Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Unhappy Multiple problems with Mozaic

So, I just bought a Creative Zen Mosaic. The first problem I had was that it wasn't connecting properly to my computer. The screen kept on shutting down, turning back on and shutting down after a few seconds. The device also showed up improperly as an empty portable device, and kept on reconnecting and disconnecting. Changing USB ports didn't help. After a while of messing with the cable I had that somehow fixed and copied some music into the player and disconnected it from my computer. Then I find out the battery's not even half loaded after four hours or charging, which is... weird.

The next actual problem is that for some reason the MP3 player doesn't read my ID3 tags correctly. Only the files that weren't encoded with LAME were recognized, and everything else showed up as unrecognized. How am I supposed to (re)tag the files? The media player I'm using, foobar2000, shows both ID3v1 and ID3v2 in the tag types for my files.

Thirdly, the problem with the constant powering down of the screen and the device constantly connecting and disconnecting with my comp returned. and this time I couldn't find a way to fix it. I'll try rebooting my computer and report back. I still need an answer to the second question in any case.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]