android
Old 07-22-2010, 02:58 PM

Default Clip+, Rockbox Radio WPS

I know there are very few here that use their CLIP+ rockboxed radio, but was wondering if anyone know of a simple WPS rather than just the blank screen?

thanks

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Rockbox Developer

Clipster, the whole skinning engine is in the process of being reimplemented with a different syntax. I'd like a nice FM screen for the clip/clipv/clip+ too, maybe I'll work on it after the skinning engine rework is done. I don't know of any current work on the FMS for the clips.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:18 AM

Hey bertrik,

that sounds great. I just love Rockbox and was just looking for something more to jazz up the raido WPS is all.

thanks for all the hard work.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:34 AM

try my FMS. i'm reluctant to upload it to the skin site because there's no easy way to reset the fms skin unless you reset your configuration or hand edit the cfg file. make sure you have the latest build so that there's enough skin ram to go around. uses 35-Adobe-Helvetica-Bold.fnt and 08-Rockfont.fnt font from the font pack.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=H23X1O5V

Last edited by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n; 10-25-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Old 08-03-2010, 09:03 AM

I will try it out. Thanks.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n View Post
try my FMS.

That is pretty slick! Makes me want to actually use my FM tuner for once!

Old 08-04-2010, 02:38 PM

I agree. nice FMS. can show what is capable in rockbox on the clip/+

Old 08-04-2010, 09:22 PM

Thanks folks. If interested, this FMS was originally paired w/ my clock_lock WPS. FYI, there's a bug in the current build that doesnt refresh the clock. Its not the WPS code.

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansaclipplus

Last edited by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n; 10-25-2010 at 12:24 AM.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Very interesting and clever stuff, that, and exactly what many of us at the SanDisk Clip forums have been suggesting for years, with the multiple windows of info.!

Rather than using different key combinations, I wonder if you've thought of simply scrolling through the various windows with presses of the same button, such as the select. Although, then people might want a key combination to get directly to a particular screen, I guess. Perhaps use the left button to get to one screen, and the right to get to the other, and the select to return to the clock--easy to remember and perform?

I do wonder if it's necessary, especially given the limited real estate, to include at least certain of the field names on the screens, such as album, year, and genre--seems a bit redundant in a user actual use sort of way.

A big shame as to the Rockbox build bug--hopefully, to go away? And a question as to the clock display: is it always on? That might be a concern with limited-life OLED screens. Or does the clock go away after a certain preset number of seconds, and then back with a button press?

Again, a well-deserved kudos to you!

Old 08-06-2010, 02:33 AM

It's be great if the down button could be used to toggle through different viewports. It sounds like a simple function since the down button doesn't do anything at this point.

As for the labels, they keep the skin organized. Without them the skin would be hard to follow, plus theyre used as placeholders for files without tags.

i've been playing around with the skin engine and trying out a few things. Check out the skins i've come up with. Most are pretty useless but definitely fun. I just wanted to show others what the skin engine is capable of.

http://themes.rockbox.org/index.php?...=sansaclipplus

Last edited by rEUD0yNGneUGi9n; 08-08-2010 at 04:07 AM.