android
Old 06-22-2010, 09:47 PM

Unhappy Zune Software loading music multiple times.

Hello,

I have used the zune software for sometime now and and a couple of days after version 4.2.202.0 (latest version) was installed zune suddenly re-added all of my music. This resulted in the mass duplication of all of my songs! So not is show 2 rows for each band. It didn't how ever actually duplicate the files.

Thinking it was a strange glitch I re-installed and then removed all watch folder except specifically the one I keep my music in and it was fine for 1 day. The next day though it again duplicated my music.

I tried searching the internet for answers but I could not find any related posts. Has anyone come acrossed this problem before?

Let me know if you need any other information,

Thanks,
TheRose

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Zune media collection reset tool will fix this. It's a tool that resets your zune collection database (a file the software creates and uses to manage your stuff- which sometimes gets confused.) It isn't reset by a reinstall (usually a good thing.) Running this tool will then force you to redo some of your (tweaked) zune software settings, and resubscribe to podcasts.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:42 PM

Red face Thanks,

Mike,

Thank you for your quick response; the program worked quite well and my zune library is back to normal.

Hopefully it wont duplicate its self tomorrow!

Thanks again,
TheRose

Old 07-16-2010, 07:54 AM

Exclamation The Software duplicated my music again.

Mike,

My Zune software was fine up until now when I plugged in my Zune right away in the morning to add a couple more songs and it duplicated my music again.

I am sure the above mentioned fix will work again but that is too much hassle to go through every time this happens.

Thanks,
theRose

Old 07-16-2010, 08:01 AM

Exclamation Long seemingly pointless syncs...

I know I am complaining at this point but...

Why is it that every time I plug in my Zune I have to wait 10-15 minutes for it to sync each song 1 to 3 times? I cant even add songs until it is done. I even have everything on total manual sync (because otherwise Zune likes to delete my music...) but I can't stop this sync.

Also is there a no-nonsense simple music updater out there for Zune? I don't need pretty, I need something that works.

Again sorry for the complaints,
theRose

Old 07-16-2010, 10:12 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRose View Post
Mike,

My Zune software was fine up until now when I plugged in my Zune right away in the morning to add a couple more songs and it duplicated my music again.

I am sure the above mentioned fix will work again but that is too much hassle to go through every time this happens.

Thanks,
theRose
That means the database got confused again. Yes, the tool will work but perhaps you are better off figuring out why this is happening. The only thing I've seen that can create this situation is making to many file moves or file edits on content without letting the zune software run in the background. So, open up zune and minimize it if you do anything that modifies your files or folders for zune content...

Old 07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Sub-Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by theRose View Post
I know I am complaining at this point but...

Why is it that every time I plug in my Zune I have to wait 10-15 minutes for it to sync each song 1 to 3 times? I cant even add songs until it is done. I even have everything on total manual sync (because otherwise Zune likes to delete my music...) but I can't stop this sync.

Also is there a no-nonsense simple music updater out there for Zune? I don't need pretty, I need something that works.

Again sorry for the complaints,
theRose
1) Sync...? or updating? I suspect updating. It's counting your playcounts and sync'ing those to your collection.
2) Manual sync is a bad choice for most folks. You give up lots of good features, including autoplaylists. On auto sync, your software sync's changes in your collection to your device. It will only do that, so if it deletes something from your device, it's because of a change on the PC (song removed, autoplaylist refreshed, etc.) You can definitely manage this to avoid issues if you look into it. It's pretty well covered in the online user guide, but post away if you have questions.

But, the slowness is strange... You may want to reinstall the USB driver.

Last edited by NSILMike; 07-16-2010 at 01:30 PM.