android
Old 08-03-2010, 03:55 PM

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women
Default Nothing Very Exciting

Nothing very exciting, but I was bored, and thought what the heck.
Sorry for the poor photo.
Archos 5 250GB
Archos 605 WiFi 30GB (x2)
Zune 30GB w/80GB drive upgrade (red)
Zune 30GB (black)
Sansa e260v2 w/2GB card

Microsoft Zune 30GB (black)
SanDisk Sansa e260v2 4GB (w/2GB card)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-03-2010, 04:11 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Hey 1shado1, looks like sweet gear to me. :-) Exciting gear, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. But I will say you have great taste in music! Especially Satch and BOC, but I am really impressed with Winger...

"She's only seventeen
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough
Old enough for me!"

Btw, what headphones do you use or are you telekinetically linked to your players? <wink>

And you should post your gear pics here in this thread instead of starting a new one - just a tip. :-)
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=10947
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 08-03-2010, 04:41 PM

Location: Where No Man Has Gone Before: The Planet Phi-Epsilon Nudist Colony For Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by lestatar View Post
Hey 1shado1, looks like sweet gear to me. :-) Exciting gear, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. But I will say you have great taste in music! Especially Satch and BOC, but I am really impressed with Winger...

"She's only seventeen
Daddy says she's too young
But she's old enough
Old enough for me!"

Btw, what headphones do you use or are you telekinetically linked to your players? <wink>

And you should post your gear pics here in this thread instead of starting a new one - just a tip. :-)
http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum...ad.php?t=10947
Yeah, it's okay gear I guess. I'm not one to carry around a bunch of extraneous stuff like headphone amps. Easy portability is important to me. The reason I didn't bother putting my headphones in the pic is the fact that the best I have at the moment is a pair of Koss KSC75's, lol. My 1978 vintage pair of Koss Pro4/AAAs recently puked out on me. Why Koss, you ask? Local company.

It actually wasn't my intention to start a new thread. I was on the phone, and I am terrible at multitasking. Think a mod would move my post if I ask nicely? Or can I delete it and start over?

I was hoping someone would notice the Winger, and give me a hard time. I actually am not a fan of 80's hair bands in the least. But for some reason, I like that song. One of my guilty pleasure tunes.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, there are about 4000 other threads in "Show Off Your Gear". So on second thought, I don't feel too bad. It's not like there's an insane amout of traffic.

P.S. I just gotta ask: Why do you have underwear and pool cues in your sig? Maybe I should add all the Tupperware I inherited (more like got stuck with) when my Mother passed away, to my sig, lol.

Last edited by 1shado1; 08-03-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:44 PM
Ultra Senior Member

That's not a bad setup. I have a Sansa e270, its a great player, just doesn't have good SQ and is getting old...I don't know any of those songs. I like Muse, however nobody else here seems to know about them...I seem to be alone. However in the past year I've become a dedicated Muse fan, they're my favorite band, and it's the only thing I listen to nowadays. Anybody reading this post I highly recommend you check them out on someplace like Amazon MP3....anyways, the next thing u should do is post your headphones on the thread that lestatar gave you a link to, we're all curious!

Retired Devices:
Sansa Fuze 8+16GB Rockboxed

Old 08-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
That's not a bad setup. I have a Sansa e270, its a great player, just doesn't have good SQ and is getting old...I don't know any of those songs. I like Muse, however nobody else here seems to know about them...I seem to be alone. However in the past year I've become a dedicated Muse fan, they're my favorite band, and it's the only thing I listen to nowadays. Anybody reading this post I highly recommend you check them out on someplace like Amazon MP3....anyways, the next thing u should do is post your headphones on the thread that lestatar gave you a link to, we're all curious!
Yeah, the Sansa e270 was only made in one version, and the sound isn't all that good. My e260v2 uses the same chipset as the Sansa Clip and I believe the same as the Fuze, too. The sound is much improved. My v1 e260 puked out under warranty, and they sent me a v2. Much better sound. My e260v2 is set up to dual boot either the original firmware, or Rockbox.

