android
Old 09-25-2010, 02:44 PM

Now my workstation for building apps is up and running again! I've celebrated this with doing SOME additional programming. But I hit a roadblock...

I am making the fighting interface, but I have no idea what attacks to add, how powerful to make them and so. I need suggestions and ideas.

(This is what you get for not doing the entire game plan ahead of time, stupid Hab falling in the same trap again...)
Like my work? Tell your friends. Don't like it? Tell me so I can improve. ^.^

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 09-27-2010, 06:32 AM

Lol :P Have you seen the new pokemon release? (Yes, yes it may seem as if I'm going off topic but I'm not.)

Seriously, download the DS emu and get the new pokemon. You needn't look any further for inspiration.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 AM

I'm not trying to be inspired by Pokémon, In actuality I'm trying to make something which differs from it, since everybody already think I've stolen the entire thing from there when I really just draw the game in the same angle like many games for older handhelds did...

Old 09-27-2010, 03:17 PM

I've been reading up on this topic and the game looks great =)

You said you needed ideas but I wonder what kind of game you want it to be? I'm not a programmer or artist or anything like that though so I guess I can't be of any help in those departments.

First, I think of early Final Fantasy... You know, a HealthPoints / MagicPoints game with melee or magic attacks and level upgrades.

Then you talked about a Pandoras Box kind of game.. I think of Mega Man (yeah, I'm old as hell) ;P where one boss weapon is used on another boss and you have to find out which weapon works best on which boss. No levelups or anything like that, just new weapons. Ah, you have all played it =)

I think the cat should have Claws / Bite or similar as melee attack, then it depends on if you will use MP or not. If you use MP I think that the game should feature a Block option where the cat gets back MP in cost of Health.

After the fight.. How does the cat get back MP / HP? Potions? Automatic restore? Rest?

I don't know how indepth this game will be but I would really love an "Instant Save" function so I could get back exactly where I left off, even in a fight!

Oh well, maybe not much of a help but that was my thoughts on the game. Maybe worth something, maybe not

Take care!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:22 PM

Hmm in games I know you have a normal punch, hard punch, and some kicks. Oh and blocking ofcourse. But a kicking cat may be weird.. perhaps leave that out and use magic instead, but I can't advice on that since magic and skills usually confuse me too much in a game..

Maybe the cat can use its claws in the hard punch, for extra damage. Oh and biting would also be cool, as mentioned above.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habhome View Post
Now my workstation for building apps is up and running again! I've celebrated this with doing SOME additional programming. But I hit a roadblock...

I am making the fighting interface, but I have no idea what attacks to add, how powerful to make them and so. I need suggestions and ideas.

(This is what you get for not doing the entire game plan ahead of time, stupid Hab falling in the same trap again...)
you could use simple attacks like: kick, slam and slash
and when you are at a higher lvl there come new attack more powerfull
and with new weapons you get new attack to.
it would be nice if you can make weapons in the game with skills, like runescape.

Last edited by matthijs1929; 09-29-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 PM

when is it being released?

Old 09-30-2010, 05:56 PM
X-Fi2 Development Moderator

plz read the post before hand before asking questions. The question "when will it be done" has been answered MANY MANY MANY MANY times on multiple threads. the fact is it is hombrew we do it for free and in our spare time we have no idea when we will finish projects. We might have an estimate but there could be a sudden error when we are close to done and have to restart certian parts or we just dont have enough time to work on it.

this question has been asked over 5 times on this thread and by the same people over and over

Last edited by jbob182; 09-30-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:39 AM

how is development going on?

Old 10-06-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthijs1929 View Post
how is development going on?
I'm sorry to say that it right now is pretty still. My university project is keeping me all too busy to be able to spend any real time with this. But I promise you that I haven't forgotten about it and when I am able to I do some coding.

But I am working full time with a project at Uni, I try to keep up with some shooting practice when I can to keep my skills in shape, and I try to keep my life together which is pretty complicated due to some personal reasons. All this together have a higher priority than this I am afraid.

Old 10-06-2010, 08:45 PM

oke,
success with our project.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:28 PM

can u release a test version so us peeps who are wanting to try it can?

Old 10-07-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
can u release a test version so us peeps who are wanting to try it can?
It isn't that easy. When you are halfway such a big project you can't just upload it since it will not work right. Besides, getting everything together for a pre-release would cost some time, and as you know Habhome has more important things on his mind right now and we respect that.

Old 10-08-2010, 04:55 PM

ok sorry i asked

Old 10-10-2010, 06:49 AM

OOOOOKAY! IMMA BACK! YEAH!

So, I went off on a personal coding holiday, where I shut myself off from all internet social contact and... well, not really. But I hav learnt how to use Lua tables

Anyway, what these guys up here are suggesting with the Quick Claw, Strong Claw, and Bite are good ideas, but this cat is very MP based (if I'm wrong, correct me) and you'll want to (for a pre-release at least) have fireball, ice blast, root, earth shatter, light energy ray, and dark energy beams. Also, if you want to get really indepth, you could make the player choose one or two of the elemental paths and become an elemental master (a plot idea?)

Hope you can derive something vaguely useful out of that

Old 10-10-2010, 02:01 PM

i have a feeling this is gonna be HUGE!

Old 10-10-2010, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by datallboy View Post
i have a feeling this is gonna be HUGE!
Don't expect too much. I'm just ONE lone programmer with very limited time... (Or well not alone, thanks Brett and you others for the help)
But yeah, the reason it's takign time is that I don't have time, not that it's a huge thing.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:57 AM

Ooh, on a sort of side note, you mentioned ages ago that TheivingSix was making the external program for creating the maps. Has he finished?

Also, what stage are you up to? You haven't posted a 'To do and done so far' in a little while. Perhaps it may help to quieten the more enthusiastic of us?

Old 10-18-2010, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S1M1S View Post
Ooh, on a sort of side note, you mentioned ages ago that TheivingSix was making the external program for creating the maps. Has he finished?

Also, what stage are you up to? You haven't posted a 'To do and done so far' in a little while. Perhaps it may help to quieten the more enthusiastic of us?
He has not finished it, I am unsure if he managed to get the time off he spoke about even, since I haven't heard anything from him. So right now I have no tool for my map editing. So far that's not an issue since I have lots of other things to finish, but it will be necessary for the finished game.

And I may actually try to assemble a list. Not sure if it'll be complete though. But that will have to wait until after school today maybe.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Posted some updates to the first post with a bit of progress information.

Tags
creative, habhome, lua, neko apprentice, rpg, xfi2, zen