android
Old 04-05-2010, 07:40 PM

Default Master List of Zune Registry Hacks

Hello there.

I am a UK user who enjoys the Zune software. Unfortunately we have been denied features present in the program time and time again. To remedy this for all Zune software fans outside the USA, I present the master list of Zune registry hacks!

IMPORTANT: This will allow you to access many Zune software features WITHOUT changing the region of your computer or Live ID

To activate features, simply create a new Key at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Zune named "FeaturesOverride", then create DWORD (32-bit) values inside the key with the following names, setting their value to 1 to turn them on:-

Channels
FirstLaunchIntroVideo
Games
Marketplace
MBRPreview
MBRPurchase
MBRRental
MusicVideos
Picks
Podcasts
QuickMixLocal
QuickMixZmp
Quickplay
SignInAvailable
Social
SubscriptionFreeTracks
Videos

This will not only return the SmartDJ function (which our friends in the US were given on the device today, but has been removed from everyone else's software since the last software update), but also allow you to sign in, browse the marketplace and more. Purchasing will not work, but tracks can be previewed, so it's like window-shopping

So to all my fellow international Zune users, don't despair, Microsoft may not want to explain why they removed SmartDJ, or why they don't even provide a download link to the software on the Zune homepage in regions outside the US, but at least your fellow fans love you, and worked hard to bring you this list.

Feel free to read this thread, and contribute on the official Zune forums, which covers the discovery of the hacks, and also the reactions a lot of disgruntled, then placated users http://forums.zune.net/0/1/573991/ShowPost.aspx#573991

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 10-25-2010, 02:38 PM

Default Update 4.7

I'm in Canada and this had everything working for me, but then the new update came along and a bunch of features disappeared (quick mix, music marketplace, artist pictures in 'now playing'). I still have smartDJ and the podcast and video marketplace so it really isn't that big of a deal but it would be nice to get the other stuff back. Anyone have a fix?

Tags
hack, registry, software, zune