

Old 04-12-2010, 12:48 AM

I need some help... I followed the intructions on the rockbox website but when I get to the part in the cmd.exe and I input the line 'mkamsboot.exe fuzea.bin bootloader-fuze.bin patched.bin' My cmd.exe keeps giving me this error

[ERR] Could not open fuzea.bin for reading
[ERR] Could not load fuzea.bin

Old 04-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Rockbox Developer / Moderator

Since you don't mention it, I'll go ahead and ask: do you have a fuzea.bin file? If the answer is "I think so" post a listing of the files in that folder (use the dir command).

Old 04-12-2010, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starless View Post
I need some help... I followed the intructions on the rockbox website but when I get to the part in the cmd.exe and I input the line 'mkamsboot.exe fuzea.bin bootloader-fuze.bin patched.bin' My cmd.exe keeps giving me this error

[ERR] Could not open fuzea.bin for reading
[ERR] Could not load fuzea.bin
Double check if you've cd'd into the right directory.

The easiest way is to put all files into the C:\ directory.
1. Open up cmd with admin permissions.
2. Type cd/
3. That should get you into the root C:\ directory.
4. After that, initiate the mkamsboot command. You be done if it says successful!

Hope that helps!

PS. This may sound noobish, but also make sure the files are correctly named.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:59 AM

I got rockbox working but now my PC doesn't recognize it when I plug it in through USB... so I can't add any music... or uninstall =(

Last edited by starless; 04-12-2010 at 11:05 AM.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Don't I recall that Rockbox doesn't work via USB at this point and that you need to boot to the original firmware to connect to your computer via USB?

Old 04-12-2010, 11:19 AM

It's all already mentioned in this thread, it's even on the first page. Reading helps...

Old 04-12-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post
It's all already mentioned in this thread, it's even on the first page. Reading helps...
sorry. I feel like an asshole now.

But now I have another problem(sorry for being a pest) (and I have read the whole thread). I understand the fact that playlists are not supported. So I doped 10 songs in the music folder in MSC mode. So they showed up fine in rockbox. I pressed play on the first song and this message shows up: error accessing file playlist control file (-12776). Then the song plays for about 10 seconds and abruptly stops with the same message repeated onto the screen. The clip+ then crashes and I have to hold the power button or 15 seconds for it to work again. As far as I am aware, I didn't create any playlist... How I am so supposed to put my flacs into the clip so they are not read as a play list?

Last edited by starless; 04-12-2010 at 03:08 PM.

Old 04-12-2010, 08:56 PM

that's a known bug..it will always appear when you play a song which simply means that write support is still not supported but the track will still play,if it doesn't then the build you currently have is really unstable...maybe you should just try the next build and so on just to check which one would be stable enough to play your tracks,or you could download the previous build(no FM support yet)that i uploaded,it's in here somewhere..i find it more stable than the latest builds so i still use it until a better build comes along

update: tried the latest build and it crashes more than ever during playback with both internal and microsdhc,though it boots up fine with msd...just a heads up

Last edited by solomonella; 04-13-2010 at 05:03 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:58 AM

I have a problem since saving eq and sound.cfg files on the Rocbox UI sansa clip emulator on Windows XP.

I saved some eq and sound config files on the clip rocbox emulator then transfered the saved config files to my sansa clip+. I switched on my Sansa Clip and listened to the saved eq presets then I switched it off. Now when I go to switch my Sansa Clip+ on it will not switch on. The Sansa Clip+ appears to be dead

I then try to connect my Sansa Clip+ through USB to my computer but still there is no life.

Have I killed my Sansa Clip+ since saving .cfg files to it from my PC?

Please advise

Art

Old 04-14-2010, 09:12 AM

Rockbox devs have just downgraded the status of the Clip+ and Fuse2 ports to "unusable", meaning you probably shouldn't be using them if you aren't a developer.

Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0 View Post
Rockbox devs have just downgraded the status of the Clip+ to "unusable"
Wrong!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artmuzz View Post
Now when I go to switch my Sansa Clip+ on it will not switch on.
As repeatedly said in this thread: hold the power button for 15-30 seconds.

I wish people would start reading the info that's already available, keeping this thread informative and cut down on redundancy.

Old 04-14-2010, 10:10 AM

Quote:
...I wish people would start reading the info that's already available, keeping this thread informative and cut down on redundancy.
To be fair, he did post new information and not just ask for an old solution -

Quote:
I saved some eq and sound config files on the clip rocbox emulator then transfered the saved config files to my sansa clip+. I switched on my Sansa Clip and listened to the saved eq presets then I switched it off. Now when I go to switch my Sansa Clip+ on it will not switch on. The Sansa Clip+ appears to be dead

Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Quote:
As repeatedly said in this thread: hold the power button for 15-30 seconds.

I wish people would start reading the info that's already available, keeping this thread informative and cut down on redundancy.
Maybe I did read the info but the fact of my Clip+ dieing on me made me panic so as a result I wrote in the forum about the problem which I was right in doing as it was a new problem that wasn't mentioned in the info.

Anyway I managed to resurrect my clip+ by pressing the power button for a little while after remembering someone had that problem and that is what he/she did.

Art

Last edited by Artmuzz; 04-14-2010 at 10:22 AM.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:07 PM
Rockbox Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuntius View Post
Wrong!
Nope he's right, Clipv2 and Clip+ have been demoted "Unusable".
The front page hasn't been updated yet, but I made the change.

See http://twitter.com/rockboxcommits/status/12104596958

And the discussion why it was made on http://www.rockbox.org/irc/log-20100413#15:44:13

Also I think there are too much software problems (locks/crashes) and too much person problems who can't read what's supposed to work or not (too much documentation kills the documentation?)