android
Old 06-28-2008, 04:20 AM

Default Firmware 1.03.02.

Sansa Updater have a new firmware, 1.03.02. Although not on the forum yet, it is suppose to fix the suffle bug for more information, check out:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=7220

Edit(advcomp2019):

Click here for the firmware files for people who do not use the Sansa Updater. You just unzip the file and drag and drop the files to the root of the device like the previous firmwares.

Last edited by advcomp2019; 06-28-2008 at 08:53 AM.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 06-28-2008, 04:23 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I still have the same video issue, tho.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:42 AM

I now have a shuffle bug which I did not have on the previous firmware version. I've also got some graphical corruption as you can see with my images in my thread on the sandisk forum (top link that the OP posted).

Not happy and I may have to go back to the previous version.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:11 PM

Is the shuffle bug where the player hangs after a song is completed until you manually fast forward it to the next track? I have that bug in 1.01.06

Old 07-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Cheers guys.

Does it only fix the one bug? I never use shuffle/random on anything. Thanks though OP.

EDIT: The USB Mode menu now says:

Auto detect
MSC

I guess so newbies don't get confused what to choose. Auto detect means MTP. Have they also fixed the screen flicker issue? I think they have.

Last edited by bradavon; 07-03-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Old 07-05-2008, 07:51 AM

Here's the Sandisk thread:

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/boar...thread.id=7306

::: 01.03.02 Release Notes :::Fixes:
  • Pressing “Now Playing” after a Rhapsody Channel update will cause the View to hang up and must be restarted
  • Audiobook: Audible bookmarks are not recognized by Audible Manager
  • Inconsistent battery life for music playback
  • When a music file’s ID3 tag has no track number and title, player can not sort by file name
  • No pause before scrolling text in select box and music playback window
  • Power saver option does not turn off the player

Enhancements:
  • Added Auto Detect and MSC USB modes
  • Removed skipping of video to the previous/next
  • When the backlight is off, the keys are still responsive: right/left/scroll up/scroll down/menu/option keys
  • Added individual book marking for each video
  • Improved WMV rewind and fast forward performance
I wonder if "Added Auto Detect and MSC USB modes" means it now comes as standard?

Old 07-16-2008, 11:06 AM

After upgrading to this firmware, my shuffle problems are ALMOST gone. The UI doesn't freeze like it used to, although it does still sometimes take a second or two for the UI to "switch" to the current song. The battery life also seems much improved while playing on shuffle. I used to get maybe four hours on shuffle, now I've been listening on shuffle for about 11 hours and I'm at half charge.

There is still one shuffle bug I'm seeing - while the UI doesn't freeze anymore, the current song title seems to not refresh. In other words, everything on the UI will be correctly showing me the current song (artist, album, album art, etc) but the song title itself is from half a dozen songs back. Overall, I can live with that.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:31 AM

Haven't been around here for about a year... have the latest f/w versions fixed the lack album art preview found in 1.0.0.3A? I'm still running 1.0.0.0, believe it or not.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
Ultra Senior Member

As far as I know, the album art preview works on my View with this firmware.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uansari1 View Post
Haven't been around here for about a year... have the latest f/w versions fixed the lack album art preview found in 1.0.0.3A? I'm still running 1.0.0.0, believe it or not.
Album art shows correctly for me.
Be more specific on where the album art is missing. When you are scrolling through to find an artists/album to play? Or when the music is playing and it shows the album art?

Old 12-17-2008, 06:12 PM

is the fast forward any better on this firmware. Cause i have 01.02.09A and its really slow

Old 12-18-2008, 01:48 AM

nope, they would probably have to release a view v2 to probably fix more or all of the issues. I don't see that happening either.

Old 12-20-2008, 04:23 PM

I'll just go ahead and say right off the bat that I'm completely ignorant about this, so here it goes.

I've had my 16gb view ever since they came out, and never upgraded the firmwire because I kept hearing about how the upgraded firmwires would cause problems once installed and blah blah blah. So I just figured I would make do with how it came out of the box, because I wouldn't know the first thing about going back to the previous firmwire.

So, should I upgrade? And, specifically, step by step, how do I do it?

Old 12-21-2008, 07:00 PM

If they can make bookmarks for video...whey can't we have bookmarks for music files for those that use it to listen to audio books?

Why-O-Why can't the fast forward speed up the longer you hold the button?

How hard can these two fixes be !?!

Longing for Rockbox !!!

Old 01-18-2009, 12:19 PM

My View worked perfectly until this latest firmware update. I now have a bug that doesn't go away. WHY is any of this tolerable? I originally bought this POS because I wanted to support a company that sponsored my favorite MotoGP team (Ducati) and this is what I get. This thing is getting tossed in the shitcan and I'm buying something that works right out of the box with no fiddling required. Oh yeah, Ipod! F this thing!!

Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 AM
Ultra Senior Member

I know your feeling. I think they should release new firmware, but it has been a long time tho.
Backup Players: 8GB Sansa View, 2GB Sansa Clip

Old 02-04-2009, 09:05 AM

My biggest current complaint about the firmware is that if I pause my music to take a phone call or do something, the power saver kicks in, when I turn it back on, it defaults to the song when I turned it on the last time.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyjoe42 View Post
My biggest current complaint about the firmware is that if I pause my music to take a phone call or do something, the power saver kicks in, when I turn it back on, it defaults to the song when I turned it on the last time.
Increase your Power Save time.

Old 07-11-2009, 03:27 AM

Default Yet another View firmware problem

I have a 16GB View (BL0710ZRF - 16G) - which I think makes it an 'F' model. Somehow I updated the firmware to 1.03.02a - I don't think the F version exists (?). Perhaps not surprisingly it now crashes when I go to the radio and there are too many other bugs (apparently software) to mention. Clearly I need to go back to the latest and best 'F' firmware version. The Sansa updater thinks I have the latest firmware and doesn't offer to help. So I found 1.02.09F, downloaded and unzipped it, and dragged the 6 files into what I assume is the root directory (shows on Windows Explorer as 'Sansa View' but without a drive designation). I then disconnect theView and reboot it, but the firmware version remains unchanged and the problems remain. Any clues on how to resolve this?
If it helps - the player does not offer an alternative to MSC mode. I am running Vista 32-bit SP2.

Thanks!

Old 04-28-2010, 09:09 AM

Default Auto detect does NOT mean MTP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradavon View Post
Auto detect means MTP.
Not quite! If you're using XNJB on the Mac or, I would guess, NJB on Linux, as your MTP client, the Auto detect mode will connect you via MSC, just as it would if you didn't have any MTP software on the computer. I don't know of any way to force a player that does not have a strict MTP mode option to connect to a Mac, or to any computer that does not support an appropriate version of Windows Media Player, via MTP.