I'm not gonna bother digging out the camera again to take a photo of an el cheapo (20 bucks) pair of headphones, lol.

I will definitely check out Muse. But I'm an old fart, and it might not agree with me.

P.S. Just to clarify, I HAVE heard of Muse, I've just never heard them yet.

Last edited by 1shado1; 08-03-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1shado1 View Post
Yeah, the Sansa e270 was only made in one version, and the sound isn't all that good. My e260v2 uses the same chipset as the Sansa Clip and I believe the same as the Fuze, too. The sound is much improved. My v1 e260 puked out under warranty, and they sent me a v2. Much better sound. My e260v2 is set up to dual boot either the original firmware, or Rockbox.

I'm not gonna bother digging out the camera again to take a photo of an el cheapo (20 bucks) pair of headphones, lol.

I will definitely check out Muse. But I'm an old fart, and it might not agree with me.
Wow I never thought that the SQ would be improved over a v2 model. Anyways thanks for checking out Muse, although I'm not sure how an old fart will like them! However, I like them because they have a ton of variety, more variety than any band I've ever heard of before, and, even though my parents aren't old farts (yet!), they like them too. In order to find out how much variety they have you need to check out a couple of their albums, and over the years, each album has a completely different style. I've got four of their albums, ranging from 2001-2009, and each one has a completely different sound to it.

Retired Devices:

Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM

Durn whippersnappers and their newfangled music!!

I'm still into vinyl, too.

Do you prefer certain Muse albums more than others?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:36 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Durn whippersnappers and their newfangled music!!

I'm still into vinyl, too.

Do you prefer certain Muse albums more than others?
Yes, I do. In the order of my most favorite to my least favorite, here is a list:

1. Black Holes and Revelations
2. Origin of Symmetry
3. The Resistance
4. Absolution

However, there isn't a single song that I absolutely hate and can't listen to in any of the albums, I like all of them, I just like some better than others.

Retired Devices:

Old 08-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Ultra Senior Member

If all you have is a KSC75, then why so many players?

Old 08-04-2010, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickysio View Post
If all you have is a KSC75, then why so many players?
I use some players for video specifically, and others for just music. As I only have one head, I only need one set of phones at any given time. I actually have about a half dozen pairs of crappy headphones/earbuds, but at the moment, the $20 Koss are the best ones, lol. I'm not that anal about my portable sound quality. I save that for my home stereo and home theater systems.

I have no specific reason for having so many players. One for video, and one for audio would be enough. But I acquire more, and just don't sell off as many as I should. Used to have about 40 vintage portable CD players, too. Just a "thing", I guess.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Oh wow, I'd guess that as a student it probably was criminal to not sell, cause we don't have that much cash.

Or rather, I don't have that much cash, seeing what my classmates buy.

Guess for people with income, it's a whole new ballgame.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
Oh wow, I'd guess that as a student it probably was criminal to not sell, cause we don't have that much cash.

I'm in the same situation. I have very little cash, and all the students in my school have all the expensive tech gear that they probably don't buy themselves. Also, if I don't have much cash, I think it's the best idea to sell something you don't need in order to get cash for something you need more.

Retired Devices:

Old 08-04-2010, 04:15 PM

Quote:

Yes, being past the student age by a few years does make a difference. But at the moment, it doesn't. Lost my job due to the recession, lol.

Old 08-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Ultra Senior Member

Quote:
...SNIPPED...P.S. I just gotta ask: Why do you have underwear and pool cues in your sig? Maybe I should add all the Tupperware I inherited (more like got stuck with) when my Mother passed away, to my sig, lol.

LOL...Says the guy who is from a nudist colony...
PoolCues: a bunch
A Glossary for Newbies

Old 11-21-2010, 12:46 PM

Very nice collection! I'm one of the few people that actually love the "Doo Doo Brown" Zune. I had one, but it got stolen and I kinda miss it. In fact, I think I might go check ebay.......