android
Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 PM

Default MicroSD Scans every time.

I have a 32GB X-Fi2 with a 16GB MicroSD card installed.

Every time I want to play media on the MicroSD card it has to rescan the card...this is really annoying and it's getting old. Any way around this? Or do I just have to hope that Creative fixes the firmware?
Be a Troublemaker (Matt 10:34, Eph 6:10-20, Acts 16:20-21, 17:6-7, 24:5)

"Stop worrying about being inadequate or not good enough...and greatly fear being good at things that have no eternal significance." - Me

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 03-28-2010, 02:36 PM

It does the same for me too on my 8GB ZEN with 2GB card. Don't think there's any way to fix it. It's just the way they intended to make it. It's a way of transferring files to your player, it's not really meant to be in there and accessed like that I think. Even though it's possible.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 03-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Thanks folks....this is real world experience that I find invaluable...I am looking hard at the Zen 32GB, primarily because of SD card ability [and I also have had a ton of Creatives in past]...

However, if the card refresh times are waaaaaay long and occur constantly, this would be deal breaker for me, unless i can find a work around [like leaving long-term, unchanging music on the card and the constantly changing stuff on main memory...

@OP...can you provide general/approximate card refresh times?

thanks and cheers!
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 03-28-2010, 09:37 PM

It usually only takes about 30 seconds or less for my 16GB Zen to scan my 8GB SD card.

There is an "import all" feature that allows to you download everything on the SD card to main memory of the player, that's the only way I can think of to avoid the scans.

Old 03-29-2010, 01:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2008 View Post
It usually only takes about 30 seconds or less for my 16GB Zen to scan my 8GB SD card.

There is an "import all" feature that allows to you download everything on the SD card to main memory of the player, that's the only way I can think of to avoid the scans.
Hi g2008, thanks for feedback too...

I think member Adubb mentioned a good workaround - no changing stuff on external card and constantly changing stuff on main memory...30 seconds is very acceptable though...

I am looking at 32GB Zen with max external card now, 16GB, possibly 32when price comes to earth...

thanks again!
-lestatar
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 AM

take a look at the creative webstore. they have really good offerings right now.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kredig View Post
take a look at the creative webstore. they have really good offerings right now.
Thanks Kredig for the timely tip...will def do that Am travelling to Asia in couple weeks so hoping I can find super-compelling deal over there, either on the Zen or possibly some unheralded brand...

cheers,
-lestatar
A Glossary for Newbies