android
Old 05-02-2010, 01:31 PM

Default Video plays great, Audio is slow

So my last post was about getting the video converted. Thanks to helpful users on ABI all those issues were resolved.

So now I am playing the converted movie on the P3 and while the video looks good, the audio is playing extremely slow. Speeding up the playback leaves the video playing the same and speeds up the audio but no where near enough to sound like normal speech.

I used formatfactory, used MP4 Mobile Device Compatible 480X272 AVC Wide. I did not make any other changes.

Any hints to get the audio to match the video?

Thanks.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-02-2010, 03:08 PM

This is "normal" for formatfactory if you change any sampl or bitrate of audio or video...
the program doesn´t render the video, but change the timecode,.. so if your settings are not the same as the input you get shit...
try to use another converter like DivX 7 or ffmpeg or Adobe Media Encoder (if you have Premiere Pro CS4)

Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM

Do you have that playback problem on the P3 only or do you have the same issue when watching the video on your computer? If you have the same issue on your computer you can exclude the P3 as the root of your problem. In that case you might have to tweak your encoder settings. (Or reencode the audio and mux it with your working video.)

Old 05-03-2010, 10:35 AM

I had that problem with an old computer. Now, new notebook and no problems anymore. Maybe processor not good enough or something. I don't know. You can also try MediaCoder to convert videos. But i'm not a big fan of it.
@Carsten: change bitrate alot and always works, so...
@bamboozle: i don't think that the p3 is the problem. Nobody every got this problem.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Finally had time to check the converted video on my laptop and it did have the same audio problem. The laptop is about 6 months old and is top of the line as I run CAD on it.

Going to try another conversion software as I don't have a clue how to do the other things mentioned.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:11 PM

Try using super its the program I use for all my video conversions for mobile media

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html