Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member
Help Noob question#7649 - Playlists, FuzeV2 and Rockbox

Did a search of the forums and online - not too much definitive/recent info on this that I have found...Apologies if I missed something...

Using the stock FW on the Fuze in MSC mode and with either YAPL and/or video4Fuze, i was able to create several mixed media content playlists [utilizing songs from both main mem and microSDHC]. Problem of course is that the files are .pla and RockBox seems only to understand .m3u8 files.

I am starting to understand the RB playlist/dynamic playlist concept - however, I love using and creating playlists and sadly find the RB method of on device playlist creation a bit cumbersome for my needs.

- Can RB understand and correctly play .pla files? I thought I read that somewhere in the Fuze/RB manual...
- Are there any [free] 3rd party apps that will correctly convert .pla files to .m3u8 files?
- Should all playlist files live in the Fuze root Playlist folder and will RB access them from there?

Thanks in advance - and yes, RB continues to impress me on a daily basis!
<Did I thank you RB folks today?>

DAPs:2xRBFuze8+16GB|SonyE345|ZenV+,Micro,Xtra40GBx2|RBG igabeatFX|RCAOpal
IEMs:PanaHJE900|Nuforce 700x|HippoVB|iMetal590,i490|SM PL-21|CX300|EP630,Aurvana
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Last edited by lestatar; 06-29-2010 at 12:58 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]