android
Old 04-24-2010, 11:43 AM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

Default Sound files get deleted for app

When I updated my player alot of the apps were crashing and that was because there sound files disapered. Anyone know why this would happen?

Last edited by jbob182; 04-24-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 04-24-2010, 01:14 PM

You'll have to be more specific with what is happening with each app, just giving a list like this isn't really providing any of the information we need to find a problem.
I suspect the problem may be with resource handling since you have so many apps, and I know that a great deal of people have forgotten to close resources at the end of their code. So if you run many apps then the resources in the memory can build up and eventually it crashes.

I have helped with a number of those apps and practically written all of the code for them, so I know they should be working perfectly fine with resource closing and all. The same goes for my Black Jack game, though I'd understand more if there's an error in that one since its code is many times longer than the others I've helped with on the list.

Also, were you able to recreate the crashes? And recreate them after restarting the player? If restarting the player makes the apps not crash ten I can almost guarantee it's a resource handling issue.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 04-24-2010, 01:18 PM

ill check

Old 04-24-2010, 01:20 PM

I have tried and they crash after start up like black jack ill post pictures of some of the apps

it was black jack v1.3 ill give 2.0.1 a try

Old 04-24-2010, 01:26 PM

black jack 2.0.1 does not crash

Old 04-24-2010, 02:01 PM

It sounds to me as if you're missing the audio files associated with the application. You should double check if they are where they should be by re-downloading them.

Another possibility is the resource problem I mentioned earlier where it is unable to load the sound necessary and when it is trying to play it it crashes.

Old 04-24-2010, 02:26 PM

your right all the sounds got deleted some how

Old 04-24-2010, 02:44 PM

I see, no idea how that could've happened though. Glad it was fixable at least.