android
Old 07-22-2010, 09:46 PM

Default Req: Free-State theme port

This post is a request to those of you that have the skill and willingness to share their work proving themes for us all. Of all the themes that I had on my e270, the Free-State theme is the one I used the most, and therefore miss the most on the Fuze. TIA

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-04-2010, 01:28 PM

This one used to be on the old wiki I think. updated it for you.
Attached Images
File Type: png menu.png (22.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: png wps.png (22.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: png wps2.png (18.1 KB, 18 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Free-state.zip (49.1 KB, 8 views)

Old 08-04-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenc View Post
This one used to be on the old wiki I think. updated it for you.
Eureka - it works!

Thank you VERY MUCH - greatly appreciated.

What I really liked about Free-State was the indication of "Times-Played" and Song Rating" in the WPS screen (along with all of the other data) - ideally I'd have preferred those to show along with the album art, not instead of the album art. I don't recall how the original theme worked on the e200 series with album art (I seem to recall it was one of the themes that was "retro-fitted" for album art).

Also, this "bug" isn't exclusive to Free-State (I've noticed it happening with MANY themes) - after loading Free-State and playing something, the WPS screen will look perfect, but when you go "back" to the main screen, the bottom of the main screen will still have graphics from the last theme you were using (in my case Azure+). I figured out a way to fix the problem - after loading the new theme I go back to Settings>ThemeSettings>BaseSkin>Rockbox_none and that seems to fix it.

I hope you upload this theme to Rockbox'es theme site. Others wll enjoy your work whether they agree with my suggestions, or not. Thanks again.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:05 PM

The remnents of previous themes SBS are left behind due to themes not setting a null SBS and leaves the rest of the SBS behind in doing so.

Try the following line in the .cfg in themes folder.

sbs: -

I know the Free-State one your thinking of there was 2 on teh e200 as far as I know, the original one and an AM Remix.
Could redo this one with that info if the mood took me.
Just a few changes needed I guess.

Dunno if I could upload it as I'm not sure what the license of the original was ?
Just checked and it can't be uploaded due to it being licensed under teh Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:45 PM

I don't understand - doesn't that license specifically allow for alteration, as long as its freely distributed with the same provisions attached (under the share-alike rules) - and doesn't Rockbox distribute under the same provisions themselves?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:18 AM

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/ThemeGuidelines

Quote:
If you want your theme to be part of the Rockbox collection it is expected that the theme has a clear license. The new standard is CC-BY-SA. Themes not posted with a permissive license will be removed from the wiki. Themes not using CC-BY-SA will not be transferred to the replacement themes website. No one can modify material from your theme if it is not published with a suitable license. Please make sure that any 3rd party images have an appropriate license (granting re-use and/or modification). For some sources of images published with a clear license see FreeImages.

Old 08-05-2010, 05:25 AM

... and THAT is why I'm not a lawyer, because they read pretty much the same to me and I'd interpret the Rockbox instructions to allow posting the first license type as well.

Oh well - I can still hold out hope that you'll decide to work on the modifications of the AM Remix version and post it here.