android
Old 07-26-2010, 04:16 PM

Default S545 has working UMS mode?

I've keep reading conflicted reports about this, so I decided to post here and see if any S545 owners can confirm or deny this: Does the S545 have UMS support? I've heard everything from yes to maybe to "it will brick you player". I have a mac, so MTP is out of the question.

Anyone know for sure?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GumbyX84 View Post
I've keep reading conflicted reports about this, so I decided to post here and see if any S545 owners can confirm or deny this: Does the S545 have UMS support? I've heard everything from yes to maybe to "it will brick you player". I have a mac, so MTP is out of the question.

Anyone know for sure?
I was the one whose S545 didn't take kindly to the forced MSC mode, the player was dead for 36 hours before I was able to resurrect it.....but the trick has worked for many other people. That was a different scenario, though doing the trick in Windows.

I think if you connect a Sony to a Mac it automatically goes into a UMS mode, and it should work ok for you.....but I can't 100% guarantee it becuase I don't have a Mac(or an S545 anymore).

Old 07-27-2010, 04:43 PM

Like I said in the same thread, your mileage may vary. I happen to be one of those for which it worked.

Marvin, I never did ask you, but what version of Windows were you running? I ask because it worked for me under 7, but I haven't tried it under my XP machine or the one Vista machine in the house.

Old 07-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strephon Alkhalikoi View Post
Like I said in the same thread, your mileage may vary. I happen to be one of those for which it worked.

Marvin, I never did ask you, but what version of Windows were you running? I ask because it worked for me under 7, but I haven't tried it under my XP machine or the one Vista machine in the house.
I just had to search for that thread to answer you....but it happened in February, so I was using Win 7 by then.