android
Go Back   abi>>forums > MP3 Players By Brand > Creative > Zen V

Old 12-19-2006, 02:01 PM

Default Computer doesn't find ZEN V PLUS but it finds the USB-device

Hi,
my computer can't seem to find the Zen V Plus, but it does find it as a usb device. This is annoying me because if the computer can't verify that the device actually is the Zen V Plus, I can't use ZEN V Series Media Explorer or update the firmware.

Computer spesifications:
Dell Inspiron 6000
Win XP SP2 Corporated

In device manager it's registered as a 'Windows Portable Device' -> 'Creative Zen V Plus'. The device status is that's it's working.

The drivers:
Driver provider: Microsoft
Driver date: 31.08.2004
Driver Version 5.2.0.0
Digital Signer: Not digitally signed.

So I tried updating the driver, but it seems to be the newest driver.
When I run WMP 10 it finds the device.

So Ill ask:
Why doesnt Creatives software find the mp3 player ? I want to update the firmware and use Zen V Media Explorer.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 12-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Okay, that's a weird one...

At first glance, it would appear that there's something wrong with the Media Explorer installation - and it might very well be. First, verify that the version of Media Explorer you have installed is the correct version for your player (it should have Zen V in the name). If it is, then consider re-installing it.

If that doesn't fix it, then go to the "Creative Zen V Plus" entry in your Device Manager and remove it. Unplug your player, wait a few seconds, then plug it back in again. Windows should detect it and re-install the drivers.

There's the slight chance that the player's firmware itself might be preventing the Creative software from seeing it, but I'm rather hesitant in recommending removing the player's firmware and re-installing it if there's a good chance the firmware updater won't even see the device. You can try it, but it's at your own risk.

Beyond that, I'm stumped.

Old 12-21-2006, 10:37 PM

same happend to my Zen V + so i took it back and got a new one mow its right as rain

Old 01-15-2007, 05:14 AM

Don't know how, but it actually works now. Very strange since I didn't do anything, except I made it work for ubuntu.

Old 01-17-2007, 09:23 AM

I've had the same problem. Unfortunately for me, none of what Zenchick told worked. I think I'll need to get it replaced. But there is one thing. The minimum requirement says P III 1 Ghz. But my processor is a P III 933 MHz. You think this could be the problem?? I'm frustrated!!!

Old 01-18-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Problem fixed.

Hi all,
My player is finally working. I downloaded SP2 and WMP 11, and it immly recognized the device. Thanks for all your suggestions. Its really a relief, as I was fearing a bigger problem. Thank you everyone, once again.

Nikhil