android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 PM

Lightbulb How do you create an .spl playlist for a folder of songs on the P3?

I wanted to keep the Music folder on the P3 nice and tidy and have only folders of songs inside it, not 6,000 separate song titles.

So I dragged and dropped a folder of 64 songs named Best Ever Beer Songs into my P3 using Windows Explorer.

Question: How do you create the .spl playlist for this folder of songs on the P3?

It appears EmoDio can only create the mandatory .spl type playlists if you create and name the playlist, then transfer/drag & drop all the individual songs onto it, which then fills up the P3's Music folder with all the individual songs. It doesn't seem to work with creating playlists for folders of songs, only individual songs or groups of them.

I've tried every playlist creating software out there as well. Nothing creates the specific .spl required for the P3.
The closest I get is .m3u8 and then try using the m3u8 to spl Playlist Converter 1.02 found on these forums, but even that doesn't work, despite following instructions exactly.

There must be some way to do this...any solution...please?

Last edited by cosmicsoulmachine; 04-01-2010 at 03:10 AM. Reason: Need to rephrase.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-08-2010, 02:34 AM

You can do it via notepad. It's basically the header, the paths/songname and the footer.

You just need the proper header then the paths. So you can probably take an M3U file from something like xmplay or winamp that you made from songs ON the p3, then edit the file and rename it to spl.