android
Old 05-09-2010, 07:17 AM

Default Bitmap bits missing on display

I have created two bitmaps using two different pixel editors that consist of a white box on a black background.
Both bitmaps (bmp) display in the simulator with 1 to 3 missing pixels close to the top right corner of each bitmap. They show black instead of white.
It does not matter where on the screen they are displayed the problem persists.
I have rechecked the bitmaps and they are perfect in every program.

The appearance is as if there is a mis-count in the bmp display routine.

Can anybody please offer a solution or is it a bug in the firmware?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-09-2010, 07:43 AM

Ah, saw this on FB profile's discussion board and suspected it might be you =P I wasn't sure so I checked back here and sure enough, you had already posted it here too which is what I'd have suggested ^^

I have no idea what might be causing this problem out of the blue, it would help a lot if you posted the bitmaps and the code you use for displaying them so we can take a look at it.
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 PM

I could not find how to post a new thread on FB, maybe you can tell me.
Attached is one of the bitmaps and the program. It doesnt matter where it goes on screen and it does the same on the simulator and the x-fi2. That says it is the bitmap but it does it with several of a similar nature that I produced.
That says it is the pixel editor saving a duff file, so I used two different ones.
Always the same.
When looking at the bitmap in Windows etc. it looks fine.
That says to me that something is possibly wrong with the bitmap loader or of course it is me and I have missed something I cannot see.

Please have a look at this for me.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp grid5x5x30r.bmp (3.0 KB, 7 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Main.txt (362 Bytes, 3 views)

Old 05-09-2010, 01:03 PM

Your editor must've done something weird with it because I opened it up in photoshop and re-saved the bitmap as a 1bit bmp and it is now working.

One thing also, you should have a main loop which catches the app instead of a long wait. That way you can keep it up for as long as you want until you press the home button.

Exchange your wait with this (Just so you won't have to write it all yourself =P):
Code:
while true do 
	if (control.read()==1) then
		if (control.isTouch() == 1) and (touch.click() == 1) then --Screen is clicked
			--Do nothing
		elseif (control.isButton()==1 and button.click() == 1) then	--Home btn is pressed
			break --break main loop
		end
	else
	  os.sleep(10)	
  end
end
Attached Images
File Type: bmp grid5x5x30r.bmp (3.0 KB, 2 views)
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Old 05-09-2010, 01:13 PM

I am grateful Habhome. I cannot understand what Axialis and Pixel Editor both do wrong.
Is it possible that there is something to do with transparency?? I did save as B/W only, but maybe that is not what came out. I will test further.
Thank you also for the correct 'way out' code.