android
  #1  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Albinoni's Avatar
Albinoni Albinoni is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 182
Default SQ of the Zen Xfi II

I am getting all mixed reviews and opinions of the sound quality of the Zen Xi Fi II, so I decidded to ask this Q here and would like some honest feedback on the SQ of the Zen X-FI II.

Also what DAC does it use and also is the touch screen a pain to use.

What can you tell me about this player.
Reply With Quote

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

  #2  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:58 AM
Marvin the Martian's Avatar
Marvin the Martian Marvin the Martian is offline
Ultra Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: east central NY state
Posts: 10,564
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albinoni View Post
I am getting all mixed reviews and opinions of the sound quality of the Zen Xi Fi II, so I decidded to ask this Q here and would like some honest feedback on the SQ of the Zen X-FI II.

Also what DAC does it use and also is the touch screen a pain to use.

What can you tell me about this player.
If you're asking this, you've been spending too much time at Head-Fi.
__________________
Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB<-All RB'd Clip Sport 8GB, Cowon D2+20GB
iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB,Touch 2G 8GB,2012 Nexus 7 32GB(4.4.2),Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB(4.2.2)
Reply With Quote

  #3  
Old 07-27-2010, 10:33 AM
sYlt's Avatar
sYlt sYlt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 288
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin the Martian View Post
If you're asking this, you've been spending too much time at Head-Fi.
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/...ve-zen-x-fi-ii

Regarding the question above, I can't tell u much about it cause I never had any other players than Creative, but so far the X-Fi 2 has been the best for me.

Last edited by sYlt; 07-27-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Reply With Quote

  #4  
Old 07-27-2010, 09:59 PM
glove4 glove4 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 385
Default

The X-Fi 2 has solid sound quality in my opinion, no better or worse than many other players available. The crucial factor in making it better is upgrading your headphones. I wouldn't worry so much about Creative's sound quality so much as getting a top-notch set of IEM's or headphones to go with it.
Reply With Quote

  #5  
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Albinoni's Avatar
Albinoni Albinoni is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 182
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by glove4 View Post
The X-Fi 2 has solid sound quality in my opinion, no better or worse than many other players available. The crucial factor in making it better is upgrading your headphones. I wouldn't worry so much about Creative's sound quality so much as getting a top-notch set of IEM's or headphones to go with it.
Thank you for that, its just people at Head Fi seem to always bash Creative like their a pile of junk, but I suppose everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Ive always loved the SQ of Creative players no matter what others say.

Ohh and dont worry about good headphones because this is what I have:

1. AKG K450
2. Audio Technica ATH-ES7
3. Grado SR80
4. Allesandro MS1
5. Klipsch Image S4


Plus my seperate CMOY/Headphone amps consist of BurrBrown/TI and Analog Devices opamp chips, Nichicon and WIMA Caps and Vishay Dale Resistors.
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 AM.