android
Old 08-27-2010, 05:05 PM

Help Movie Resolutions

Just curious why it is if I download a movie on my Xbox, I can get 1080p resolution, but if I download on my PC, the resolution is 720p? Both claim to be the Zune marketplace. Both seem to cost the same in MS Points. And with this supposed push to "buy once, download on other machines" push (that still doesn't cover all content), why would I not have the option to download a 1080p video on my PC, too?

I get that my ZuneHD only supports up to 720p, but my PC is more than capable of resolutions higher than even 1080p, and Zune software auto-converts the video down for the Zune HD...

K.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 AM

yeah I never really understood that either. but if you are only going to watch it on your computer from the PC software, there really is no reason to bump it up to 1080P....you have to have a 32" screen or larger to actually see the difference in quality. but i do agree with you...it would still be nice to output it to a TV for a portable option.

Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM

"you have to have a 32" screen or larger to actually see the difference in quality."

There is a rule like this but it applies to TVs, not computer monitors, you should be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 720p on any fairly large full HD computer monitor (so this situation is a bummer).

Old 08-30-2010, 11:29 AM

And my computer has an HDMI out option for display on a television, as many modern computers are doing. So monitor size issues aside, my original issue remains...

K.