android
Old 07-30-2010, 11:01 PM

Default Sansa Fuze Armband

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good armband to use with the Fuze. I want to keep the Clear Crystal Case on it while it's in the armband so I need something that will work with it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 07-30-2010, 11:55 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdy3.14159265 View Post
I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good armband to use with the Fuze. I want to keep the Clear Crystal Case on it while it's in the armband so I need something that will work with it.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
I've only ever seen armbands that go with the silicone skins....they have slots on the back side for the armband to go through. Of course, to go this route, you would also need a screen protector.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:40 AM

I'm getting a screen protector too, to go under the case for any dirt that gets in there.

Old 07-31-2010, 12:45 AM
Ultra Senior Member

In that case, you can find many inexpensive bundles for the Fuze online. I had one with my first Fuze that had screensaver, skin, armband, and an extra sync cable that was very cheap that I bought off Amazon. That was almost 2 years ago, so I don't recall the exact one, but if you just type Sansa Fuze case in the search box there, you'll have a whole list of them to choose from.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Ultra Senior Member

+1 with Marv on the Fuze accesory bundles. Try also ebay - search for Fuze accessories.

there is a great deal for 9USD - clear case [which is suprisingly good with tight tolerances], extra cable, cig lighter charger and wall charger.

Good stuff...if interested, I PM me and I will email you the dealer I used. Very reliable seller.
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 07-31-2010, 03:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm getting a screen protector too, to go under the case for any dirt that gets in there.
http://www.bestskinsever.com/sandisk-sansa-fuze

thats the best bang for your buck to protect the fuze from the crystal case, and you do want to do that, my first 2 fuzes got small scruff marks on the screen due to grit getting under the case, wish I had found the skins sooner, those generic screen protectors arent even close to as good......

just watch it, if you want to remove the back part of the skin, it will likely take the fuzes rubber backing off with it, I only know this thanks to a lovely lady I know pealing the case off of one of my fuze's with the excuse that it looked to her like a factory installed scratch protector you where ment to remove, bullsh...shes just an idiot.....

Old 07-31-2010, 05:09 PM

I bought one of the accessory bundles off Amazon, it contains a Crystal Case, Screen Protector, Belt Clip, Car Adapter, Home Adapter, Extra Cable and some headphone jack thing.

What I feel I'm planning on is keeping the Crystal Case on forever after I make sure I don't have to shave off part of the cord gap like some. If it wouldn't make the case more expensive I wish they would put a little silicon border on the inside of the case around the openings keeping dirt and water out of it.

Old 08-01-2010, 12:06 AM

I bought a silicone skin, armband and belt clip bundle from eBay right after I bought my Fuze. The skin was nice, but it didn't protect the screen and the way the armband fit on it left it a little floppy. The arm band was a little tight too.

I was in Best Buy picking up something else when I found this one. It's much better quality, and it protects the whole player. The arm band is a lot more comfortable too.

Old 08-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Don't expect any silicon skin to protect the screen - the type of silicon is not transparent, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EggyCuppy View Post
just watch it, if you want to remove the back part of the skin, it will likely take the fuzes rubber backing off with it, I only know this thanks to a lovely lady I know pealing the case off of one of my fuze's with the excuse that it looked to her like a factory installed scratch protector you where ment to remove, bullsh...shes just an idiot.....
Did you manage to stop her in time?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnms View Post
I was in Best Buy picking up something else when I found this one. It's much better quality, and it protects the whole player. The arm band is a lot more comfortable too.
Do you know if it will fit over the Crystal Case because I don't wanna have to take it off when I go bike riding, for difficulty sake and because it's good protection.

Old 08-02-2010, 12:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey Nerdy, I don't use silicone cases [dust magnets and I just don't really like em].

The clear plastic case I have, while thin, does add some thickness to the device. I guess with silicone skins one might be able to stretch it a bit around the encased Fuze, given the nature of silicone. No way to tell unless you or someone else has given this a shot.

btw, if you rockbox the Fuze, you should be able to quite nicely and accurately manipulate the device [pause, track changes, possibly volume level adjustments] while it is in your pocket. I have gotten quite good at this while playing pool [or on the street, whatever] with the Fuze in my pants pockets.

The reason why you can do this with a rb'd Fuze is that there is a kind of software "psuedo hold" setting on rockbox [my terminology]. You can set the Fuze under rockbox so that any first keypress of the wheel/button will simply activate the screen and ring lights. With some practice, and knowing this, you can see how easy it is to be able to pause/change tracks "on the blind". Volume changes are also possible in this manner, i have found.

One more reason why tactile is better than touchscreens IMO. :-) This could also come in quite handy on your bike rides.

cheers and let us know if you give the silicone skin/clear case combo a shot.
-lestatar
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-02-2010, 08:21 PM

I didn't mean the silicone case, I meant the armband jimnms suggested (although I did have that idea and it would reduce some of the shacking with the just the fuse and silicone with armband.)

Old 08-03-2010, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Do you know if it will fit over the Crystal Case because I don't wanna have to take it off when I go bike riding, for difficulty sake and because it's good protection.
No, it's a very tight fitting case, but I think it will protect it just as well, or better than the Crystal Case. It's a soft leather type material that will absorb the impact of any drops. I'd think a hard plastic case like the Crystal case would transfer the impact into the player.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:34 AM

I think that the crystal case would make it bounce more or higher or at all, might keep more energy in the player but it will hold it together and since the fuze is most likely tight fitting inside everything should hold together.