android
Old 04-01-2010, 09:13 PM

Default With the new firmware, is it worth getting?

Just wondering since the LAST player I remember liking was the Creative Zen Vision M. The last review I read considered this player a POS, but that was due to the bad OS more than anything. Now that the firmware has been updated, has it become better?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-02-2010, 03:39 AM

If you mind updating from the version 1.0 to the newest firmware, there are some good and significant changes. The touch screen responsiveness has been fixed so far.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 AM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Definitly The touch screen is now really nice to use and it never randomly crashes any more. Like all resistive touchscreen products it takes a while to get used to, you need to learn how much pressure it requires to read a touch or a click, but once you're used to it its very intuative. I used to accidently select tracks when browsing through them, now i can find any song from the all tracks list in under 5 seconds :P

Old 04-02-2010, 07:36 AM

After all of the updates, I still have issues with the touchscreens sensitivity, operation... whatever you may want to call it on my 32G XFI2.

If you have used or tried the touch screen on an ITOUCH, my hunch is that you will be disappointed.

but then again, the Zen costs a bit less than the ITOUCH, so your wallet will be happy.

the latest firmware fixed some of my issues...I no longer play chase the dot during touch screen calibration and I can easily scan past H during artist searches.

so your fondness of the touch screen & the latest firmware will all depend on your expectations.

Dave

Old 04-06-2010, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkstott View Post
After all of the updates, I still have issues with the touchscreens sensitivity, operation... whatever you may want to call it on my 32G XFI2.

If you have used or tried the touch screen on an ITOUCH, my hunch is that you will be disappointed.

but then again, the Zen costs a bit less than the ITOUCH, so your wallet will be happy.
Dave
The touch screen on your itouch responds to electricity generated by your fingertips, rather than pressure, which the zen uses. It isn't as responsive to the pad of your finger, but a fingernail will work perfectly as well as a stylus, giving you precise control over where you touch. The itouch only works with styluses(styli?) that transmit electricity from your fingertips, which means going and buying one from apple. I am used to using my fingernail and/or a stylus to navigate my old pda (back in the day before ipod) so i try using an itouch and sit there for a few seconds getting nowhere with my fingernail before realizing i need to use the pads of my fingers. It's really personal preference: Do you like sloppy control (capacitive touch screen on i-touch) or precise control (resistive touch screen on just about everything else on the market).

The zen sounds better than the itouch too. Just saying.