android
Old 05-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebellium View Post
It's for an internal use only normaly. This tool has not been made for the public, only for the after-sales service center, that's why this FWDN version is unstable, and may be dangerous (it can destroy/burn your chipset). I cannot share it without making an accurate tutorial
I would think this in itself would make this a shouldn't share period sort of thing.

Even with accurate tutorials, there will be some people who would fry there P3 and they will look at you, not their own fallacies.

Not only would you be sharing copyrighted material, but you could potentially have a small mob of angry dead P3 owners coming after you.

Is the risk worth it?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 05-27-2010, 10:19 AM

yeah, lebellium and tomcat, I guess you guys are right.
fewer fried P3's = less ppl getting mad on the forums.
however, if you do get the time to make a tutorial, I would love to see it

Old 05-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Samsung Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomCat39 View Post
I would think this in itself would make this a shouldn't share period sort of thing.

Even with accurate tutorials, there will be some people who would fry there P3 and they will look at you, not their own fallacies.

Not only would you be sharing copyrighted material, but you could potentially have a small mob of angry dead P3 owners coming after you.

Is the risk worth it?
That's exactly why I still hesitate. That might help some people who don't want to pay or who cannot afford the repair at the after-sales service center (if they have no guarantee anymore) but for sure there are always people who don't read every word of a tutorial and then who would ask for help because that does not work on their P3 or, worse, because that destroyed it. For the P2 that was useful because many people bricked their device while upgrading it with a new firmware. But it seems that there is not such a problem for the P3.
But anyway, Electron now you know that if one day you brick your P3, I have the recovery tool

Last edited by lebellium; 05-27-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
But anyway, Electron now you know that if one day you brick your P3, I have the recovery tool
ok, sounds like a deal!

Old 05-27-2010, 08:11 PM

I hope you aren't thinking, "Alright, now what mods can I pull off, I'll just get Lebellium to unbrick it for me!" ;-p

Aren't you the one who threw your P3 against the wall to test durability? hehe

Old 05-27-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I hope you aren't thinking, "Alright, now what mods can I pull off, I'll just get Lebellium to unbrick it for me!" ;-p

Aren't you the one who threw your P3 against the wall to test durability? hehe
I may or may not be thinking this...

and I didn't throw it against a wall per say, but I did toss it onto a carpeted floor. (yeah, my origional post saying that was a little over-exaggerated )

Old 06-01-2010, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by electron View Post
woah! I had a "dead spot" on my touchscreen in the upper right corner, and after upgrading to 6.D, it went away. This is awesome stuff!!
man you're lucky
i was hoping it'd do the same for me, but sadly, it's not to be.
my P3 screen is about 95% dead - only the 3 icons in my first column on the left work, and the "go back button". i cant even get to "settings" to see what my current firmware is or anything..
being in Australia doesn't help either.
i wonder why there are so many faults in the screen with some P3s and meticulously flawless in others?

Old 06-02-2010, 12:12 AM

Whew, my P3 froze for about ten seconds on the boot screen after I had restarted it (after putting in the file). I was worried, but it works fine.

*The touch update does make a difference in my opinion! Much smoother list-scrolling.*

Old 06-02-2010, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Raven View Post
Whew, my P3 froze for about ten seconds on the boot screen after I had restarted it (after putting in the file). I was worried, but it works fine.

*The touch update does make a difference in my opinion! Much smoother list-scrolling.*
That's funny, same thing happened to me with the 2.22 firmware. Upon reboot is sat at my splash screen for 20 seconds or so. I too got a little stressed.

Patience won out. I walked away, came back a minute later and all was well.

The sense of relief was almost overwhelming. I think I love my P3.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
That's funny, same thing happened to me with the 2.22 firmware. Upon reboot is sat at my splash screen for 20 seconds or so. I too got a little stressed.

I too love my P3 (as far as "electronic love" goes...well, no, not that far, but you get my drift). Finally, someone who agrees with me about the P3.

Old 06-04-2010, 01:34 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Raven View Post
I too love my P3 (as far as "electronic love" goes...well, no, not that far, but you get my drift). Finally, someone who agrees with me about the P3.
Well, I'm easy to please. I only use my player for music. So the sound quality is phenominal and the player is easy to navigate for myself. Oh and I was able to customize my UCI with widgets.

If I wanted more from my DAP, I probably would have gone with the unmentionable in the phone version so I'd have all the apps and wifi etc.

I must say, I'm keeping my ear to the ground on this new Viliv P3 player everyone is talking about. I'm waiting to see if the sound quality is comparable. I think I can sacrafice the bluetooth for WiFi. But then again, I don't use bluetooth as often as I used too, but the WiFi might see a lot of use. That is if there is a lot of app development for the Viliv player.... Only time will tell. I'm not due for another player of any sort for at least a year. So really something even more brilliant might come around by then. For now, my P3 is more than enough.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
That's exactly why I still hesitate. That might help some people who don't want to pay or who cannot afford the repair at the after-sales service center (if they have no guarantee anymore) but for sure there are always people who don't read every word of a tutorial and then who would ask for help because that does not work on their P3 or, worse, because that destroyed it. For the P2 that was useful because many people bricked their device while upgrading it with a new firmware. But it seems that there is not such a problem for the P3.
Is the the FWDN.exe application? Samsung has made the file available for the P2. Apparently they have let the Genie out the bottle for the P2. Maybe there is a different/newer version for the P3?

Old 06-07-2010, 12:12 AM

thanks a lot lebellium, the screen is more responsive and responds more accurate now. I guess because my P3 originally came with touch 6D so this helps my P3 more than yours. Recently I almost returned my P3 because it was so inaccurate.
To tell the truth, before I copied the file to my P3, I hadn't thought it would change anything but the version name since the file size is just 8KB, but it did change my screen a lot.

Old 06-07-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:

that is the best feeling in the world, if you ask me

Old 06-29-2010, 11:30 PM

I thought I'd genuinely bricked it when the screen stayed black for 10 seconds before showing the boot screen and then staying on that for a further 20-30 seconds. But it was worth it! Scrolling through songs is a lot more accurate for me, and scrolling through menus - and going from menu to menu is a LOT faster for me. This is fantastic!

Old 06-30-2010, 12:53 AM

i can't get the bin file...
every time i try to unpack the rar file, it says

an error has occured while expanding the file PSOC.RAR(FORMAT ERROR OCCURED)

error #17540

can i fix it? or should i just forget about it?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:00 PM

MY P3 with this update of touch screen is much better answering.........more faster and sensibility.

Thanks for share that firmware!

Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 AM

Same thing as others, P3 blocked for 10 sec after rebooting with the new file... But then it woke up and all is fine : I feel also that it is more responsive especially with lists (album list with covers is really better).

Thanks Lebellium for sharing it with us !

Old 10-18-2010, 08:28 PM

Well this still doesn't fix the dead spots of the screen for me, but it does make it smoother and a LOT quicker to respond to touches. Lebellium, you're awesome

Old 10-19-2010, 10:53 AM
Samsung Moderator

Unfortunately it seems 6.D only fixed the dead spots issue for the member Electron...

Tags
6.c, 6.d, p3, samsung, touch, upgrade, version, yepp, yp-p3