android
Old 06-15-2010, 05:01 PM

Angry Help with Video ...

Hey
I have a P3 and have tried repeatedly, to put videos on it, i have tried every video format i think and i cannot get it to work ...
Any instructions on how to put them on and a list of known supported formats (As the box tells you jack **** )
Thanks or any help

-- Marc

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-15-2010, 09:46 PM

Default Transfer video File

you must transfer video file use emodio, or you must convert you'r video files first before you transfer to P3 using program Any Video Converter:
-select Customized WMV Movie
-Video Codec WMV 9
-Video Size 480x272

Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Hey
I have a P3 and have tried repeatedly, to put videos on it, i have tried every video format i think and i cannot get it to work ...
Any instructions on how to put them on and a list of known supported formats (As the box tells you jack **** )
Thanks or any help

-- Marc
which format are they..and which firmware have you installed...???
if they are MPEG you will never get them played..if they are wmv or mp4 then they will playabel easily...if they are in avi with DivX you have to install firmware 2.07 or later...

the list of supported formats are on the samsung hompage and in the handbook for the p3

to put them on the p3 set your player in ums mode (->settings->system->pc connection->ums)...then copy the file on the player into the video-folder...the p3 will now be recognized as a massstorage device, which is name p3..

and.. donīt use Emodio....if you want to use a mediaplayer use wmp or winamp or any other good mediaplyer but not emodio...

Old 06-16-2010, 09:16 PM

Try updating your firmware to the latest 2.22 if you havent.That should get the video mode format corrected.Just try and let me know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silence1408 View Post
Hey
Thanks or any help

-- Marc

Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 PM

Thanks for all your help.

Yes i have the newest firmware.
Why doesn't MPEG-4 work ?
I'll try Emodio if that dosn't work i'll try converting to the other formats ...
it's annoying me cause i'm going away soon and want some videos but nothing seems to work

Again thanks for the replies
--- marc

Old 06-17-2010, 02:40 PM

maybe the main profile is to high..you only can use a simple profile with level 1.3 the information at samsung mobile said...but i also have used level 3.0 so...you have to try with your videoconverter adn try to test it with short movies like podcasts...

and emodio has a problem with audiosync....
try to sync your player with wmp 12....it will automaticaly convert the files to wmv...the quality isnīt very good but you can play them very well....

Old 06-18-2010, 06:26 AM

Thanks again.

Update:
I got the video thing to work for a while (iPlayer) however i had to update the firmware again due to menu problems, but for some reason my device keeps saying that the user rights for the iPlayer programme are not present or something like that ... i download them again and they say the same thing ..
and Emodio works for me no problems atm.

Old 06-19-2010, 02:31 PM

noob question...but... what is iPlayer...?

Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 AM

Hi, I suggest format factory, choose the option "all to mobile device" then select any widescreen option (MP4 480x272 AVC gives smallest file). If you have 2.22. this will work.
I think noone here uses Emodio.

All I do to have videos on my P3 is use Format Factory and copy the file to the player.

@Carsten: Google it
edit: it's not Apple.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:36 AM

I have just purchased a YP-P3 from Australia, for use here in New Zealand (can't find them for sale here !!)
I use Linux almost exclusively, and found these two links very helpful:
http://savvyadmin.com/dvd-to-xvid-en...-with-mencoder
http://en.linuxreviews.org/HOWTO_Con...#XviD_Encoding

I have used these commands to convert any video file that plays on the P3.

First, install lsdvd:
sudo apt-get install lsdvd

To get information about titles on the DVD:
lsdvd /dev/dvd

Use lsdvd again to gather additional information about video properties of this specific title, in this case title 1:
lsdvd -v -t 1 /dev/dvd

Use mplayer to play this title, in this case title 1, and verify it’s the one you want.
mplayer dvd://1

Then rip your title straight from the DVD:
mencoder -oac mp3lame -lameopts mode=3reset=24 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq:vbitrate=384:keyint=250 -vf expand="400:272" -o outputfile.avi dvd://'your title number'

Of course, instead of ripping straight from a dvd, substitute your file name for 'dvd://'your title number'

Tags
p3, video