android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Samsung > Samsung P3

Old 06-24-2010, 08:16 PM

Worked like a charm. And the added info of the problem helped me copy my DNS section over and not break the playlist. Thanks for the fast action in getting the converter back to operating status.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-24-2010, 08:31 PM

WOW GNAC THANK YOU IT's A DREAM COME TRUE!!!

Old 06-25-2010, 06:14 PM

Hey Gnac, is there anyway to add a save DNSe configurations feature? Right now we have to manually add our DNSe settings each browser session.

I typically have two configurations I use, one for headphones and one for speakers. At this moment, I use UltraEdit and just add the DNSe section to a converted playlist to save myself time and effort. It would be nice to just pick one of my "saved" configurations upon convertion so as to only have to setup the DNSe once per configuration instead of everytime I goto your page.

Not sure if it's possible, but definitely would be a nice feature in my opinion.

Old 07-12-2010, 04:47 PM

Does anyone know why mine aren't working?

No matter if i make a .m3u playlist and convert it with the online converter in the first post, or if i try to make a .spl playlist manually, I still have no luck on the P3 playing it...

The filename will show up under "Playlists" in the Music part of the P3 but once i click on it it just says "No File."

Does anyone know what is going wrong?

Old 07-14-2010, 02:30 AM

First off, the m3u file must be made using the files on the P3. Meaning you must connect the P3 to the PC and then add files to the playlist from the P3. Then you save the playlist as the m3u. Then you can use the converter and it will work.

Manually making the spl is precarious. The file format from what I recall needs to be UTF-8 and even then it can fail as we just found out not long ago when the lines didn't end with the 0D 00 0A 00 and instead ended with 0A 00. File format was UTF-8 and yet still failed.

I use Winamp, plug the P3 into the PC, than add files -> P3 drive -> Music -> Artist -> mp3's. On my PC the P3 shows up as Drive F: your's may be a different drive letter. Then I save the playlist in m3u format. Then convert here and all works well.

Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers

Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 AM

uhh this site not working now? i have an error of 404 thing

Old 08-06-2010, 11:41 PM

The recent 404s were caused by some sort of server maintenance at my host, Heliohost. as long as the script is being used, I won't remove it.

I'm considering a rewrite to clean up the code, and to include some sort of cookie-based form state retrieval (after I get better at JavaScript, because that stuff makes my brain weep). A standalone version will be updated and made available around that time.

Old 08-08-2010, 10:09 PM

Thumb Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnac View Post
The recent 404s were caused by some sort of server maintenance at my host, Heliohost. as long as the script is being used, I won't remove it.

I'm considering a rewrite to clean up the code, and to include some sort of cookie-based form state retrieval (after I get better at JavaScript, because that stuff makes my brain weep). A standalone version will be updated and made available around that time.
Sounds Awesome, thanks Gnac

Old 08-30-2010, 02:15 PM

I'm not sure if this is an issue with the online converter, or me being dumb, but I thought I should report this:

I tried uploading a .m3u8 playlist (so the encoding for the file is UTF-8 with BOM) with foreign characters in it. Here's a sample of what the file looks like:

化物語.m3u8:
Code:
#EXTM3U
N:\Music\アニソン\化物語\supercell - 君の知らない物語\01 君の知らない物語.flac
N:\Music\アニソン\化物語\化物語2 特典CD(帰り道 & あとがたり完全版)\01 帰り道.flac
N:\Music\アニソン\化物語\化物語 BD第3巻 するがモンキー 特典CD 「ambivalent world」&あとがたり\01 ambivalent world.flac
N:\Music\アニソン\化物語\化物語 第四巻 なでこスネイク 特典CD 「恋愛サーキュレーション」&あとがたり完全版\01 恋愛サーキュレーション.flac
When I open 化物語.m3u8 in Notepad++, the characters display correctly.

However, when I upload it to the online SPL playlist converter and save the resulting .spl file, all the foreign characters seem to be converted to UTF-16 Little Endian (UCS-2 Little Endian) incorrectly.

This is what the resulting .spl file from the online converter looks like:

化物語2.spl:
Code:
SPL PLAYLIST
VERSION 2.00

\Music\????\???\supercell - ????????\01 ????????.flac
\Music\????\???\???2 ??CD???? & ????????)\01 ???.flac
\Music\????\???\??? BD?3? ??????? ??CD ?ambivalent world???????\01 ambivalent world.flac
\Music\????\???\??? ??? ??????? ??CD ??????????????????????\01 ???????????.flac

END PLAYLIST
I am not asking for help to make SPL playlists (since the online converter doesn't seem to properly work for my file names, I just created my SPL files manually by copying the M3U8, editing the absolute paths to relative ones, removing the M3U header and adding the proper SPL header and footer, and finally converting to UCS-2 LE on my own). Basically, my manually created playlists work fine for me.

However, I am reporting this problem I discovered with the online converter because it would be great if this issue could be resolved. But if the bad encoding conversion from the online converter is my fault, please let me know so I can properly use the online converter.

Edit: Oh, also, I was wondering if it might be possible to release an offline implementation of the converter. It would be nice to have for use "on-the-go" if there's no internet around (or if the server the online converter is on explodes). It would also be nice for batch conversions.

Last edited by mauzel; 08-30-2010 at 02:36 PM.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauzel View Post
I'm not sure if this is an issue with the online converter, or me being dumb, but I thought I should report this:
This is caused by a bug with PHP's utf8_decode(). The script no longer relies on that function, so it should work OK now.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnac View Post
This is caused by a bug with PHP's utf8_decode(). The script no longer relies on that function, so it should work OK now.
Great, thanks for the quick fix. Works for me now.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:51 AM

I think the website might just be dead.

D:

Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekkai View Post
I think the website might just be dead.

D:
Worked fine for me on Saturday. I used Winamp to create my m3u directly off the P3. Then converted it without any issue. Listened to the new playlist while heading downtown that same day. *shrug*

And now this morning, it's failing with a lovely 404.

Quite frusterating.

Last edited by TomCat39; 09-22-2010 at 10:05 AM.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:10 AM

The 404 we see this morning.

Really would like this web app in a standalone package we could run locally.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The404.JPG (59.0 KB, 9 views)

Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 AM

And now it's back this morning. *sigh*

Guess we just have to keep trying and eventually it works. ;p

Old 10-01-2010, 12:06 PM

oo... really! no wonder! so its just not me ... WHEW

Old 12-22-2010, 05:47 PM

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbjumb View Post
oo... really! no wonder! so its just not me ... WHEW
Yeah not just you.

This morning Dec 22, 2010 I got an Internal Server error when I hit Submit on the converter.

Can I say again..... STAND ALONE method requested!

Old 01-04-2011, 12:54 PM

The "converted" subs make my P3 crash. I think those are totally useless. Haven't tried the playlists yet.

Tags
converter, p3, playlist, spl