android
Old 04-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Default Sansa E260 SD card

My grandson has the Sansa E260 4GB and has an SD (mini) card.
How is this used? We do not see any information in the small leaflet that was included nor on the Manual on the CD.
Can anyone tell us what this (4GB) card can be used for?
Or should we contact Sansa Support? If so, how do we do tht.

Alice

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-22-2010, 01:51 PM

Do you know if RockBox is installed on the Sansa? It is an OS made by aficionados and is no way sanctioned by Sansa (Sandisk).

Not an issue if not. If you are using the original firmware OS then there should be a setting in settings for the SD slot to be recognized.
With knowledge, comes great power.
With power, comes great responsibility.
With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:11 PM

BobbyZ,
If you connect via MSC it shows up as a separate directory in Win Explorer and you can drag & drop to both the main sansa memory music folder and the separate card directory. To see the folders, on options in Win Exp you should have view all files turned on. When viewing the music files on the e260 the files are integrated but the ones from the card will have a little icon in front of them indicating that they’re from the card.

If you use MTP, you have to use some software to sync to the e260 and I believe it shows up on your software as one directory. By software I mean WMP, MediaMonkey, WinAmp, etc… Sorry I don’t remember for sure as I’ve been running rockbox on mine for too long and don’t use the original firmware at all.

abi >> | Forum Rules | Glossary | Why Rockbox | FLAC or MP3? | irc

Old 04-22-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
BobbyZ,
… Sorry I don’t remember for sure as I’ve been running rockbox on mine for too long and don’t use the original firmware at all.
heh, you and me both
With knowledge, comes great power.
With power, comes great responsibility.
With responsibility, comes great wisdom.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP62 View Post
Do you know if RockBox is installed on the Sansa? It is an OS made by aficionados and is no way sanctioned by Sansa (Sandisk).

Not an issue if not. If you are using the original firmware OS then there should be a setting in settings for the SD slot to be recognized.
Nothing in Settings for SD. Only USB, which is set to MSC.

I've been told that 4GB micro card will not work with this e260.
The version is:01.02.24A and thought when I plugged into USB it would 'automatically update' the version, firmware, etc. But guess not.

Alice

Old 04-24-2010, 07:55 AM

Only way for automatic firmware updates is with the sansa firmware updater installed on your PC, but I would never recommend it, it sucks. I would recommend learning the manual way only.

And I believe your right about not supporting 4gb cards, as I said I don’t use the original firmware on my e260 and rockbox doesn’t have any issues with them or larger AFAIK.

Old 04-24-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkGood View Post
Only way for automatic firmware updates is with the sansa firmware updater installed on your PC, but I would never recommend it, it sucks. I would recommend learning the manual way only.

And I believe your right about not supporting 4gb cards, as I said I don’t use the original firmware on my e260 and rockbox doesn’t have any issues with them or larger AFAIK.
Thank you.

#1 - You said: " I would recommend learning the manual way only." What is that please?
#2 - What is "rockbox?" Would I be able to use it if we have v01.02.24A? Does it uninstall Sansa 'firmware," etc.?

Alice

Last edited by BobbyZ; 04-24-2010 at 08:29 AM.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
#1 - You said: " I would recommend learning the manual way only." What is that please?
Determine if you have a v1 or v2 by looking at your current version on the player, download the latest firmware, connect player to pc in MSC mode, unzip fw and drag & drop onto the root of the player (the newly created drive letter you see in win exp). Disconnect player and let it upgrade the firmware till completed, do not touch any buttons. If it's v1 you have, here's the latest Firmware v1 01.02.24a

Quote:
#2 - What is "rockbox?" Would I be able to use it if we have v01.02.24A? Does it uninstall Sansa 'firmware," etc.?
probably best if you read through here. When installed, you can either boot to the original firmware or rockbox if you wish, no it doesn’t uninstall sansa firmware, it’s alternative firmware and far superior!!!

Edit: Just found this link, it might help too ... http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=13521

Last edited by WalkGood; 04-24-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:44 PM

Just received the 2GB micro Sandisk we ordered. We put it into the Sansa and now we can see a Drive G: in Explorer (Drive F: being the Sansa). I transferred (copy/paste) some songs onto it and I could see they were transferred.
I unplugged from the USB port, but when the Sansa was turned on, I couldn't see those songs anywhere. The songs that were already on the Sansa were the only ones showing.
Should I have formatted the micro card? I didn't think so and that is why I didn't.
I thought as soon as I inserted the card into the Sansa, the Sansa would 'automatically' switch over to the card and just play the songs that were on the micro.
The version that shows in settings is: V1.02.24A, which I believe is latest. Set to MSC. When I insert card, it says "Refreshing Data Base." And then Sansa screen opens and still original songs.
I am at a loss now as to what else to do.

Alice

Just received the 2GB micro Sandisk we ordered. We put it into the Sansa and now we can see a Drive G: in Explorer (Drive F: being the Sansa). I transferred (copy/paste) some songs onto it and I could see they were transferred.
I unplugged from the USB port, but when the Sansa was turned on, I couldn't see the new songs anywhere. The songs that were already on the Sansa were the only ones showing.

I thought as soon as I inserted the card into the Sansa, the Sansa would 'automatically' switch over to the card and just play the songs that were on the micro.

Should I have formatted the micro card? I didn't think so and that is why I didn't.
The version that shows in settings is: V1.02.24A, which I believe is latest. Set to MSC. When I insert card, it says "Refreshing Database." And then Sansa screen opens and still original songs.
I am at a loss now as to what else to do..... How to get Sansa to recognize the micro card (even though I can see it in Exploer as Drive G:.)

Alice

Add-On:

Just found the micro card on my Sanssa. I looked in the Albums and saw Unknown Album, and when I looked in there I see all the 12 songs I copy/pasted from computer to the Sansa. However, they only show as Track 1.mp3. I changed the names before the transfer, but the Track 1.mp3, etc. are still showing in the Sansa. When I attach the Sansa to the computer and look in Drive G: I see the names (of each song) as they should be.

Would you know why, when I disconnect the Sansa from computer and then look in Albums/Unknown Album and then the Track 1, Track 2, etc.?

Thanks

Message Edited by bobbyz on 04-27-2010 09:35 AM

Last edited by BobbyZ; 04-27-2010 at 08:45 AM.