android
Old 04-20-2010, 06:37 AM

Default Sony Walkman NWZ-S639F - album artwork?

hi all

i have a NWZ-S639F, and usually sync it via WMP11, including dragging and dropping artwork onto the albums which works fine.

however I just uploaded a bunch of albums onto the player, but forgot to include artwork. WMP11 won't allow me to drag and drop artwork onto albums already on the player.

is there anyway of updating albums already on the player with album artwork?
the only alternative i can find so far is to take off all non-artworked albums from the player, drag/drop artwork onto albums on the PC, then re-sync. which is a bit of a pain!

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-20-2010, 06:47 AM
Banned

You can't edit files that are already on the player. Don't use WMP - it always messes up album art. Tag your files with art using Mp3Tag http://www.mp3tag.de/en/

Then drag and drop them to your Sony using Explorer on your PC.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:08 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretmachines View Post
hi all

i have a NWZ-S639F, and usually sync it via WMP11, including dragging and dropping artwork onto the albums which works fine.

however I just uploaded a bunch of albums onto the player, but forgot to include artwork. WMP11 won't allow me to drag and drop artwork onto albums already on the player.

is there anyway of updating albums already on the player with album artwork?
the only alternative i can find so far is to take off all non-artworked albums from the player, drag/drop artwork onto albums on the PC, then re-sync. which is a bit of a pain!
I'm pretty sure you'll have to remove them and re-sync them again.

And I have to agree with Dreamnine....don't use WMP. If you don't want to just drag and drop your files onto the player, at least choose a better alternative to WMP, like Mediamonkey, Winamp, J. River Media Jukebox, etc.

Last edited by Marvin the Martian; 04-20-2010 at 07:13 AM.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM

cheers guys

i've actually found WMP11 surprisingly easy to use, and not had any issues with it? why don't people like it?

Old 04-20-2010, 02:18 PM

Everytime I encounter WMP on a stranger's machine I find it quite enjoyable too. But I never used it enough to experience its issues. Every media player I've tried has major issues by the way.

Old 04-20-2010, 02:47 PM
Banned

I use it as a player on my netbook and for scrobbling to last.fm, occasionally also to sync wmv files to my Sony X, but I would poke both my own eyes out before I would sync music files with it.

It always messed up album art and tried to convert perfectly good mp3s to wmas without asking.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:18 AM

I haven't had any issues with syncing music files with WMP 12. Maybe they made better improvements over 11. All my artwork shows up perfectly and well organized. Plus it automatically updates my Walkman whenever I make changes in WMP like deleting or adding an album or changing a album's artwork and stuff. I highly recommend using it.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:31 PM

While a Sony walkman reads the image inside the tags, the album art sync is not mandatory.
I put my own album art images inside my music files. So what I expect from a media manager is a clear setup for its policy, whether it uses my local file (cover.jpg, etc), a downloaded one or just leave that issue alone.

I don't know if you can override the tag by syncing another image with MTP, after the file is copied. Nice idea for an experiment...