android
Old 03-26-2010, 07:27 AM

Help Stylus Pen for Samsung P3?

On eBay there is a stylus pen for iTouch, iPhone and Samsung P3. Click here
Does anyone have it and does it work?
Thanx.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-26-2010, 09:11 AM

No idea. However, the seller is trustworthy and it's incredibly cheap. You should buy it for the good of the community! :P

Old 03-26-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
No idea. However, the seller is trustworthy and it's incredibly cheap. You should buy it for the good of the community! :P
yeah, gonna wait for more replies, but I think i'm going to buy it

Old 03-26-2010, 11:33 AM

Tell us how it is! If it's any good, I may get one.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:59 PM

I'm curious about this too, but alas too late for me, I already got rid of my P3. One of the many cons of the P3 was that, to my disappointment a stylus from a Nintendo DS did not work with it. That link makes the stylus look pretty fat though, and the point of a stylus is precision, so even if it works it would not be as beneficial as say a DS stylus. Still worth looking into for somebody out there to educate others one way or the other.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harhumph View Post
I'm curious about this too, but alas too late for me, I already got rid of my P3. One of the many cons of the P3 was that, to my disappointment a stylus from a Nintendo DS did not work with it. That link makes the stylus look pretty fat though, and the point of a stylus is precision, so even if it works it would not be as beneficial as say a DS stylus. Still worth looking into for somebody out there to educate others one way or the other.
You realise that the stylus' on a DS are meant to be precise, where the stylus' for the P3 are meant to represent a fingerprint, correct? It's how the P3 was built, what a totally unfair comparison.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:38 PM

I'm not going to get in an argument here, but you basically just said in your quote that the P3 is not meant for precision, haha I love it. I did not know before I bought my P3 that it had to sense a living creature touching it. My LG Dare can use a DS stylus and my DS obviously can so I had no idea that touchscreens were different before I ran into the P3's "oddness." It was disappointing but now I know and I will do my research before I buy more touchscreen stuff, besides who wants to get fingerprints all over the screen, a stylus is always more practical for me at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonBottles View Post
You realise that the stylus' on a DS are meant to be precise, where the stylus' for the P3 are meant to represent a fingerprint, correct? It's how the P3 was built, what a totally unfair comparison.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I'm not going to get in an argument here, but you basically just said in your quote that the P3 is not meant for precision,
No I didn't, don't shove words into my mouth. If it wasn't made with precision in mind, it wouldn't work. But the touchscreen isn't meant to be used in the same way a DS is.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:50 PM

Whatever man, I really don't care what you said or implied or whatever, I am just curious if this stylus works which is really the point of this thread.

Old 03-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

I want to know if this stylus works myself, as my fingers are too fat to adjust the eq correctly (keeps dragging the wrong bands).

Old 03-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Samsung Moderator

I don't see how the stylus pen would work as the P3 uses capacitive technology.
"Capacitive sensors detect anything which is conductive or having dielectric properties"

Old 03-27-2010, 06:01 PM
Ultra Senior Member

A thin metal stylus might work, as long as the point isn't sharp to scratch the screen - electrically conductive.

Old 03-29-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DarkSide View Post
A thin metal stylus might work, as long as the point isn't sharp to scratch the screen - electrically conductive.
scratching the screen?
and by the way, i bought the stylus from another seller on ebay, don't buy it, it works sadly, you have to push too hard and sliding doesn't go at all. the touchscreen is only made for fingers and not for stylus..

Old 04-01-2010, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BramDB View Post
scratching the screen? look at this...
yeah my p3 have a couple of scratches from a moderate 1 month usage

Old 04-07-2010, 01:14 PM

Wonder If a DS Stylus Pen would work? My daughter has a bunch of them laying around.

Old 04-07-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuBiXx View Post
Wonder If a DS Stylus Pen would work? My daughter has a bunch of them laying around.

Wow, *facepalm*. I mean if the thread was 20 pages long then I would forgive this comment, but one page long, really. Haha

Old 04-07-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
My LG Dare can use a DS stylus and my DS obviously can so I had no idea that touchscreens were different before I ran into the P3's "oddness." It was disappointing but now I know and I will do my research before I buy more touchscreen stuff, besides who wants to get fingerprints all over the screen, a stylus is always more practical for me at least.
Yeah, there is two major kinds of touch screens, each with pros and cons. The LG Dare, Original Iphone and any that utilize a stylus are not glass capacitive touch screens. Instead they utilize a coating over the screen that can easily be worn off with rough fingers and/or sharp objects. The P3 uses a hardened glass capactive touch interface so a stylus that doesn't carry static electricity won't work but it's much more durable and heavily callused fingers and most sharp objects won't damage it.

Stylus-Easy damage/wear
No Stylus-Durable/Harder to damage.

Pros and cons...... Pros and cons.

Old 05-10-2010, 04:37 PM

i have one of the capacitive touch screen pens theyre ok but i would recommend them for using them all the time they suck

Old 05-11-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
....One of the many cons of the P3 was that, to my disappointment a stylus from a Nintendo DS did not work with it...
Interesting comment to say the least. You're disappointed when stylus that was not designed to work with the P3 does not work!

There are various type of touchscreens that are very specific and work with specific types of stylus or fingers. What implied to you that it should work?

Last edited by pgh1969pa; 05-11-2010 at 07:04 AM.

Old 05-13-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgh1969pa View Post
Interesting comment to say the least. You're disappointed when stylus that was not designed to work with the P3 does not work!

There are various type of touchscreens that are very specific and work with specific types of stylus or fingers. What implied to you that it should work?

See post 17 for the reasoning and answer bro.

Tags
stylus pen samsung p3